Goodbye Jesus

Proof That There is NO "God"!

Checkmate

It’s very simple to prove, really.

There are thousands of religions, correct? And most of them believe in “God”, right? But they all believe something different, right?

Well, IF there was a “God” at the helm, speaking to these people, don’t you think that he’d give CLEAR cut instructions and have all these people believing and preaching the SAME things? (One universal “God,” one universal faith?)

Why would “God” leave his “word” in the hands of silly men to be mangled and confused with personal “revelations”, ink and paper? (Wouldn’t unchanging words written on the face of the moon, by “God”, capable of being read by ALL, be a more certain proof?)

Why would a “good God” make believing in “him” so impossible that many rational people would find believing in “him” to be mentally deficient? (Why “faith” instead of “proof”?)

If there was a “God”, don’t you think that “he/she/it” would have done/would do a better job of communicating his/her/its Truth™ to his/her/its creations?

Especially if knowing this “God’s will” was paramount to our current and future survival?

The pronounced failure in this regard is absolute PROOF that there is NO “GOD”!

There is only man’s insecurities and imagination and creative powers of mass persuasion. (Hell. Man still hasn’t quantified or qualified what IS “god”!)

So until “God” shows “his” “face”, and gives us the “straight skinny” then all this debating is pointless.

Everyone may now cease this incessant and infernal tail chasing. It’s a fucking waste of time and it’s embarrassing.

Move along, humans. There’s nothing more to see here.

Maybe god does not care if you worship it or not

Maybe god sees no reason too prove it self or give some rulebook to the world

If there is a god who created us then we created how we were supposed to be so a rulebook and a religion are pointless.

If god really cared about these things then god would tell you.

Since god did not then it does not matter.

If there were a god im, sure it would have better things to do then watch little planet earth in the big ass universe making sure we follow some religion.

I don’t know who or what god is but I don’t think its human its probably the universe and everything in it

All religions are just a guessing game and if theirs a creator it does not want too play in it.

Gawd works in mysterious wayz!

I agree with Willybilly. There might be a Divine force (or a gazillion of them) who simply isn't interested in us and our silly little planet and thus sees no reason to mess with us. Obviously, many people will disagree with that... but still, it's a possibility. ;)

DEISM - the belief in a "god" or "Supreme Being" or "First Cause". A totally harmless and personal belief. Classification: BENIGN.

THEISM - the belief in a "God" that created ALL, and is very ACTIVE in the affairs of man. This "God" speaks to certain men, gives instructions for living, and will punish the "wicked", while rewarding the "good". Failure to believe in THIS "God" is punishable by death and "hell." A totally dangerous and hateful belief. Classification: MALIGNANT.

All you DEISTS may now stand down. I'm not asking YOU to prove "god". I understand your take on things.

I want to hear from the THEISTS out there, who believe in bible-god and Allah. The megalomaniacal monster, who craves worship and blind faith. Theists say that "HE" is "out there". And I say, PROVE IT! And while you're at it, prove "which one?"

Guest mewacked

There are thousands of religions, correct?  And most of them believe in “God”, right?  But they all believe something different, right?

Well, IF there was a “God” at the helm, speaking to these people, don’t you think that he’d give CLEAR cut instructions and have all these people believing and preaching the SAME things? (One universal “God,” one universal faith?) 

Why would “God” leave his “word” in the hands of silly men to be mangled and confused with personal “revelations”, ink and paper?  (Wouldn’t unchanging words written on the face of the moon, by “God”, capable of being read by ALL, be a more certain proof?) 

Why would a “good God” make believing in “him” so impossible that many rational people would find believing in “him” to be mentally deficient?  (Why “faith” instead of “proof”?)

If there was a “God”, don’t you think that “he/she/it” would have done/would do a better job of communicating his/her/its Truth™ to his/her/its creations? 

Especially if knowing this “God’s will” was paramount to our current and future survival?

There is only man’s insecurities and imagination and creative powers of mass persuasion.  (Hell.  Man still hasn’t quantified or qualified what IS “god”!)

So until “God” shows “his” “face”, and gives us the “straight skinny” then all this debating is pointless.

