Goodbye Jesus

So god created humans,huh?

Guest fuct>

Guest fuct>

If god supposedly created human beings then why would he give us such a shoddy design? We're so fragile and our lifespans are so short, I just figure that if

a ~god~ created us, he/she/it would do a better job. Evolution does a perfect job of explaining our origin and also our shortcomings. Just my $0.02.

Guest Son of Belial
hahaha, shut up...don't insult me like that.

I was talking about Fuct. Thought maybe Quine made another "I'm pretending to be a dumbass athiest" account.

But your answer did sound a little like him. Wasn't what I meant though.

Guest riker115
Evolution does a perfect job of explaining our origin and also our shortcomings.

I love when people use evolution for creation theory and call people crazy for believing in the bible. Please fuct, enlighten us all as to just how evolution caused a puddle of primordial chemicals to evolve into self replicating DNA complete with the molecular machines that decode, read and assemble it's instructions simultaneously. It's ammazing that this could happen when after over 50 years of trying in laboritories under perfect conditions we have yet to creat more than organic molocules that don't even form coherent information let alone self replicating.

I'd also like to know how if time began at the big bang, even if you take into account string theory, how a universe could form by chance when without the passage of time from the outside there can be no causality or chance outside of intelegence and will.

Which is along the same lines of saying DNA evolved from chemicals. You don't have evolution without DNA. Chemicals don't store information on their own so for DNA to work you need an instantaneous creation of DNA and it's means of replication constituting no less than billions of bits of information for the functions needed to maintain the most primative single celled organism. Takes alot more faith to believe evolution created life than it does to believe God did it.

It's ammazing that this could happen when after over 50 years of trying in laboritories under perfect conditions we have yet to creat more than organic molocules that don't even form coherent information let alone self replicating.

Nature got many many millions of years to attempt this feat. When we can't do it in 50 you throw your arms up and your towel in. Telling, but not surprising.

I love when people use evolution for creation theory and call people crazy for believing in the bible.  Please fuct, enlighten us all as to just how evolution caused a puddle of primordial chemicals to evolve into self replicating DNA complete with the molecular machines that decode, read and assemble it's instructions simultaneously.

The chemicals didn't form DNA, dumbass. They formed amino acids, the basis of DNA. These chemicals then, over the course of time, gave rise to single-celled organisms. Everything stared simple, not complex. That's your biggest show of ignorance right there.

It's ammazing that this could happen when after over 50 years of trying in laboritories under perfect conditions we have yet to creat more than organic molocules that don't even form coherent information let alone self replicating.

"OMGWTFBBQLOL!! Tehy can 't creeate teh DNA in fufty yeers! Tehy must be LIEING!!!!!"

:Wendywhatever: Come back when you learn how to spell. And after you've read through a few high-school-level biology books, which should give you SOME understanding of the concepts you're babbling about.

I'd also like to know how if time began at the big bang, even if you take into account string theory, how a universe could form by chance when without the passage of time from the outside there can be no causality or chance outside of intelegence and will.

Total non sequiter. The creation of the universe has nothing to do with evolution.

Of course, since you're a Christian who apparently thinks the two are mutually inclusive, I'll say a little bit about it what we know about the universe.

Very little.

We're just an infinitely young race on an infinitely tiny planet cast adrift in an infinitely massive universe. We barely know a thing about our own solar system, and we're just peeking at what's beyond Pluto's orbit.

And if you want to know more about time, ask a physicist. Not a psychiatrist or physician, but a physicist.

Which is along the same lines of saying DNA evolved from chemicals.  You don't have evolution without DNA.

Just shows what you know. Tell me, dear, how old are you? Because you sound like you're barely out of fifth grade.

Chemicals don't store information on their own so for DNA to work you need an instantaneous creation of DNA and it's means of replication constituting no less than billions of bits of information for the functions needed to maintain the most primative single celled organism.

See above.

Takes alot more faith to believe evolution created life than it does to believe God did it.

"I don't understand it, so GOD MUST HAVE DONE IT!!!!!!!!1111!!11!eleven!!!"

Let me just say this: THE SIMPLEST ANSWER IS NOT ALWAYS THE RIGHT ONE. Understand that.

You're a moron. Come back when you've gained an IQ that's higher than that of mayonnaise.

I love when people use evolution for creation theory and call people crazy for believing in the bible.

That's because evolution doesn't have anything about talking snakes, pi equaling 3, or the sun standing still for a whole day. Funny thing, that.

Please fuct, enlighten us all as to just how evolution caused a puddle of primordial chemicals to evolve into self replicating DNA complete with the molecular machines that decode, read and assemble it's instructions simultaneously.

Is it harvest time already? No? So why all the straw men?

So if something can't be readily reproduced, it's not scientific? Okay, then, reproduce intelligent design. Go ahead - it's scientific, isn't it? So you should be able to show me it's possible by doing it yourself, right now.

Can't do it? See why your "argument" is wrong?

Argument from ignorance - THE UNIVERSE IS NOT MADE BY "CHANCE". THERE IS NO "CHANCE" INVOLVED. Just because you can't conceive of the idea that things are the way they are without an outside force, doesn't mean that they aren't that way, or that there is an outside force.

