Goodbye Jesus

Christianity?

Guest acorn

:scratch:

Hmmmm. Unconditional love.

A very nice ideal, but unfortunately that's all it is. One cannot truly love without getting something in return. Very true between all us flawed humans. As for BibleGod?

Love me or burn?

That sure as hell falls far from the very definition of unconditional! Sounds closer to obsession.

How many girlfriends and wives have heard something terrifyingly similar over the years?

Love me or else:

1. I'll kill you

2. I'll kill myself

3. I'll kill the kids

A Supreme Being suffering from obsession is not Supreme and certainly doesn't deserve love.

Well, I suppose it's possible "God" isn't so perfect. But then, that cannot be GOD by definition.

One theme rings true throughout history.

All the stories (myths, legends what have you) depict the gods with human flaws. It even carries over to the Bible. And don't hand out that whoe God made us in his image deal, and then turn around and state that God is Perfect. It doesn't wash. You cannot have it both ways.

Either your worshipping God (who if he truly IS does not require our worship in order to feel good and happy. Nor would he "punish" or "praise" his creations either), or you're worshipping something else.

I'm not pandering to the semi-divine seceretary religion has created.

Hmmmm. Unconditional love.

A very nice ideal, but unfortunately that's all it is. One cannot truly love without getting something in return. Very true between all us flawed humans. As for BibleGod?

Love me or burn?

That sure as hell falls far from the very definition of unconditional! Sounds closer to obsession.

How many girlfriends and wives have heard something terrifyingly similar over the years?

Love me or else:

1. I'll kill you

2. I'll kill myself

3. I'll kill the kids

A Supreme Being suffering from obsession is not Supreme and certainly doesn't deserve love.

Well, I suppose it's possible "God" isn't so perfect. But then, that cannot be GOD by definition.

One theme rings true throughout history.

All the stories (myths, legends what have you) depict the gods with human flaws. It even carries over to the Bible. And don't hand out that whoe God made us in his image deal, and then turn around and state that God is Perfect. It doesn't wash. You cannot have it both ways.

Either your worshipping God (who if he truly IS does not require our worship in order to feel good and happy. Nor would he "punish" or "praise" his creations either), or you're worshipping something else.

I'm not pandering to the semi-divine seceretary religion has created.

You, my friend, seriously kick ass there.

Ragnarok?  They just be thinking it's the apocalypse.

In a way, it is.

Of course, Fundies United will be confused when no jeezuz-from-the-sky appears to rapture them. :fdevil:

No, if I remember correctly all the Gods end up dying. I love to be there when Odin cleaves the Judeao-Xian God through it's skull.

Some of the High Gods will survive, as will a human pair... to watch over / repopulate the new world which will rise, respectively. So the Voluspa tells, at least.

If you ask who of the Gods will live on, I'd have to look it up in the Edda. ;)

Guest acorn
Acorn, what is your proof that Jesus existed? And do you believe in the Trinity and that Jesus and God are one and the same?

And to know where you are speaking from specifically, what is your denomination?

(not being sarcastic here at all, just desiring a discussion)  :grin:

My proof is in the living word of God, whether it be from the King Jmes versions, Greek, jewish, niv whichever.

I am a follower of Jesus Christ and I attend a very Bible believeing church of God.

I do plan to start a journey, that will lead to the Talking of all churches any that believe in Jesus. Christians must stand up and declare the word of the Lord, for the harvest is coming and there is a harvester.

My proof is in the living word of God, whether it be from the King Jmes versions, Greek, jewish, niv whichever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a follower of Jesus Christ and I attend a very Bible believeing church of God.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do plan to start a journey, that will lead to the Talking of all churches any that believe in Jesus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christians must stand up and declare the word of the Lord, for the harvest is coming and there is a harvester.

Since when is hearsay considered proof? And why should we accept it as such.