Everyone may now cease this incessant and infernal tail chasing.  It’s a fucking waste of time and it’s embarrassing.

Move along, humans.  There’s nothing more to see here.

105787[/snapback]

well if there is no god as you say so, then why all fuss?? by your own arguement, don't get mad, turn and let that person die in their ignorance. however how can all relgions be right, someone has to be wrong in the long run. what if your wrong, maybe the evidence is there and you are just looking for it.

persuade me that you position is correct! use all information with referrences and i would be glad to discuss this with you in a healthy manner.

well if there is no god as you say so, then why all fuss??  by your own arguement, don't get mad, turn and let that person die in their ignorance.  however how can all relgions be right, someone has to be wrong in the long run.  what if your wrong, maybe the evidence is there and you are just looking for it.

persuade me that you position is correct!  use all information with referrences and i would be glad to discuss this with you in a healthy manner.

106248[/snapback]

mewacked, there is no "fuss". I set forward a premise, complete with a logical conclusion. If you can refute it, do so. Otherwise, shut up and go away, and allow someone with intelligence to give it a try.

If you want a "discussion" in a "healthy manner", then you'd better leave the Lion's Den and get yourself over into the Colosseum or the Arena, and find yourself a new playmate. Someone who is willing to humor you. Friend Asimov is looking for a debate partner. Try him.

I don't "discuss" religion. I just piss on it whenever I get a full bladder. Toodles!

1) well if there is no god as you say so, then why all fuss??  by your own arguement, don't get mad, turn and let that person die in their ignorance.  however how can all relgions be right, someone has to be wrong in the long run.  what if your wrong, maybe the evidence is there and you are just looking for it.

2) persuade me that you position is correct!  use all information with referrences and i would be glad to discuss this with you in a healthy manner.

106248[/snapback]

1) Why the fuss? Because idiots like you who want to force us all to conform your beliefs won't leave us alone! Get the god-damned fundies outta government, keep superstitious rubes from empowering them, and you can worship a box of fucking CocoPuffs for all I care.

Otherwise, we could wind up with death camps for gays, heretics, and registered Democrats. It's not like it hasn't happened before with you guys...

2) Ok. Show me god and I'll believe you. Pray an angel down and bring him to my house for tea. Find me a talking snake, or bring a dead guy back to life, and I'll believe it.

What's that? God doesn't appear on command? Angels won't do your bidding? Can't part the Red Sea? Then I call bullshit. :nono:

There's my proof. Where's yours?

Otherwise, we could wind up with death camps for gays, heretics, and registered Democrats. It's not like it hasn't happened before with you guys...

106283[/snapback]

Sieg Heil!

flag204.jpg

This is a good proof against any type of intelligent deity, but it doesn't exclude a life-force sort of thing like the Tao or a Jedi-like Force. If there is anything divine, it clearly doesn't have anything to do with our day to day lives like the so-called Judeo-Christian god.

DEISM - the belief in a "god" or "Supreme Being" or "First Cause".  A totally harmless and personal belief.  Classification: BENIGN.

THEISM - the belief in a "God" that created ALL, and is very ACTIVE in the affairs of man.  This "God" speaks to certain men, gives instructions for living, and will punish the "wicked", while rewarding the "good".  Failure to believe in THIS "God" is punishable by death and "hell."  A totally dangerous and hateful belief.  Classification: MALIGNANT.

106145[/snapback]

You left out panentheism, which is similar to deism but not exactly the same.

Zvi the Fiddler

105787[/snapback]

Greetings Mister Grinch,

Your "proof it" statements are not new. And, if one is cheeky, all the questions can be deliciously answered... simply with "only God knows". But allow me to put in my 2 cents' worth... even more questions, some quite silly (with apologies to God of course).

There are thousands of religions, correct? And most of them believe in “God”, right? But they all believe something different, right?

And if all the different thousands of Gods are the same one? Hmmm.. not possible? Some Gods wish to eliminate others and be the one God, right? Let's just hang around and see...

