Goodbye Jesus

Neale Donald Walse

Margee

I still recieve Neale Donald Walse's 'daily reminders' in my inbox everyday. I like 'his' version of God. This was today's message. I like what it says. I know anyone could give this message, but do you guys think he is sincere? I know he's become a very rich man, having these 'conversations, with this very friendly version of god.:shrug: I like his god - do you?

On this day of your life, Margee, I believe God wants you to know...

....that the best argument you can make is no argument

at all.

Do not argue with life, or with anyone in life. Life

presents itself perfectly in every moment, and every

person believe his or her point of view to be valid

and 'right.'

Arguing with any of this is pointless, and a terrific

waste of energy. Simply create what you choose next.

You will not have to think but a second to know

exactly why you received this message today.

• Super Moderator

I have read his material and I agree - his "revealed wisdom" paints a really cute picture of a god. If you listen to his audio books read by Ed Asner it's even cuter.

If only there were any evidence that he is right. I guess if one simply must believe in the supernatural, his version is pretty sweet. Beats the shit out of the god invented by the Old Testament writers.

Looks just like a horoscope to me.

Yes it does Eugene! But I like it - I'm going to try to do what he does - LAUGH FOR THE NIGHT - Here goes:

'Margee'-- god , I am enjoying my new friends so much on the 'exchristian' forum.

'God' -- That's because I sent them to you right now, knowing that you need a little help.

'Margee' -- But what if they give me the wrong answers?

'God' - Margee, there are no wrong answers. The answers are always right ,even if the answers are wrong - the right and wrong answers will be your answer and then you can answer your own question.

'Margee' -:Hold on - you've lost me??

'God' - You'll only get lost when you don't get your answer, so try to ask the right questions.

'Margee' -:Thanks god - Can it be that simple?

'God' - Yes Margee - everything is simple when you ask all the right questions and get the wrong answers to the right questions.

'Margee' - Thank you god - It all makes sense to me now. :scratch::lmao:

YOU WILL KNOW WHY YOU RECIEVED THIS MESSAGE TONIGHT!

P.S. How'd i do? :twitch:

I'm still confused, so ... you did great! biggrin.gif

I guess if one simply must believe in the supernatural, his version is pretty sweet.

You must not have been aware you were posting in the Spirituality forum, since you said that if you ever did again it would only be by mistake.

To be little stronger in my language with you, I was given advice by a fellow moderator that I should "just do what needs to be done" in regards to these sorts of things, with those who repeatedly ignore the rules and expectations of these forums and its moderating staff. I will do exactly that next time, since you can't seem to respect the rules of this forum.

There will be no further warnings, no more diplomacy.

• Super Moderator

So sorry, AM. I enjoyed reading Walsh and saw his name in the topic. My bad, but mistakes do happen. Please forgive my error, it was unintentional.

• 9 months later...

Margee,

It's been a while since I read his books but what I got out of it was that he was always putting the ball back on your court. The responsibility for one's life (and happiness - which is how one deals with life) was where it should be - in your own lap. That and a big dose of warm fuzzies. Reading those books and the Celestine Prophecy was a turning point for me - that 'god' or spirituality could be something way different than I had previously thought.

They opened doors in my mind and heart.. and I think that is what counts most.

Yes it does Eugene! But I like it - I'm going to try to do what he does - LAUGH FOR THE NIGHT - Here goes:

'Margee'-- god , I am enjoying my new friends so much on the 'exchristian' forum.

'God' -- That's because I sent them to you right now, knowing that you need a little help.

'Margee' -- But what if they give me the wrong answers?

'God' - Margee, there are no wrong answers. The answers are always right ,even if the answers are wrong - the right and wrong answers will be your answer and then you can answer your own question.

'Margee' -:Hold on - you've lost me??

'God' - You'll only get lost when you don't get your answer, so try to ask the right questions.

'Margee' -:Thanks god - Can it be that simple?

'God' - Yes Margee - everything is simple when you ask all the right questions and get the wrong answers to the right questions.

'Margee' - Thank you god - It all makes sense to me now. :scratch::lmao:

YOU WILL KNOW WHY YOU RECIEVED THIS MESSAGE TONIGHT!

P.S. How'd i do? :twitch:

God sounds like me after a few beers.

• Like 1

Margee,

It's been a while since I read his books but what I got out of it was that he was always putting the ball back on your court. The responsibility for one's life (and happiness - which is how one deals with life) was where it should be - in your own lap. That and a big dose of warm fuzzies. Reading those books and the Celestine Prophecy was a turning point for me - that 'god' or spirituality could be something way different than I had previously thought.

