Goodbye Jesus

Was Jesus happy with his life?

Poonis

Christians,

102015[/snapback]

How can that be answered from hacked together hagiographies?

Christians,

102015[/snapback]

Don't know. Was David Koresh happy?

Christians,

102015[/snapback]

No. Entirely not possible because he was a 100% verifiable myth. We have absoulte proof of this!

(Just taunting Ramesees to come out and slap us around a bit again :grin: )

How about this. What if Jesus existed and really thought that he was the messiah - but not pansy spiritual-war kind, but a muster-an-army-and-resist-the Romans kind. That's why he had the disciples carry swords (Luke 22:36, John 18:10). So, when he got killed, that must have brought some unhappiness to the plan. Maybe he was really Yehuda of Galilee, who's story got twisted around to some other purpose.

If Jesus did exist (despite the irrefutable proof of his non-existence that is all over the place, such as the ancient photo of a cross --- with no one on it!), he could very well have been happy all the time. This is not at all uncommon with delusional lunatics.

If Jesus did exist (despite the irrefutable proof of his non-existence that is all over the place, such as the ancient photo of a cross --- with no one on it!), he could very well have been happy all the time.  This is not at all uncommon with delusional lunatics.

104153[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. Why debate over the feelings of a mythical figure. I'd rather talk about whether or not Achilles or Gandalf was happy if we're going to debate mythical figures.

Well, up to that whole run in with the Romans.

105630[/snapback]

:HaHa:

Yeah, that's enough to ruin anybody's day.

Merlin

Well, up to that whole run in with the Romans.

105630[/snapback]

When Cap'n Christ was on the cross, I can't imagine he was happy. But, maybe he was still happy knowing he would save the souls of only those who believe he did?

If he actually existed, and really was the son of God, then he would have been very happy. He was with the Father since the dawn of time (whenever that was???) and he knew he would be with him for all eternity. But knowing that he had a cross in my future would suck.

I dunno - he always came across as frustrated and sad. He didn't seem to be especially happy. Even resurrecting Lazarus didn't seem to give him much joy. :shrug:

Christians,

102015[/snapback]

Because He did the will of God.

"Because He did the will of God"?

That's recipe for unhappiness if I ever saw one.

How could he not be happy???

He grandfather and grandmother were wealthy and lived in Nazareth :grin:

His father was a carpenter (good job at the time)

His mother had an immaculate conception :phew:

He had a birthday party with gifts as soon as he was born :lmao:

He had a live audience to teach to everywhere he went

He could perform miracles :thanks:

105959[/snapback]

Why is he known as the "man of sorrows", then?

Perhaps doing the will of God isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Guest Jesus H. Christ
Christians,

102015[/snapback]

105959[/snapback]

Look Daniel, do not speak for me. You are just like Paul, making crap up, pulling stuff out your ass and saying it is/was my thoughts. Let me tell you something Daniel, it was not the will of god what happened to me. I was trying to share some more rational concepts like "pray in private" and "live and let live". It was people like you Daniel, that created this "conception" in your mind of what you hoped or thought I was. It was deluded people like you, who claimed I was there to be a king. It was people like you Daniel, with your bullshit superstitions, that resulted in me being branded a potential rebel and being crucified by the Romans. So Daniel, shut your mouth, you are talking out of your ass anyways. I officially state her and now "Daniel does not speak for me, Paul did not speak for me, Christianity in general does not speak for me". Go read a science book and learn something.

Your pal,

Jesus ben Joseph ben Yahweh

I officially state her and now "Daniel does not speak for me, Paul did not speak for me, Christianity in general does not speak for me". Go read a science book and learn something.

106052[/snapback]

Welcome back Jesus! I knew if you came back you'd set the record straight! I knew if I just stayed true to myself I would find the path, are here you are! Thanks. Way cool! Let's party! :grin::beer:

Christians,

102015[/snapback]

105959[/snapback]

Thank you.

1. What is the 'will of God'?

2. What methodology may I use to determine your answer to #1 is true?

3. how does doing the 'will of God' make one happy?

105959[/snapback]

Why is he known as the "man of sorrows", then?

Perhaps doing the will of God isn't all it's cracked up to be.

106009[/snapback]

Exactly. Christians love to claim Isaiah 53 was all about Jesus. If true, then Jesus WAS a "man of sorrow". So, Daniel, you still trying to push the "I only believe in the Bible and not what mere men say" crap?? Or are you just making this up?

Joy is felt by the inner perseption of progress

if Jesus believed that he was making progres, then he was happy

if he believed that he was doing God's will, and believed that was a worthy goal, then he was happy

Joy is almost irrelevent to actual progress. :thanks:

He may have been happy for a while when he was banging Mary Magdaline and having all those people following him around hanging on his every word.

Joy is felt by the inner perseption of progress

if Jesus believed that he was making progres, then he was happy

if he believed that he was doing God's will, and believed that was a worthy goal, then he was happy

Joy is almost irrelevent to actual progress.    :thanks:

106961[/snapback]

So... IF Jesus believed he was doing God's will and IF he believed it was a worthy goal and IF he believed he was making progress, then he was happy...

With the shit he supposedly went through at the end, I'd be surprised if he thought he was making ANY progress at all. (or that he was doing God's will, since he thought God had forsaken him)

Guess we can logically conclude that Jesus wasn't happy with his life...

• 4 weeks later...

So... IF Jesus believed he was doing God's will and IF he believed it was a worthy goal and IF he believed he was making progress, then he was happy...

With the shit he supposedly went through at the end, I'd be surprised if he thought he was making ANY progress at all. (or that he was doing God's will, since he thought God had forsaken him)

Hellooooo Crazy Tiger! :)

Do you think that enlightenment can be equated to joy? :huh:

How about having insights to attain peace within,

no matter what is going on in the environment?

Could the ability to attain the most pure amount of joy be...

of course, only done without giving up one's principles

on which true peace and joy can be based? :scratch:

Hellooooo Crazy Tiger! :)

Do you think that enlightenment can be equated to joy? :huh:

How about having insights to attain peace within,

no matter what is going on in the environment?

Could the ability to attain the most pure amount of joy be...

of course, only done without giving up one's principles

on which true peace and joy can be based? :scratch:

Happiness and joy are two different things. If Jesus really existed, and was a regular sort of human (aside from being the Divine Emperor of all Eternity in skin clothes), then he would have had days of happy, and days of not so happy, just like everyone else. Joy is different and is experientially independent of circumstances. It is an existential experience.