And why should He? Maybe He wants to train us? Or humble us? Since we so love to question every thing, not to mention do things according to our own will. Or He wishes to give different strokes (eeek!) to different folks?

Why would “God” leave his “word” in the hands of silly men to be mangled and confused with personal “revelations”, ink and paper? (Wouldn’t unchanging words written on the face of the moon, by “God”, capable of being read by ALL, be a more certain proof?)

We humans get bored so quickly, the lessons would be better remembered if we do a little homework? Or He wants us to "show up" these silly men for twisting His words?

Why would a “good God” make believing in “him” so impossible that many rational people would find believing in “him” to be mentally deficient? (Why “faith” instead of “proof”?)

If you have faith, He will show you proof. So, rational people will find it impossible whereas irrational people... kidding. I honestly believe you can only begin to believe when some miraculous event happens to you ~ not just by chance, or that coincidence crap, but truly un-explainable stuff. Until then, just hang loose, and test and question every thing I guess.

He has. But some still do not wish to be communicated to... so how? We are mere humans. Have you done a good job of communicating? And yet nobody listens to you? Errrr... like now? Same thing.

Yes, amen to that.

Yes, if you say so ~ absolute, irrefutable PROOF.

There is only man’s insecurities and imagination and creative powers of mass persuasion. (Hell. Man still hasn’t quantified or qualified what IS “god”!)

Perhaps, Man can never define, qualify or quantify God... ever. While others just knows He is relating to them. And others dis-believe. It does not really matter. However, most Christians are hell-bent on persuading every non-believer to convert. Why is that?

It's not pointless. It allows us to explore all the possibilities of defining the impossible.

Everyone may now cease this incessant and infernal tail chasing. It’s a fucking waste of time and it’s embarrassing.

It's only embarassing... to you?

Move along, humans. There’s nothing more to see here.

:woohoo: stay, stay...

If there is anything divine, it clearly doesn't have anything to do with our day to day lives like the so-called Judeo-Christian god.

OK for you. But it does with my day to day life.

If there is anything divine, it clearly doesn't have anything to do with our day to day lives like the so-called Judeo-Christian god.

But why are you so special then, pug? Why does your god clearly play favourites? Does that sound like a just and righteous being to you?

pug, with all due respect, your "answers" did nothing but validate what I've said.

You claim that "your" god shows himself to YOU and to those who have "faith".

Well...what the hell is THAT? It's not "fair", nor universal. Just personal. YOUR "god" plays favorites. Giving to some "faith, while withholding it from others. And for what? To "teach a lesson"? That sounds stupid to me.

You continue to paint a picture of some hide-and-seek "god", playing games with everyone's lives, knowing that eternal damnation is the prize for those who "lose".

What kind of nonsense is THAT?

Sorry. But if your explanation is supposed to comfort me, you've failed. Any "god" I would worship had better make more sense than the looney that YOU worship.

Prove it. Please stop making fantastic claims with no evidence. If you make a fantastic claim that an imaginary man in the sky does interfere with your life on a daily basis, then you need to have proof for it for other people to believe you. Otherwise, I'm going to write you off as just another deluded fundy.

Prove it. Please stop making fantastic claims with no evidence. If you make a fantastic claim that an imaginary man in the sky does interfere with your life on a daily basis, then you need to have proof for it for other people to believe you. Otherwise, I'm going to write you off as just another deluded fundy.

I cannot prove it. It is not a fantastic claim. It's just a "personal" claim. My fellow christians also make such claims that such and such has happened to them. Oh, the usual stuff, in the nick of time, God provided or helped them. Small things.

Errr... you do not have to believe me. Feel free to write me off. But I'm not deluded or a fundy. Just plain vanilla struggling Christian.

I cannot prove it. It is not a fantastic claim. It's just a "personal" claim. My fellow christians also make such claims that such and such has happened to them. Oh, the usual stuff, in the nick of time, God provided or helped them. Small things.

Errr... you do not have to believe me. Feel free to write me off. But I'm not deluded or a fundy. Just plain vanilla struggling Christian.

Don't forget Mormons, Catholic, JW, Muslims are also out there making similar claims ;)

pug, with all due respect, your "answers" did nothing but validate what I've said.

