Goodbye Jesus

What are the Scientific odds?

Guest acorn

Guest acorn

SIMPLE SCIENCE SAYS THAT WHEN YOU MAKE AN EXANMINATION THERE IS FIRST AN IDEA OR CONCEPT, THEN TEST ITS RESULTS.

I KNOW THAT MANY NON BELIEVERS SUSPECT THAT THE CHURCH EMBODIMENT HAS SOMEHOW CORRUPTED THE BIBLE. LETS THINK HYPOTHETICALLY. WE HAVE SCIENTIFIC ODDS ABOUT HEART ATTACKS, CANCER, ALL BASED ON CURRENT HEALTH, NORMAL EATING HABITS, GENETICS, ETC....REMEBER, SCIENTIFICALLY AFTER SO MANY NUMBERS OF TESTS WITH THE SAME CONSTANT AND DIFFERENT VARIBLES, WE AS HUMANS COME TO HAVE EVIDENCE THAT SOMETHING EXISTS, ACTS, OR REACTS A CERTAIN WAY WITH THE CONSTANT. LETS TAKE ALL THE MYTHOLOGICAL EVENTS THAT TOOK PLACE IN THE BIBLE AND CONDUCT AN EXPERIMENT OF THE ODDS. USE THIS AS A GUIDE. THE MYTHOLOGICAL EVENTS BEING THE (IDEA OR THING BEING EXPERIMENTED). THE DIFFERENCE IN TIME, RELEVANCE, AND THE NUMBER OF EVENTS THAT HAPPENED AS THE VARIBLES. LASTLY, THE CONSTANT WHICH IS THE PRESENCE OF " GOD "IN THE EVENTS.

WHAT IS THE SCIENTIFIC ODDS OF THE MYTHOLOGICAL EVENTS BEING TRUE OR FALSE?

NOTE:SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS OPINIONS WANTED! THANK YOU :thanks:

SIMPLE SCIENCE SAYS THAT WHEN YOU MAKE AN EXANMINATION THERE IS FIRST AN IDEA OR CONCEPT, THEN TEST ITS RESULTS.

I KNOW THAT MANY NON BELIEVERS SUSPECT THAT THE CHURCH EMBODIMENT HAS SOMEHOW CORRUPTED THE BIBLE. LETS THINK HYPOTHETICALLY. WE HAVE SCIENTIFIC ODDS ABOUT HEART ATTACKS, CANCER, ALL BASED ON CURRENT HEALTH, NORMAL EATING HABITS, GENETICS,  ETC....REMEBER, SCIENTIFICALLY AFTER SO MANY NUMBERS OF TESTS WITH THE SAME CONSTANT AND DIFFERENT VARIBLES, WE AS HUMANS COME TO HAVE EVIDENCE THAT SOMETHING EXISTS, ACTS,  OR REACTS A CERTAIN WAY WITH THE CONSTANT. LETS TAKE ALL THE MYTHOLOGICAL EVENTS THAT TOOK PLACE IN THE BIBLE AND CONDUCT AN EXPERIMENT OF THE ODDS. USE THIS AS A GUIDE. THE MYTHOLOGICAL EVENTS BEING THE (IDEA OR THING BEING EXPERIMENTED). THE  DIFFERENCE IN TIME, RELEVANCE, AND THE NUMBER OF EVENTS THAT HAPPENED AS THE VARIBLES. LASTLY,  THE CONSTANT WHICH IS THE PRESENCE OF " GOD "IN THE EVENTS.

WHAT IS  THE SCIENTIFIC ODDS OF THE MYTHOLOGICAL  EVENTS BEING TRUE OR FALSE?

NOTE:SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS      OPINIONS WANTED! THANK YOU

:thanks:

Get it through your fucking head. Nobody cares about whether or not the bible is corrupt, it's bullshit anyway.

There are no odds that mythological events are true or false. You can't calculate shit like that.

If the presence of God is a constant, then the odds of the event being true is 1:1.

Since God does not exist, the odds are 8.3 X 10^8,000,000,000

why apologize for ALL CAPS....and not fix it? Are you 7 years old?

Guest acorn

Reply to ashimov(sorry forgot to quote)

Sorry, This was geared toward the people that believe the Bible was based on actual real people, but since you dont believe its fiction the topic isnt even relevant to you. thank you for your comment anyhow though.

Your variables require definition. And since one of them happens to be "God" I don't think you'll be coming up with a definition that will suit, as no one I know of has done so thus far.

I think you could have PM that comment, wasnt about the topic at all. :Doh:

Your 'topic' isn't even a coherent statement....not much to comment on really.