Which is along the same lines of saying DNA evolved from chemicals.  You don't have evolution without DNA.  Chemicals don't store information on their own so for DNA to work you need an instantaneous creation of DNA and it's means of replication constituting no less than billions of bits of information for the functions needed to maintain the most primative single celled organism.  Takes alot more faith to believe evolution created life than it does to believe God did it.

Same old lie, new liar. There is no "faith" involved in evolution. There is only your faith which says that only it is correct.

Then again, when you can't conceive things outside what your masters tell you, I guess you get like that...

Takes alot more faith to believe evolution created life than it does to believe God did it.

We have no evidence that invisible beings with magical powers create people or universes. So therefore we should conclude they do?

Evolution has its flaws and problems, yet not everyone believes in the straight Darwinist answer; just like not every Christian believes in the straight Catholic answer. A process that took billions of years isn't something a scientist is going to catch in a test tube in fifty years, for frag's sake, and that isn't O positive blood or chewy flesh at the altar for each communion either, so there you are. If it were, we'd be screaming cannibalism.

Besides, it's a bit harder to deny evolution, when there's creatures even now changing themselves to adapt to their environments - a snake that can now safely digest toxic newts was just in the paper - and European human beings have physically changed in the last hundred years as they marry into different cultures, have better health care and nutrition, and move their old habitats. Have you ever looked at old sepia photographs? Do you look anything like them? Does anyone? Not particularly. They've changed; they have, to a point, adapted and evolved.

Guest fuct>

Riker, I think you missed the point I was trying to make. I'm trying to emphasize that if a god created us, why make us so weak and fragile? I hate to sound like a broken record but I want to make that clear.

I love when people use evolution for creation theory and call people crazy for believing in the bible.  Please fuct, enlighten us all as to just how evolution caused a puddle of primordial chemicals to evolve into self replicating DNA complete with the molecular machines that decode, read and assemble it's instructions simultaneously.  It's ammazing that this could happen when after over 50 years of trying in laboritories under perfect conditions we have yet to creat more than organic molocules that don't even form coherent information let alone self replicating.

Visit THIS site. Interesting reading.

And the next time I hear that the fact that life has evolved is proof enough for the dismissal of the second law of thermodynamics (universal entropy), I think my head will explode. The refutation of such claims is simple: life systems are like eddy currents fed by the sun. Solar radiation provides the energy needed to decrease the entropy of living systems while still increasing the entropy of the universe.

Riker, I think you missed the point I was trying to make. I'm trying to emphasize that if a god created us, why make us so weak and fragile? I hate to sound like a broken record but I want to make that clear.

Original sin you fucking moron!!!! Godddamn, why do you stupid evolutionists always gotta fucking insult God like that???

Jesus fucking Christ!!!!

Fuck!!

Goddamn you all, and you'll all go to hell!!!

It seems we've been struck by a hit-and-run dumbass.

Guest riker115

Wow I don't even get 24 hours to respond before I'm a hit and run dumbass? you guys are harsh when you lack facts to back up what you say.

I'm still left wondering though. I've read several college level biology books and never found one that can explain how amino acids become a cell. If I am a dumbass please explain why no professor or book can explain how this happens. Amino acids do not evolove! And if they assemble incorectly they don't cary any useful genetic information.

Rag on Christianity all you want, thats a personal belief of mine and I believe the bible for the same reason most of you don't: personal experience.

Science has not yet shown how life can be created so your atheism is still as much of a religeous faith as my Christianity is.

I'll let others handle the scientific aspect of this discussion, as I'm feeling lazy today and going to be leaving soon anyway. But riker115, I'll admit I may have passed judgement too soon. That is not to say your "scientific" arguments hold water- just that I should have given you more time to respond. However, you've shown not just ignorance, but willful ignorance- stupidity. Ignorance is forgivable, stupidity isn't. It's the one thing I hate more than anything. Perhaps I'm judging again too soon, but from what I've read I'm judging accurately this time. As I said before, I'll allow others to poke holes in your already weak "argument" because I'm gone when I'm done typing this, but the only way you can ever become a respected member of these forums is to learn. Choose not to learn and you're choosing to be disrespected.

Science has not yet shown how life can be created so your atheism is still as much of a religeous faith as my Christianity is.

When you see a building in the middle of construction, is it an article of religious faith with you that it will be completed?

"OMGWTFBBQLOL!! Tehy can 't creeate teh DNA in fufty yeers! Tehy must be LIEING!!!!!"

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!

Good one My lady Feline.

:17:

Merlin :magic:

you guys are harsh when you lack facts to back up what you say.

Speaking of lacking facts, here's about where you stand on things, Theory A being creation and Theory B being evolution:

Theory A: No evidence

Conclusion: True

Theory B: Some evidence

Conclusion: False

Even if someone thought the evidence for Theory B was extremely weak, is it rational to conclude Theory A is true? No! The most rational position would be to remain incluclusive until such time as Theory B is either falsified or disproved entirely (perhaps by producing evidence that supports Theory A), or if in the future evidence should be found to support a new theory, Theory C.

There is never any excuse to turn to magic, spirits and spooks for answers just because we don't know something.

Atheism doesn't hinge on science, dumbass. Lack of belief doesn't require any knowledge at all.

Atheological arguments use logical proofs, not science.