You claim that "your" god shows himself to YOU and to those who have "faith".

Well...what the hell is THAT? It's not "fair", nor universal. Just personal. YOUR "god" plays favorites. Giving to some "faith, while withholding it from others. And for what? To "teach a lesson"? That sounds stupid to me.

You continue to paint a picture of some hide-and-seek "god", playing games with everyone's lives, knowing that eternal damnation is the prize for those who "lose".

What kind of nonsense is THAT?

Sorry. But if your explanation is supposed to comfort me, you've failed. Any "god" I would worship had better make more sense than the looney that YOU worship.

Now who's deluded? I'm not trying to comfort you Mr. Grinch. AND how can my answers validate your points? Prove it ~ aaah kidding. No proof needed. It's your belief.

Fair? Ummm, apologies... not available to believer or un-believer. The only thing fair about it ~ life's unfair! We both have to suffer the accursed hum drum random life. And it does not mean cos i'm a xtian i suffer less. The only so-called advantage is that i have a crutch... and talk to Him (or is it myself? hee hee).

As for playing favourites... hmmm dunno, i heard He gives different ppl different gifts. But even then we should not be too arrogant about our gifts. Faith, hope, love ... those are the important stuff. Spreading da Word should be good too. But, alas, in the end it's not even works that will save me, it's His Grace. Now is that fair? Nahhhh... right?

You think learning from a lesson is stupid? You think He withholds faith? I don't think so dude. Just call to Him and He'll answer. Be still.

But if it does not make sense to your mind... never mind. Another time then. :wicked::thanks:

Word should be good too. But, alas, in the end it's not even works that will save me, it's His Grace.

The bible contradicts the doctrine of sola fide

Doing Good Works Can't Get You Anywhere With God

Even the New Testament states that people will be judged according to their works.

Works are performance based actions and they do play a part in gaining the favor of God.

Paul's version of justification also contradicts Jesus who gave clear instructions concerning the importance of keeping God's law.

Matt 5:19-20(Jesus speaking)

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments(the laws of God), and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.......

Rev 20:12-13

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works

In a strict sense Christianity is performance based as it requires belief in a human sacrifice to "save" you.

You must perform the act of confessing Jesus your Lord as part of the salvation ritual.

If belief in Jesus really saves you, then you must take an affirmative action(i.e. perform the required act) to be saved.

According to Christianity, failure to perform the required work of belief results in damnation(Mark 16:16).

Further scriptural evidence that good works get you somewhere with God is clearly expressed in the following:

James 2:24

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

If James 2:24 is accurate, works play a critical role in justifying a man in God's eyes. Faith alone doesn't do it.

The Christian claim that good works don't get you anywhere with God is also not in agreement with what Jesus taught to his disciples.

Matt 16:27(Jesus speaking)

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Rev 22:12

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

But why are you so special then, pug? Why does your god clearly play favourites? Does that sound like a just and righteous being to you?

Halllohhh Cerise, I am not special at all. But i do agree He is a little eccentric isn't He? Or maybe He has a better plan (ah that word again). God is God. Just and righteous? Maybe when the game is over then we do a post mortem (ooops... we'll be dead then eh?).

Wow, you are asking me to judge God?

pritishd,

Ah hah, that's it then... i stand corrected. Let's leave it to my jealous God then. Works; no works; works + grace; grace alone. He's my lamp, let Him light my path. If He changes His mind half way, let Him tell me then. Leave it all to Him (me, total wimp cop-out).

pritishd,

Ah hah, that's it then... i stand corrected. Let's leave it to my jealous God then. Works; no works; works + grace; grace alone. He's my lamp, let Him light my path. If He changes His mind half way, let Him tell me then. Leave it all to Him (me, total wimp cop-out).

Well pug, if you feel comfortable worshipping something that could possibly be unjust and sadistic, I guess that's your business. Personally, I couldn't stomach such a thing. :shrug:

...I'm not deluded...

You are a Christian. Ergo, you are well and truly deluded.

Case closed.

..TOTALLY agree

..although for quite the opposite reasons :grin: