Goodbye Jesus

ALLAH

Guest adham

Islam is the complete submission and obedience to Allah (God(.

The name Allah (God) in Islam never refers to Muhammad (pbuh), as many Christians may think; Allah is the personal name of God.

What do Muslims believe about Allah?

1. He is the one God, Who has no partner.

2. Nothing is like Him. He is the Creator, not created, nor a part of His creation.

3. He is All-Powerful, absolutely Just.

4. There is no other entity in the entire universe worthy of worship besides Him.

5. He is First, Last, and Everlasting; He was when nothing was, and will be when nothing else remains.

6. He is the All-Knowing, and All-Merciful,the Supreme, the Sovereign.

7. It is only He Who is capable of granting life to anything.

8. He sent His Messengers (peace be upon them) to guide all of mankind.

9. He sent Muhammad (pbuh) as the last Prophet and Messenger for all mankind.

10. His book is the Holy Qur'an, the only authentic revealed book in the world that has been kept without change.

11. Allah knows what is in our heart

That's very nice Adham. I've study Islam in the past, and am familiar with much of what you are saying.

But if I may ask, are you posting for the sake of evangelizing or was there somewhere you were going w/this?

IMOHO,

:thanks:

PS Welcome to the boards. Keep an open mind and you are sure to meet some great people around here...

Why?

The name Allah (God) in Islam never refers to Muhammad (pbuh), as many Christians may think; Allah is the personal name of God.

I knew that. I known it for a very long time, even when I was Christian.

Unmarried, single, so? Maybe he even is singularity? Then he's without time too. No time, no space, no nothing, nothing to worship.

2. Nothing is like Him. He is the Creator, not created, nor a part of His creation.

The nothing is like the creation, and it doesn't need him to create it.

He doesn't show his absolute just all-power. He let people die awful deaths, in the hands of humans, and some of them are Muslims. If he was absolute just, he wouldn't torture people to death. He's followers show Allah's true nature. Evil and Disastreous.

4. There is no other entity in the entire universe worthy of worship besides Him.

Allah according to your definition earlier was that he is not of this universe. So he can't be an entity in the universe, and hence can't be compared to another entity in the universe. He's not in this universe. You said: "nor a part of His creation", so he's not in part of the creation; he's not in the creation; he's not in the universe!

5. He is First, Last, and Everlasting; He was when nothing was, and will be when nothing else remains.

Speculations.

He doesn't exist.

Nope. He's not capable of anything.

His messengers kills people. That's not a good trait of a guid or messenger. I prefer the ones that talk.

Says you. There never was any prophet from God or Allah or JHWH.

10. His book is the Holy Qur'an, the only authentic revealed book in the world that has been kept without change.

Why are there different translations then?

100693[/snapback]

He still doesn't exist.

Besides what kind of theological discussion are you trying to start here?

What is your question or your thesis?

You want to debate if Allah exists, but not God?

Or that Allah and God are the same, but still only exists in your mind?

Or that each prophet that your God have sent, all contradicted each other, and it shows how confused God really is, or the simple explanation is that he doesn't exist?

I consider your post to be a spam, and I'm sending you warning.

Hi Adham,

Are you Muslim? If so, that's cool. I don't think I've seen any here. You should have an interesting perspective to add to the board.

Welcome.

Having flashbacks.

100698[/snapback]

Think happy thawts...

All forms of Islam? Does this mean that the most moderate Sunni and the most radical Shi'ite would agree with this statement?

You know what most Christians are thinking? How?

However, He created nature as male and femal. Why? If having no partner if perfect, why aren't we all androgynous nueters?

Oh! That explains why we aren't androgynous nueters like Him!

As opposed to what? Please elaborate as to what all powerful means and how it relates to justice.

We know this how? How many other entities in the universe do you know of?

No you're just repeating tired, old rhetoric.

All merciful? Define mercy. Is it not executing the unholy and unjust?

rhetoric

rhetoric

Why the last? Is the world a better place now?

Authentic? How do we know?

yawn! more rhetoric.

So you are saying he is never merciful ?

So it is your understanding that Heaven/Paradise, 72 virgins, rivers of honey, etc., are all temporary rewards and your soul will eventually be no more ?

My head asplode !!

Is this Allah all-merciful or just ? It's hard to be both.

He needed to meet my old cat "Stinky" then.

Sadly, they quite obviously failed. Do you think this Allah will use more stringent hiring standards next time ?

And even he screwed up and had everyone praying toward Jerusalem at first, then changed it to the home of his grandfather's god (Hubal) in the Kabaa in Mecca.

Who'd notice ? Considering it is written with squiggles and dots - it looks as much written by a 7th century epileptic as made up by one.

