Goodbye Jesus

ALLAH

Guest adham

Islam is the complete submission and obedience to Allah (God(.

The name Allah (God) in Islam never refers to Muhammad (pbuh), as many Christians may think; Allah is the personal name of God.

What do Muslims believe about Allah?

1. He is the one God, Who has no partner.

2. Nothing is like Him. He is the Creator, not created, nor a part of His creation.

3. He is All-Powerful, absolutely Just.

4. There is no other entity in the entire universe worthy of worship besides Him.

5. He is First, Last, and Everlasting; He was when nothing was, and will be when nothing else remains.

6. He is the All-Knowing, and All-Merciful,the Supreme, the Sovereign.

7. It is only He Who is capable of granting life to anything.

8. He sent His Messengers (peace be upon them) to guide all of mankind.

9. He sent Muhammad (pbuh) as the last Prophet and Messenger for all mankind.

10. His book is the Holy Qur'an, the only authentic revealed book in the world that has been kept without change.

11. Allah knows what is in our heart

100693[/snapback]

It all sounds so nice put in such simple form like this. Unfortunately, it's not possible for me to stop thinking at this alone. It causes questions, and problems, and conflicts, like many Muslim intellectuals themselves have pointed out historically - tragically, at great peril to their own lives. I can't submit my thinking to someone else's reading of an ancient book. There are too many readings, each claiming to be true. Welcome to the club of religious thinking. Unfortunately, your way of thinking is not unique and more often than not, stifles progress. Where are those once great days of Islamic intellectualism? Would they be allowed to live again! I embrace freedom over control.