hell

church life

whorship

the process of praying

speaking in tounges

restrictions on your sex life

financial contribution to church

christian carrer opportunities

What are the best elements in the Christian package? What do you like most? Please explain.

I guess we can assume that there isn't jack-shit that christians like about their faith. Kinda like having a wart. It just grows on ya, and it's tough to get rid of.

I guess we can assume that there isn't jack-shit that christians like about their faith.  Kinda like having a wart.  It just grows on ya, and it's tough to get rid of.

102995[/snapback]

You must be right.

It's gotta be all the super kickass christian music and movies. Christian music always attracts the very best musicians. It's edgy and cool, and the lyrics are always so deep and meaningful. All songs should be about Jesus, don't you think. As for movies....The Passion = BEST MOVIE EVER! I rest my case.

What I like is that the calendar lets me know when I'm gonna be invited for an nice meal or party.

Don't only have to depend on birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, weddings and funerals. I know I have a great turkey (and MORE) dinner waiting at least in March/April, late November and TWICE in late December.

Then there's baptisms, communions, confirmations, not to mention sweet 16 parties. Woo hoo

It's gotta be all the super kickass christian music and movies. Christian music always attracts the very best musicians. It's edgy and cool, and the lyrics are always so deep and meaningful. All songs should be about Jesus, don't you think. As for movies....The Passion = BEST MOVIE EVER! I rest my case.

I have never in my life felt such a strong desire to slap the shit out of someone after reading one of their posts as I do you at this very moment. :mellow:

:lmao:

103014[/snapback]

:HaHa:

Then there's baptisms, communions, confirmations, not to mention sweet 16 parties.  Woo hoo

103471[/snapback]

The problem with communion is, that there is never enough bred and wine for a real party. And also, that many churches jeopardize the ritual, by serving grape juice insted of the real stuff.

:grin:

One does not get much in return for all the tithings and offerings.

:ugh:

Don't forget LoTR and Narnia. They were loosely based off the Christian mythos, after all.

What do you like about you faith, what is the best about it all? Do you like

eternal life

answers to prayers

guidance from the bible

having a creator

the love of Jesus

judgment day

hell

church life

whorship

the process of praying

speaking in tounges

restrictions on your sex life

financial contribution to church

christian carrer opportunities

What are the best elements in the Christian package? What do you like most? Please explain.

102060[/snapback]

You forgot to mention the most important one for some strange reason...

TRUTH!

Well see, Paul, darlin' TRUTH can't be the best part of having FAITH. Because truth and faith are not compatible. If you know something is true, you have no faith.

You can't have it both ways.

Well see, Paul, darlin' TRUTH can't be the best part of having FAITH.  Because truth and faith are not compatible.  If you know something is true, you have no faith.

You can't have it both ways.

105093[/snapback]

Say what? Faith in the Truth (or in the Truth-Giver) is certainly legit.

Paul, when something is true then it can be known and proven. You don't need to have "faith" in something that is true.

The question was, "what do you like most about your faith?"

Saying that you like truth the most (in regards to faith) is illogical.

Paul, when something is true then it can be known and proven.  You don't need to have "faith" in something that is true.

105105[/snapback]

Not at all. Christ was real. Christ is Truth. My faith is in Him as a Person (Truth) not the "abstract" faith you caricature.

Not at all. Christ was real. Christ is Truth. My faith is in Him as a Person (Truth) not the "abstract"  faith you caricature.

Prove it.

Not at all. Christ was real. Christ is Truth. My faith is in Him as a Person (Truth) not the "abstract"  faith you caricature.

Prove it.

105110[/snapback]

Continue closing your eyes to History. Or believe in your preferred slants, anyway.

Continue closing your eyes to History. Or believe in your preferred slants, anyway.

Ah. So you're saying you have nothing to offer as proof? And yet you feel completely comfortable with arrogantly declaring that you have THE TRUTH?

How typical.

Paul, when something is true then it can be known and proven.  You don't need to have "faith" in something that is true.

105105[/snapback]

Not at all. Christ was real. Christ is Truth. My faith is in Him as a Person (Truth) not the "abstract" faith you caricature.

105107[/snapback]

Muhammhed was real. Joseph Smith was real. David Koresh was real. Your Jesus guy is not such a sure thing. And even if he was a real person, so what, not any more worthy of worship thatn the Hal-bop comet guys.

105117[/snapback]

Please - PLEASE let us in on exactly what history you are referring to.

Chrisitianity is not true. A true look at history reveals this.

And even if he was a real person, so what, not any more worthy of worship thatn the Hal-bop comet guys.

105142[/snapback]

post-389-1131680724_thumb.jpg

105117[/snapback]

Please - PLEASE let us in on exactly what history you are referring to.

Chrisitianity is not true. A true look at history reveals this.

105153[/snapback]

Well there you go, Cerise. How can I possibly answer you now? Case closed. Thanks, Mythra, for clearing things up so nicely.

JUST KIDDING

Ah. So you're saying you have nothing to offer as proof? And yet you feel completely comfortable with arrogantly declaring that you have THE TRUTH?

How typical.

105119[/snapback]

Cerise, I offered the historical evidence for Jesus as one area of proof. Are you saying you can discount this with a wave of Mythra's hand?

105105[/snapback]

105107[/snapback]

You mean the same Christ that failed to fulfill most of the Messianic prophecies?

Cerise, I offered the historical evidence for Jesus as one area of proof. Are you saying you can discount this with a wave of Mythra's hand?

105470[/snapback]

What proof did you offer? There is NO historical proof of Jesus. And it a close, unbiased study of the history of the church and bible that disproved it all for me. You want a religion with any real historical backing, convert to Islam (though I don't believe it either!!)

105470[/snapback]

What proof did you offer? There is NO historical proof of Jesus. And it a close, unbiased study of the history of the church and bible that disproved it all for me. You want a religion with any real historical backing, convert to Islam (though I don't believe it either!!)

105692[/snapback]

Just like there is no actual NT. Just like there is no race of Jews. No David. No Prophets. No Israel. No Jerusalem. No actual manuscript evidence for the text we have today. All fabrication so that one day somebody named Bluesman can come by and say it's all untrue.