This fact accounts for the current reading of "virgins" when originally all that was promised is "white rasins".

Oh joy! Now we get to hear from the OTHER lunatic fringe.

Well, adham, ("ham"?, I thought you guys don't eat pork?) I won't bother "welcoming" you, because that would be a lie. I don't welcome religious views, nor preaching. They belong in the sewer with the rest of the feces. However, since this is an open forum, I'll just say, "Take your best shot". I can ignore YOUR foolishness as well as any other. Later.

A muslim dude? For real?

Wow. Now if only we could get adham and daniel alone in a thread and watch em go at it.

:battle:

ps: welcome, adham. You can't be any tougher to deal with than some of the fundamental jesusites we get in here.

ps. ps. You aren't one of those bomb-packing chop-your-head-off muslims, are you?

ps. ps. You aren't one of those bomb-packing chop-your-head-off muslims, are you?

I have a feeling he's one of those, "post a bunch of stuff pasted from another site and never come back to actually discuss anything" types...

A muslim seagull? :shrug:

Adham,

Thanks for rescuing me from my Christianity-caused ignorance. *hug hug hug*

It really blew my mind that Mohammed isn't Allah. Every Christian that I know says that Mohammed claimed to be Allah. The Pope is the first one that comes to mind. In fact, I talked with a few Christians on the bus today and they kept going on and on about how Mohammed claimed to be Allah. They quoted the Malcolm X movie, I think. But I've never seen the movie and you know how those infidels lie.

Anyways. I just realized that I didn't really leave Christianity as much as I took a step towards Islam. I'm just waiting to hear if that virgins thing is real. I hope they won't have a clitoris or anything foul like that. It's not supposed to be THEIR paradise. Am I wrong? Anyways, get back to me about the virgins thing. You can understand my interest. ;)

GiantBear

PS My name is because I like bears. Do you have a favorite animal? What if it's the same animal? Because I totally get that feeling from you. Like I've known you forever and we have SOO much in common!

I have a feeling he's one of those, "post a bunch of stuff pasted from another site and never come back to actually discuss anything" types...

A muslim seagull? :shrug:

101242[/snapback]

When it smells like a spammer, sounds like a spammer, it is a seagull... uuh... spammer.

100693[/snapback]

There is an orifice on your body that looks like a rubber donut and is multi-purpose. One of its purposes is for the safe storage of gods.

Use it.

Careful starting your car tomorrow...

Damnnit Hans..

Just about time I get the high pressure washer all fired off to come clean the seagull leavin's, you go an get all nice and huggy with the seagull.. ;)

Oh well, looks like I'll just go wash off the next pig...

Sheeze..

kL

101400[/snapback]

Ah, I haven't banned him. Only gave him a slap in the face. But next one is yours, N. :grin:

Careful starting your car tomorrow...

101361[/snapback]

Fuck 'em and feed him a fish head!

Besides, I doubt if this "Muslim" will return. Evangelism isn't their forte. I suspect this was a "drive-by" posting. Shit and git!

Adham:

Thank you for stopping by this site, and for expressing your opinions. We are ex-Christians, and there are many differing views here: atheists, Pagans, agnostics, Christians, Unversists, Deists, Buddhists and others.

We stand for the right of every person to believe whatever they want to and practice whatever religion they want to in peace and security, without persecution or...to practice no religion at all if that is what they choose. We do not proselytize, and we find the practice of forcing people to adhere to religious views that they do not subscribe to, as by societal law, to be totally reprehensible. We also find exclusionist claims ("we have the only "true religion"", the "only way to be saved" etc., to be ludicrous, especially in light of textual errancy and incongruity in both the bible and the Qur'an) I will be citing verses from the 'The Holy Qur'an' - Translation and Commentary by A. Yusuf Ali, hard-cover/dual-text, from Saudi Arabia.

There are lots of people who believe in a Universal Higher Power/Intelligence that are not Muslims, Christians or Hebrews. My take is that religion (an external process consisting of tradition, dogma, observances, Esoteric texts, etc.) is only an external framework in which Spirituality (an Internal Process) is supposed to Operate. A person's religion can be whatever they want to be. What is important is the Divine within, and not an endless cacophony of memorizations, rules and home-made "commandments".