Kind of like:

Do you like to ride the bus to school, or take your lunch?

DISCUSS!

Did you really have to start a new thread for this stupid question?

You asked other questions which were answered and did not respond to the ones that we asked you. Why should anyone continue engaging in discussion with you?

It is quite obvious you think that we haven't realised that your cult is true and you think that asking us some stupid questions we are going to see the light. The problem is that your questions suck. They are not going to convince anyone and ignoring what everyone says to you is not the way to go either.

Guest acorn
Did you really have to start a new thread for this stupid question?

The last thread was about the validity of the old manuscripts of the Bilbe.

You asked other questions which were answered and did not respond to the ones that we asked you. Why should anyone continue engaging in discussion with you?

You dont have to, and I have tried to respond to most. Sorry if I missed yours.

It is quite obvious you think that we haven't realised that your cult is true and you think that asking us some stupid questions we are going to see the light.

This was a very practical question, and Im not trying to make anyone realise anything or see the light.

The problem is that your questions suck. They are not going to convince anyone and ignoring what everyone says to you is not the way to go either.

Very simple solution then, Dont reply.I will try to respond as much as possible. Again, Im sorry if I didnt reply to you or anyone else.

Guest acorn
Your variables require definition.  And since one of them happens to be "God" I don't think you'll be coming up with a definition that will suit, as no one I know of has done so thus far.

I was refering to God as being the "source" that is associated with each mythological event, and the time, difference of people, etc. as the things that changed in each mythological event.

acorn....

After reading through your post and trying to grok it, I believe my IQ dropped several points.

Unsure what your postulation is, you have h alf a dozen tangental directions, none of which add up to much more than "does a bear shit in woods after dark?"..

Think I'll go grab a beer...

n

Well, given you're discussing the scientific odds of mythological events, and the definition of mythological is:

1. Of, relating to, or recorded in myths or mythology.

2. Fabulous; imaginary.

I'd say the odds are 0.

Guest acorn

[

definition of mythological is:

1. Of, relating to, or recorded in myths or mythology.

2. Fabulous; imaginary.

Supernatural, Unscientific, Unbelievable, etc..

What the heck are you babbling about? Why the heck did you post in caps? Do you have any idea how stupid you look posting in caps and the appologizing for it? What's your point, already? Instead of wasting your time posting this crap, why don't you do something good for the world, like choke on your own vomit and die?

Think I'll go grab a beer...

I think I will join you.

WHAT IS THE SCIENTIFIC ODDS OF THE MYTHOLOGICAL EVENTS BEING TRUE OR FALSE?

OK I'll play.

After careful consideration and complicated mathematical techniques I have concluded that:

1. The scientific odds of the mythological events (of the bible) being true. 0

2. The scientific odds of the mythological events (of the bible) being false 1/1

I guess I will play as well.

So, I will assume that the Bible is based on actual history and that actual people witnessed these events (That is a lot of asumptions!).

I would still go with Lucifer's calculations and say the chance is 0. Unless we can equally examine all the supernatural claims in other ancient texts. Of course, those other books are ficition because they are not talking about the "right" God. :Wendywhatever:

....good suffering Harvest gods. My head. My head.

The Bible could very well be based off of stories and events that really happened in historical times before the Bible itself was written. Have you heard of the old classroom experiment of the teacher whispering into the first student's ear a short story, and having them pass it on, and finding out at the very end just how much it still resembles the original tale? In every single occasion, the story will have changed dramatically; it may even end up with elements that weren't even present to begin with, that people unconsciously added on as they told it.

Now, apply that to the Great Flood. In a civilization where the boundries of their land may have seemed the length and breadth of the world, an immense flood - such as the one that created the Black Sea - would in fact seem like a worldwide event. Told through history, as the people scatter through the Mediteranean (am I spelling that right? Augh), it would grow in size, until the flood itself became a ridiculous event. It isn't possible to have a worldwide flood that would result in the same situations that the Bible tells us; the soil would be destroyed, plants killed, the fish in the seas and lakes senselessly murdered by the mix of fresh and saltwater, not to mention the improbility of Noah and his family being able to breathe in a world that has become so humid, with no trees to soak up the moisture.

Now apply it to the Tower of Babel. Perhaps the people of that civilization tried to build such a tall tower, which may have been politically disliked, or perhaps just a stupid endeavor. The beliefs of the people think it could reach God, who may resemble nothing at all like the Biblical God. When it's destroyed by, say, an earthquake, the people attribute it to God's anger, and - because if it was an earthquake, it probably took out most of the town, too - decide to migrate to new lives. Language being as changeable and malleable as it is - even now teen lingo has infected adult language; try to say something without saying "like" every few words - if they traveled in separate directions, their shared language would soon resemble distant cousins within a few generations.