In what sense is this book, in whatever translation, living? Does it eat? Shit? Fuck? Or is this just another devoid of meaning Christian slogan?

Why do you go to a church that practices Idolatry? Believing in a thing other than God is Idolatry you know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is English your first language? If so, would you mind typing in intelligible sentences, for us ignorant infidels?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why should we care? Isn't this something that you should be ranting on Christian sites? Are you expecting us to stand up an declare?

Christians must stand up and declare the word of the Lord, for the harvest is coming and there is a harvester.

suddenly the phrase 'don't fear the reaper' popped into my head...

bdp

I do plan to start a journey, that will lead to the Talking of all churches any that believe in Jesus. Christians must stand up and declare the word of the Lord, for the harvest is coming and there is a harvester.

Acorn,

Proof cannot come from a book....your book is supposed to be your guide..it is not living. It was written by men. The bible itself is not God.

I would like to see you come up with some other sort of proof that Jesus existed....anything. A book written by mere men centuries after the fact is not viable proof at all. The book says Jesus existed...give me other proof than that.

I understand you are a follower of Jesus because you say you're a Christian. And all churches believe in the bible....I was wondering specifically what denomination you are attending.

What harvest? This is what christians feed you with...this same old cliqued phrases....people have been talking of a harvest for a long, long, long time...many generations. Do you believe the end of the world is coming in your lifetime?

You didn't answer my post about testing your resources.

I believe people get involved in cults becuase they are lacking something in thier life at that time..therefore, they are drawn towards groups such as these that make outrageous promises. There are many cults besides christianity as well.

Do you understand that just becuase you believe it to be true does not make it true?

Have you ever believed anything in your life and been wrong?

This same mindset applies here as well.

When I was young, I believed in santa with all my being...but no matter how much conviction I had at those young ages, that didn't make it true......

I would like to see you come up with some other sort of proof that Jesus existed....anything. A book written by mere men centuries after the fact is not viable proof at all. The book says Jesus existed...give me other proof than that.

That being said, If Jesus really was God, as Xtins claim, and God really came to earth, why didn't he write a book himself to put in the God inspired bible? :Doh:

All these second hand accounts of Christ, If Christ was here, and was God, why didn't he write anything with his own hand? :shrug:

Am I to believe God is illiterate? :ugh:

Are we talking about the book telling fairy tales about talking donkeys and snakes, about unicorns and dragons, and about the flat earth resting on pillars with the dome-shaped firmament above it? :fdevil:

And in your own words (no scripture please), what do you percieve as these conditions?

Don't forget, what you are asking is not possible for most Christians. They've had this Dogma so repetitively drilled into their brains, and you know real questions are discouraged or given the run-around so it sounds like an answer has been given.

This encourages a placid cow-in-the-field blase sort of mental stagnation. Asking a Christian to explain their position on religion using their own words and not using scripture causes the neurons to fuse and their eyes glaze over when they actually try to THINK of a logical way to explain the ridiculous.

Sometimes (often) they just can't do it, and instead end up "quoting scripture" with some of the words changed so it sounds like a real expression of a new idea (at least it sounds that way to them).

Or they do make a real effort and what comes out winds up sounding even more daffy than the book they pray to.

Oh yeah, I went there, ya'll are prayin' to a BOOK. Your perspective on God is entirely based on the depictions and impressions given to you by the interpretations of a BOOK.

Hey! If we work at it, 2000 years from now Harry Potter could be considered God!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Hi Acorn,

Your posts sound like the words of others or "Groupspeak", not your own rational beliefs. I'm sure your posts to us will enhance your status with your Xtian buddies, but not much else. It's nice to feel validated right!

Think without the dogma and the quotes from the bible. How come you claim such superior knowledge to some of us who have dedicated much of our former lives to it? Is it really worth the effort?

Good luck with it anyway.

Dave

A christian is someone who considers them selves to be a christian.

And I love your avatar Zoe. Adorable! Did you make it yourself?