They opened doors in my mind and heart.. and I think that is what counts most.

it's been quite some time since I posted this. I 've had a lot of time to think.Istill like what he says but like florduh said: his "revealed wisdom" paints a really cute picture of a god.

Months later after living on this site, I now think that Neale Donald Walse is a highly Intellectual, brilliant, intelligent man, who has a lot of great answers for life - but they are not coming to him from god - he is putting down his great knowledge on paper and contributing it to 'hearing god speak........

and yes - his god is definetely better than the cranky god of the OT.

Funny, I never considered it a 'real' revelation.. I always read it as a work of fiction/philosophy...

I still liked it.. and why can't 'god' be cute? Bunnies are cute, didn't god create bunnies? :)

So sorry, AM. I enjoyed reading Walsh and saw his name in the topic. My bad, but mistakes do happen. Please forgive my error, it was unintentional.

God told me that your hat is really awesome.

Funny, I never considered it a 'real' revelation.. I always read it as a work of fiction/philosophy...

I still liked it.. and why can't 'god' be cute? Bunnies are cute, didn't god create bunnies? smile.png

Raven - right from the very beginning, he tells his story of god giving him all this information as a 'revelation'. It is definitely not meant to be fiction.

I have read all his books. They are pretty fastinating. I will say - It is a great philosophy to live by. And you're right - god should be cute!!

Since no one is allowed any opinion in this forum other than "that's lovely" I'm going to say Walsh is just lovely.

Did I avoid the red letter gods?

if this is going to come back up, can we make it more entertaining this time?

• Like 1

Rev, put it in the 'fight' section........LOlbluegrab.gif

What will we fight about? Cuteness? lol My god's cuter than your god! wait.. I don't have a god

...never mind

I still only saw it like I did Carlos Casteneda's writings - allegory/philosophy

Well, at least he never said that 'god' wanted blood sacrifice, or war..or spoke about 'chosen people', so if somewhat delusional by my standards at least he's benign, I can live with that. That he's getting wealthy from it? I don't care - hope he does well, helps some people along the way throw off the shackles of fear of a wrathful god, and passes his good fortune around a bit. just mho.

Oh please, not again.

Not within my power. Sorry.

What will we fight about?

It's a long running series of skirmishes between folks who like to speak their mind and folks who consider this section a refuge.

Since no one is allowed any opinion in this forum other than "that's lovely" I'm going to say Walsh is just lovely.

Oh what the hell. Grow up you nit. Reason, my ass. If you actually have something intelligent to say, you're welcome to it. Obviously you don't.

Oh what the hell. Grow up you nit. Reason, my ass. If you actually have something intelligent to say, you're welcome to it. Obviously you don't.

I read all of Walsh's books in my search for enlightenment, pre-atheist days. I have strong opinions about what Neil was trying to do, say, and accomplish. Not all of those opinions are favorable, or popular, but I have "reason" for forming them.

What is considered "intelligent" in this forum changes arbitrarily and I urge Margee to post this question in a less heavily patrolled forum for honest opinions from some of the less PC members.

Your house, your rules, I abide.

I read all of Walsh's books in my search for enlightenment, pre-atheist days. I have strong opinions about what Neil was trying to do, say, and accomplish. Not all of those opinions are favorable, or popular, but I have "reason" for forming them.

I have no problem with people expressing flaws they personally found. Good discourse allows for that. I just resent the living hell out of some, yourself included, saying this is political correctness, or you can't say anything but "yes, and amen" to everything. That's dog crap, and you know it. All that is asked for in this forum is one word, respect. I know it's hard to fathom for some,that it's actually possible to disagree respectfully. If someone doesn't know how to do that, then my foot is going to meet their butt.

What is considered "intelligent" in this forum changes arbitrarily and I urge Margee to post this question in a less heavily patrolled forum for honest opinions from some of the less PC members.

Your house, your rules, I abide.

Anytime you care to have a head on debate with me, let me know. I'm more than willing to let some air out of your balloon for you. Saying what you said above was me saying it lacked intelligence, which it does. If all someone wants to do is take "I'm smarter than you", pot-shots, such as blurting out "there is no God", instead of actually reasoned sentences that relate to the topic, than out you go.

Reason tells me there is no god.

God tells me there is no reason.

Why believe one over the other?

God tells you there is no reason?

But to your question I ask you, why is it a question of what to believe?

God tells you there is no reason?

But to your question I ask you, why is it a question of what to believe?

One man thinks one thing and says it is reasonable. Another man thinks and says another. Who is right? Both men think they are... even your most thought out conclusions might be different if you had experienced a different past.