La de da. You have your work of fiction.

I KNOW THAT MANY NON BELIEVERS SUSPECT THAT THE CHURCH EMBODIMENT HAS SOMEHOW CORRUPTED THE BIBLE. LETS THINK HYPOTHETICALLY. WE HAVE SCIENTIFIC ODDS ABOUT HEART ATTACKS, CANCER, ALL BASED ON CURRENT HEALTH, NORMAL EATING HABITS, GENETICS,  ETC....REMEBER, SCIENTIFICALLY AFTER SO MANY NUMBERS OF TESTS WITH THE SAME CONSTANT AND DIFFERENT VARIBLES, WE AS HUMANS COME TO HAVE EVIDENCE THAT SOMETHING EXISTS, ACTS,  OR REACTS A CERTAIN WAY WITH THE CONSTANT. LETS TAKE ALL THE MYTHOLOGICAL EVENTS THAT TOOK PLACE IN THE BIBLE AND CONDUCT AN EXPERIMENT OF THE ODDS. USE THIS AS A GUIDE. THE MYTHOLOGICAL EVENTS BEING THE (IDEA OR THING BEING EXPERIMENTED). THE  DIFFERENCE IN TIME, RELEVANCE, AND THE NUMBER OF EVENTS THAT HAPPENED AS THE VARIBLES. LASTLY,  THE CONSTANT WHICH IS THE PRESENCE OF " GOD "IN THE EVENTS.

Sure... lets test ALL the mythological events in the Bible.

Then, we can test ALL the mythological events from every other religion and/or culture.

Once we've done that, we can compare them... Would you like the results of that comparison?

Here you go... They are all as likely to be true as each other.

Now, because you'll want to be fair in your assessment of this, you'll have to accept the fact that if you deny any of them on scientific grounds, you have to deny ALL of them whereas, if you accept any of them, you must accept all of them.

You question is an attempt to show that the events in the Bible have a scientific possibility of occuring, thus giving it an appeal on rational grounds.

Guess it just backfired on you...

Acorn, go and read Gilgamesh, go and study ancient Mesoptomaian, Babylonian, Sumerian and Celtic mythologies, and you'll find the STORIES which the writers of the many books of the bible stole and reinterpreted to suit their own socio-cultural, religious and political agendas. Ironically, ALL of the core stories of Christianity, EVRERY SINGLE FUCKING ONE OF THEM is lifted directly from those cultures which Christians have historically condemned as evil and pagan.

What?!  :ugh: What exactly are you getting at here?

Simple science says that when you make an exanmination there is first an idea or concept, then test its results.

Iknow that many non believers suspect that the church embodiment has somehow corrupted the bible. lets think hypothetically. We have scientific odds about heart attacks, cancer, all based on current health, normal eating habits, genetics, etc....remeber, scientifically after so many numbers of tests with the same constant and different varibles, we as humans come to have evidence that something exists, acts, or reacts a certain way with the constant. Lets take all the mythological events that took place in the bible and conduct an experiment of the odds. use this as a guide. The mythological events being the (idea or thing being experimented). the difference in time, relevance, and the number of events that happened as the varibles. lastly, the constant which is the presence of " god "in the events.

What is the scientific odds of the mythological events being true or false?

note:sorry about the caps opinions wanted! thank you

Here's a readable version for everyone. Well, readable may be too kind here, but heck you know what I mean. :HaHa:

(PS: Illustrator has a function where I can automatically change case with a command. It's pretty nice.)

What the heck are you babbling about? Why the heck did you post in caps? Do you have any idea how stupid you look posting in caps and the appologizing for it?  What's your point, already? Instead of wasting your time posting this crap, why don't you do something good for the world, like choke on your own vomit and die?

Er...I was thinking more along the lines of buying the world a Coke...

make mine diet please, I'm trying to cut back. :grin:

Seriously Acorn, I don't think you can do any scientific experimentation when dealing with vague and supernatural entities. It be like making this equation:

The statistical odds of mggryflax being true are 14.8693:77.4892.

Of course, you have to calculate the value of Grbtilots and add it to Scarblax to get the answer.

Meaningless.

Why do you care about science or rational thought Acorn?

Science has consistently demonstrated that the bible's quaint depictions of the universe are nothing but nonsense. Nevertheless, you refuse to accept this and persist in believing in your fairy tales.

Ever hear of historical fiction? Its a type of story that has the setting set in a real historical time. It may make mention of real historical people and reference true historical events. That however doesn't make the story as a whole true even though parts of it may be historically accurate.