ORIGINS OF THE NAME ALLAH

One of my favorite books is by Sufi Mystic and Master Hazrat Inayat Khan (every Muslim should read his excellent books). Khan goes into the origins of the name Allah with this:

...The word Allah, which in Arabic means God, if divided into three parts  may be interpreted as "the One who comes from nothing" EL or Ellah has the same meaning as Allah...
The ancient Hebrews emerged from the Pagan Canaanite population,
Israel emerged peacefully and gradually from within Canaanite society
where EL was the chief Deity of the Pagan Canaanite Pantheon. The ancient Hebrews retained the name of the Pagan Canaanite Deity EL in some of their Mythical writings (EL Shaddai, EL Elyon, ELohim, ImManuEL, etc.). In other words, its origins are..PAGAN.
O ye who believe! Truly the Pagans are unclean;...
The Qur'an doesn't appear to have a very high opinion of Pagans, even though the names Allah and its preceding Hebrew root EL have their origin in.....Paganism. Intolerance of other religious systems is very much in evidence in Saudi Arabia, and Islam in general. Perhaps you would care to offer an explanation for such heinous persecutions.

IS IT PERFECT?

My focus in examining the Qur'an and Islam is on consistency, as it is with Christian claims of "inerrancy". For a list of self-contradiction/incongruity in the Qur'an, one can visit: http://www.answeringislam.org/Quran/Contra/index.html

The above is a Christian site, which is amusing, since the bible also contains much incongruity, self-contradiction and historical impossibility. Of course, imperfect books, even though they may contain wisdom, can not be the "word" of a "perfect" God.

Islam also claims the Myths of the biblical OT and NT "Jesus" of "Nazareth". (who you must demonstrate existed)

2. Nothing is like Him. He is the Creator, not created, nor a part of His creation....

Numerous verses in the Qur'an begin with "'We". In light of your point #1 above, who is "We"? Your point number two above would appear to be incongruous with this:
......God is all-pervading.....
Explain.

WHERE ARE "MOSES" AND "ABRAHAM"?

Neither Moses, nor an enslaved Israel nor the event of this Exodus are recorded in any known ancient records outside the Bible ... Although its climate has preserved the tiniest traces of ancient bedouin encampments and the sparse 5000-year-old villages of mine workers there is not a single trace of Moses or the Israelites.
Ur was Sumerian and had no connection with the people known as the Chaldaeans until a thousand years after any possible date to which Abraham can be attributed.
"Jesus" is also a Myth. There is no extra-biblical historical evidence whatsoever for a god-man named "Jesus", or his alleged "genealogy" (including "Mary"), which means that references to "Jesus" in the Qur'an are also erroneous. There were numerous "Jesuses" operating at that period, any one of which could have been the model for the biblical NT pseudepigraphic constructs. The Noah's ark story is also physically impossible, and is nothing more than a Myth.

WOMEN RELEGATED TO SECOND-CLASS STATUS IN RADICAL ISLAM

In Saudi Arabia, women are not permitted to drive automobiles as fas as I know. In Afghanistan, women were not permitted to hold jobs and were not being educated. The abyssmal treatment of women in Afghanistan by the Taliban and similarly by the MMA in NW Pakistan (where women's faces are even scratched out on billboards by the religionist lunatics) further demonstrates the repressive nature and hypocrisy of Islamic fundamentalism. Women are forced to wear head scarves or burqas, in direct contradiction of this:

Let there be NO COMPULSION in religion...
So just what does Sura 2:256 mean to Muslims? Apparently nothing, as it appears that the prelates pretty much make up their own "commandments". And maybe I was just imagining things when I saw CNN footage of women in burqas being beaten by the beasts known as the Taliban...

WARRING SECTS = ABJECT HYPOCRISY or......'WHO'S GOT THE "RIGHT" DOGMA?'

There are also numerous violent conflicts even between the Shiite and Sunni sects in Islam. And are we to assume that suicide bombings and other horrific murders and acts of hate and violence are the works of "Godly" men? Those are difficult to understand when looking at this:

...There is a mosque whose foundation was laid from the first day on piety; it is more worthy of thy standing forth for prayer therein. In it are men WHO LOVE to be purified, and God loveth those who make themselves pure.
In light of this verse, the hate, violence, brutality, discrimination, repression and persecution of non-Muslims by Islam and its associated govenments are indicative of only one thing...abject hypocrisy. It looks like with all of the hate in radical Islam, and the hate and fear-mongering that is taught to young children in some of the radicalized madrasas, that not a whole lot of people are actually "purified", as per the text. In other words, people talk about how Islam is a religion of Peace, but instead we see what I mentioned above. Talk and spewing "scripture" is mighty cheap, isn't it?

