Goodbye Jesus

Christians on Ex-Christian.net

Mike D

I'm sure there are many many "deconverted" CHristophiles, which was how he phrased the Q. CHristophiles, yes. Understanding he really meant folks like myself, I laughed.

You aren't a Christophile? You don't love Christ? :scratch:

I'm sure there are many many "deconverted" CHristophiles, which was how he phrased the Q. CHristophiles, yes. Understanding he really meant folks like myself, I laughed.

You aren't a Christophile? You don't love Christ? :scratch:

105103[/snapback]

That's right. I am no Christophile. It's a sarcastic and slanderous term for Christians, which I am. Christophile is a thing of your own invention and use. It means nothing to me.

Do I love Christ? Absolutely. As a Christian.

That's right. I am no Christophile. It's a sarcastic and slanderous term for Christians, which I am. Christophile is a thing of your own invention and use. It means nothing to me.

How is it slanderous? Phile = love, Christos = Christ, Chrisophile = lover of christ.

As I recall, in the early history of the Church, the term "Christian" was once a derogatory reference also. It referred to "little christs".

How is it slanderous? Phile = love, Christos = Christ, Chrisophile = lover of christ.

105108[/snapback]

Then use the term Christian. Are you telling me "Christophile" is not intended as a term of derision? Call us Christians, thank you very much.

As soon as you stop referring to us as sinners, we'll stop referring to you as Christophiles. Which is more derogatory, do you think?

As soon as you stop referring to us as sinners, we'll stop referring to you as Christophiles.  Which is more derogatory, do you think?

105114[/snapback]

There's no foul in using Biblical terminology. It call us all sinners. I agree and call people sinners. And yes, "sinners" is intended to be derogatory.

There's no foul in using Biblical terminology. It call us all sinners. I agree and call people sinners. And yes, "sinners" is intended to be derogatory.

There's no foul in using the word Christophile to describe you then, is there? Except that you would prefer us not to.

For all the time you guys spend on this site, have you been able to get even 1 person to PM you and bring them back to Christianity?  And be honest, no Lying for Jesus  :nono:

102212[/snapback]

I wonder if the reverse is true, if any Christophiles have been dragged back to the realm of reason and rationality by spending time here.

103492[/snapback]

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

105081[/snapback]

So i'll take this to mean that during your stay thus far here at exchristian.net the Lord has not blessed you enough to bring any of us lost sheep back into the fold? :scratch:

Christians were a derogatory term foisted upon Mithra believers.

Christian means Little Annointed Ones.

Christian means Know It All's

There's no foul in using the word Christophile to describe you then, is there? Except that you would prefer us not to.

105120[/snapback]

Except that the Bible does not refer to us as " 'ophiles".

And still, are you claiming there is no intended derision by the use of Christophiles?

And still, are you claiming there is no intended derision by the use of Christophiles?

105474[/snapback]

Is there derision intended if you call someone who loves the opposite sex a hetrophile?

Is there derision intended if you call someone who loves the same sex a homophile?

Are you someone who simply believes that Christ was the Son of God (a Christian) or are you someone who loves Christ? (a Christophile)

Are you making the mistake of assuming that the use of "-phile" on the end of the word has an unavoidable connection to something bad due to it's use in words like Paedophile?

Would you assume there was any derision intended if I said that someone was a bibliophile?

how about a Nailphile?

105505[/snapback]

Would that be someone sexual attracted to nails or

someone sexually attracted to someone doing nails?

Though that's more likely to be a manicuriphile.

how about a Nailphile?

105505[/snapback]

Would that be someone sexual attracted to nails or

someone sexually attracted to someone doing nails?

Though that's more likely to be a manicuriphile.

105506[/snapback]

Um... how about someone in love with the crucifiCtion?

:crucified:

105474[/snapback]

Is there derision intended if you call someone who loves the opposite sex a hetrophile?

Is there derision intended if you call someone who loves the same sex a homophile?

Are you someone who simply believes that Christ was the Son of God (a Christian) or are you someone who loves Christ? (a Christophile)

Are you making the mistake of assuming that the use of "-phile" on the end of the word has an unavoidable connection to something bad due to it's use in words like Paedophile?

Would you assume there was any derision intended if I said that someone was a bibliophile?

105497[/snapback]

We're not talking about sexual preferences.

You cannot redefine "Christian" by segmenting and isolating certain features to your liking.

I am taking issue with the fact that the term "Christophile" was used and that a meaning was implied. Why could he not have just said "Christian"? Because he intended it as a slam.

"Bibliophile" is a proper term used for bibliophiles with no added emotion. The same can not be said when exchanging the accepted term "Christian" for "Christophile".

105497[/snapback]

We're not talking about sexual preferences.

You cannot redefine "Christian" by segmenting and isolating certain features to your liking.

I am taking issue with the fact that the term "Christophile" was used and that a meaning was implied. Why could he not have just said "Christian"? Because he intended it as a slam.

"Bibliophile" is a proper term used for bibliophiles with no added emotion. The same can not be said when exchanging the accepted term "Christian" for "Christophile".

105833[/snapback]

Did I say anything about sexual preferences? I said LOVE...

If I love someone of the opposite gender, I am a Hetrophile. If I love someone of the same gender, I am a Homophile.

Notice how I say love, as opposed to sexual preference.

Someone who loves Christ, which is NOT the meaning of the word "Christian", would fit the description of Christophile. (A Christian being "One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus")

-phile = One that loves or has a strong affinity or preference for, Loving; having a strong affinity or preference for.

A Christ-lover is not the same as a Christian... However, that does not make it a term of derision.

The use of the word "Christophile" denotes someone as a Lover of Christ, as opposed to a Follower of Christ. That is the only meaning... anything else is just your own interpretation. Are you a mind reader? Then how do you "know" what was intended?

Bibliophile is a proper term WITH added emotion, it is denoting someone who LOVES books... Christophile is a term for those who LOVE Christ.

Christian and Christophile are NOT interchangable, as they have different meanings...

Simple question... what is wrong with being termed as a Lover of Christ?