A QUESTION THAT DEMANDS AN ANSWER

Muslims have the same problems Christians have. If "Gabriel" were to deliver the "word of God", would it not be to ALL the people on earth? Could there not have been others in the western hemisphere chosen as prophets to have the same text "revealed" to them in their own languages? Would not all people in the world have had the same books when they finally discovered each other? Shouldn't it have been very easy for "Gabriel" or other members of the supposedly numerous "angelic heavenly host" to pop in anywhere in the world and deliver the "word", especially considering the near physical impossibility of ancients in crossing the vast oceans, etc.? First you have Judaism, when the first 1,000 years of biblical history as stated in the pentateuch and beyond has no emprical foundation whatsoever, then you have Christianity supposedly replacing that with unsupportable NT pseudepigraphy and absurd literalizations of Pagan Esotericism, and then one has Islam, supposedly replacing both of them, and citing the same historically and archaeologically unsupportable literalized Myths and texts. It doesn't make sense.

THE CURSE OF FUNDAMENTALISM

Fundamentalists (of any persuasion) generally have either no concept of or no regard for the Esoteric teachings in the Qur'an or the Bible, being more interested in dogma, legalism, guilt and control-mongering. To the rabid fundie, the externalities of religion and dogma (with possibly some custom "interpretations" or home-made "commmandments" thrown in for good measure) take precident over Inner Growth and Spirituality in Attaining their own Divinity, which is the MOST IMPORTANT THING that every religious leader has the responsibility to help his or her assembly with. In the case of the loveless, domineering fundies, the poor sheeple of course obey, because they don't want to be ostracized and/or "go to "hell""(also possible are physical abuse, or worse). The brutal sectarian killings and violence between fundamentalist religionists "in the name of god" demonstrates they are less than animals, and what they have is completely useless.

Fundamentalism is a societal cancer which destroys humanity. It adherants live in the abyssmal bondage of legalistic medieval superstition and barbarism, turning whole societies and nations into a nightmarish existence of fear, conflicts, misery and stagnation. "Hell" is the total absence of love, nothing more.

Sites worth visiting:

http://www.faithfreedom.org/(very strong and excellent anti-extremist site including ex-Muslims)

http://www.freemuslims.org/ (practicing Muslims, but very strongly against violence and terrorism)

http://www.jihadwatch.org/ (monitors Muslim radical fundamentalist insanity and extremism)

http://www.theocracywatch.org/ (monitors Christian radical fundamentalist insanity and extremism)

Your devotion to the Divine within; and in regards to your conceptual framework (religion) is respected and unquestioned. However, exclusionist claims of "the only true religion", "the only way to be saved", etc., are extraordinary, and thus demand extraordinary and.....perfect proofs. I'll definitely pass on both Islam and Christianity, thank you. The Pagan position is based in Nature. The Pagan rede will suffice for me: "Do what thou wilt and harm none". Love, Light and Life are the Law, under Will. The Pagan has no other law than this.

Salam,

K

Karl..

Damn buds, you haven't been on here a lot recently.. But when ya do arrive, it is with a full suit of good stuff.. ;)

Thanks man!

kL

where EL was the chief Deity of the Pagan Canaanite Pantheon. The ancient Hebrews retained the name of the Pagan Canaanite Deity EL in some of their Mythical writings (EL Shaddai, EL Elyon, ELohim, ImManuEL, etc.). In other words, its origins are..PAGAN.

Oy vey.

The word אל ("el") is a generic title that can be used as a personal name, but usually isn't one. To say that it was taken from a "pagan" religion is silly, as the language predates the religion. The word and its forms (such as "Elohiym") don't always refer to "Gods", but can also refer to other figures of authority - angels, judges, etc.

The same can be said of the word בעל ("ba'al") - a word that simply means "master". It isn't a name, per se. For example, the founder of the Hasidic movement is called the בעל שם טוב ("ba'al shem tov"/master of a good name). See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal for other information.

This looks like the work of a sniper. I'm moving this to the Lion's Den.

Adham,

Thanks for rescuing me from my Christianity-caused ignorance.  *hug hug hug*

It really blew my mind that Mohammed isn't Allah. Every Christian that I know says that Mohammed claimed to be Allah. The Pope is the first one that comes to mind. In fact, I talked with a few Christians on the bus today and they kept going on and on about how Mohammed claimed to be Allah. They quoted the Malcolm X movie, I think. But I've never seen the movie and you know how those infidels lie.

Anyways. I just realized that I didn't really leave Christianity as much as I took a step towards Islam. I'm just waiting to hear if that virgins thing is real. I hope they won't have a clitoris or anything foul like that. It's not supposed to be THEIR paradise. Am I wrong? Anyways, get back to me about the virgins thing. You can understand my interest. ;)

GiantBear

PS My name is because I like bears. Do you have a favorite animal? What if it's the same animal? Because I totally get that feeling from you. Like I've known you forever and we have SOO much in common!

:funny: