Goodbye Jesus

Proof That There is NO "God"!

Checkmate

...I'm not deluded...

You are a Christian. Ergo, you are well and truly deluded.

Case closed.

Yeah. You are not a Christian so not deluded at all. Congratulations Fly.

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly.

You have deluded yourself into thinking that the Babble is more than just a mere fairy tale, and that the voices in your head are truly the Unholy Spook whispering evil little nothings into your ear. I, on the other hand, stopped believing in fairy tales and listening to the voices in my head long ago - hence, I am not deluded. You would be well served to do the same.

And what do you hope to accomplish with this sarcastic sentence?

And please, at least refrain from your usual "me? Sarcastic? oooh of course I am, you are always right, yep, me christian wrong, you atheist right". I'd like to hear some reasoning, not sarcasm. The way you use your sarcasm, it's like a shield to avoid spitting out some real comments to what we say and do.

If you have faith, He will show you proof. So, rational people will find it impossible whereas irrational people... kidding. I honestly believe you can only begin to believe when some miraculous event happens to you ~ not just by chance, or that coincidence crap, but truly un-explainable stuff. Until then, just hang loose, and test and question every thing I guess.

Sigh.... Pug, Pug, Pug... If you have faith, proof is redundant. If you take god on faith, then you end up taking the proof on faith as well. I mean, what if we do have faith, and the proof never comes? If we stop having faith, the bargain being unfulfilled, you xians can just make the excuse of our faith being false. If we keep faith anyway, then we've been successfully conned. But all this is hypothetical, because how can you put full faith in something you're so suspicious about?

Moving on, are you saying people are meant to be skeptics until god comes along and "wows" them? There are people who die atheists, you know. Did god simply not want them?

May I make a suggestion as to how there can be at least one god-type being and yet confusion reigns?

Whether or not I may, I will: I propose that God (or something in the diety class of being), is at best a prankster if not an out-and-out asshole. If you think about it, watching billions of people scramble and try to figure out what something is when deliberate misinformation or insufficient information is given...man, that has to be priceless.'

I'm Just suggesting...

and that's why they say "God is not the author of confusion"

But what do they mean by "God can't be mocked" ? If God can't be mocked, then what's the problem? Say what you want, he CAN'T be mocked. end of story

It’s very simple to prove, really.

There are thousands of religions, correct? And most of them believe in “God”, right? But they all believe something different, right?

Well, IF there was a “God” at the helm, speaking to these people, don’t you think that he’d give CLEAR cut instructions and have all these people believing and preaching the SAME things? (One universal “God,” one universal faith?)

Why would “God” leave his “word” in the hands of silly men to be mangled and confused with personal “revelations”, ink and paper? (Wouldn’t unchanging words written on the face of the moon, by “God”, capable of being read by ALL, be a more certain proof?)

Why would a “good God” make believing in “him” so impossible that many rational people would find believing in “him” to be mentally deficient? (Why “faith” instead of “proof”?)

If there was a “God”, don’t you think that “he/she/it” would have done/would do a better job of communicating his/her/its Truth™ to his/her/its creations?

Especially if knowing this “God’s will” was paramount to our current and future survival?

The pronounced failure in this regard is absolute PROOF that there is NO “GOD”!

There is only man’s insecurities and imagination and creative powers of mass persuasion. (Hell. Man still hasn’t quantified or qualified what IS “god”!)

So until “God” shows “his” “face”, and gives us the “straight skinny” then all this debating is pointless.

Everyone may now cease this incessant and infernal tail chasing. It’s a fucking waste of time and it’s embarrassing.

Move along, humans. There’s nothing more to see here.

Not a bad defense for strong atheism bro! I like it. Keep up the good work.

Great observation btw.

you're a true atheist and a strong one at that.

I usually focus on all the destructive events and diseases in the world as proof for no God. The way I see it, if he or she or it is out there in the cosmos somewhere, what the hell is he doing? Nothing. If that's the case, why have a God at all right?

as for moving on is concerned. We must not stop debating this issue until every theist and fundamentalist become non-believers and atheists once again.

In short, keep fighting the good fight for reason and rational thought my friend.

IF there was God, then what happened 2000 years ago would not have happened. If God, there's no WAY Paul could have hijacked Christianity and made it Paulianity.

If there's a Satan, then I say Paul was talking to the SAME one that Jesus dealt with high up on the mountain that they could see the ENTIRE world AT once.

Satan deceived Paul and Christianity was born.

Guest TrippingTheAlarm

Honesty, I think everyone here is fighting a losing battle. Nothing can really be proven either way. My personal opinion is that man created religion to help him fill a void in his life, and explain the things that he can't. I can't prove this, it's just the way I think. All I really know is, you guys can come up with all the witty anecdotes you can think of, but nothing will truely be proven. Arguing is futile. I think you should agree to the fact that no 2 people's religious beliefs are exactly alike, and that is a beautiful thing. Fuck it, and get on with your lives! :grin:

Honesty, I think everyone here is fighting a losing battle. Nothing can really be proven either way. My personal opinion is that man created religion to help him fill a void in his life, and explain the things that he can't. I can't prove this, it's just the way I think. All I really know is, you guys can come up with all the witty anecdotes you can think of, but nothing will truely be proven. Arguing is futile. I think you should agree to the fact that no 2 people's religious beliefs are exactly alike, and that is a beautiful thing. Fuck it, and get on with your lives! :grin:

Says the person who took time out of their busy day to "get of with his/her life" by scolding the rest of us for having a forum for talking about religion. :loser:

Fuck "it"? Oh no no. Fuck you. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

If you have faith, He will show you proof. So, rational people will find it impossible whereas irrational people... kidding. I honestly believe you can only begin to believe when some miraculous event happens to you ~ not just by chance, or that coincidence crap, but truly un-explainable stuff. Until then, just hang loose, and test and question every thing I guess.

Sigh.... Pug, Pug, Pug... If you have faith, proof is redundant. If you take god on faith, then you end up taking the proof on faith as well. I mean, what if we do have faith, and the proof never comes? If we stop having faith, the bargain being unfulfilled, you xians can just make the excuse of our faith being false. If we keep faith anyway, then we've been successfully conned. But all this is hypothetical, because how can you put full faith in something you're so suspicious about?

Moving on, are you saying people are meant to be skeptics until god comes along and "wows" them? There are people who die atheists, you know. Did god simply not want them?

Nihil, i do know my faith needs no proof. Because, fortunately for me, some sort of "proof" came. I really admire those who believe without any personal proof. Whether your faith is false or true, only you will know, nobody except God can/will let you know. It's all a mystery or paradox or you can call it another excuse. I just wanna share my experience that's all.

Hey, God has wowed me and i still test and question Him. So, maybe i will die as a believer but unsaved and go straight to Hell? Did God not want me too?

I am saying believe in Him. Test Him, but not as a skeptic. Is that possible? Is that a paradox too?

if god wanted everyone to be christian why dont he wow everyone here so they will believe?

also why would god create people he knows will later not believe in him and will go to hell?

you say believe and test him but not as a skeptic? well i been a skeptic about everything all my life god shouldnt have made me a skeptic if i am not supposed to test him as a skeptic.

And what do you hope to accomplish with this sarcastic sentence?

And please, at least refrain from your usual "me? Sarcastic? oooh of course I am, you are always right, yep, me christian wrong, you atheist right". I'd like to hear some reasoning, not sarcasm. The way you use your sarcasm, it's like a shield to avoid spitting out some real comments to what we say and do.

Really, if you wish to take it as sarcasm... it's up to you. Not christian wrong (or right). Neither atheist right (or wrong). Different points of view.

Pur-lease what reasoning do you need? Proof that God is real. Show Him to you? Personally I can't.

Personally He has shown Himself to me. Different experiences. You don't have to believe me nor I you. Agreed?

well pug just ignore my post then why dont you?

if your just going to ignore people why bother being here.

your ignoring me cause you know im making points you cant answer

:lmao:

if god wanted everyone to be christian why dont he wow everyone here so they will believe?

Hey Billy, woo hoo... you asking me? God wishes every body to be Christian... but by when? I don't know. Nobody does. Most of my Christian pals keep on telling me it'll be the rapture soon. Duhhh.. ok, but how sure is any one? I can safely bet them guys predict da same thing at the beginning of World War 2 or WW1. You would if you were inside Katrina country or in the middle of a tsunami. I really don't know why He doesn't wow every one here or for that matter any one out there. I was wow-ed like very late in life. I'm over 40 yrs old... errr even older than that actually when He chose to shock me with His presence.

also why would god create people he knows will later not believe in him and will go to hell?

You've heard all the reasons. If you are a believer, you will say... ya dah, ya dah and so... If you're not ~ no big deal. So no need to sweat it.

you say believe and test him but not as a skeptic? well i been a skeptic about everything all my life god shouldnt have made me a skeptic if i am not supposed to test him as a skeptic.

Firstly, are you sure God made you a skeptic? He can't because you don't even believe there's a God. As for me I challenged Him and He showed me. Then several more times. Perhaps to make me believe? Then when He's sure He's got me He'll withdraw every miracle to see if i back-slide. To test me back. Ummm, i really don't know. He just chooses randomly? Or He chooses sad, incorrigible skeptics like me. God is God.

i think their is a god but no religion. im glad you answered me most christians wont for some reason.

i think if god wants everyone to be christian god should appear and tell everyone. if god told everyone what religion to be their wouldnt be so much confusion. thats why i dont belive in religion god has never personally said to be a certain religion. not to me anyways

Hey Billy, woo hoo... you asking me? God wishes every body to be Christian... but by when? I don't know. Nobody does. Most of my Christian pals keep on telling me it'll be the rapture soon. Duhhh.. ok, but how sure is any one? I can safely bet them guys predict da same thing at the beginning of World War 2 or WW1. You would if you were inside Katrina country or in the middle of a tsunami. I really don't know why He doesn't wow every one here or for that matter any one out there. I was wow-ed like very late in life. I'm over 40 yrs old... errr even older than that actually when He chose to shock me with His presence.

You've heard all the reasons. If you are a believer, you will say... ya dah, ya dah and so... If you're not ~ no big deal. So no need to sweat it.

Firstly, are you sure God made you a skeptic? He can't because you don't even believe there's a God. As for me I challenged Him and He showed me. Then several more times. Perhaps to make me believe? Then when He's sure He's got me He'll withdraw every miracle to see if i back-slide. To test me back. Ummm, i really don't know. He just chooses randomly? Or He chooses sad, incorrigible skeptics like me. God is God.

I think Voltaire summed up religion without God quite nicely.

God wishes every body to be Christian...

You should pick up "Almost Human" Willy.

God thinks all blacks are obsolete farm equipment.

God thinks the Jews killed his son and must be punished.

God thinks the white man is Satan.

God! They know what God thinks.

God thinks we should all convert to Judaism.

God thinks we must all be Christian and

God thinks we should all embrace Islam.

God thinks the only true religion is Hinduism, and I,

I know what God thinks...

God thinks you're a waste of flesh.

God prefers an atheist.

God thinks all people like you are hateful.

God thinks all people like you are an embarassment to Creation.

Self-righteous, judgmental, first to throw the stone.

Using His name for your own protection.

God thinks the sun revolves around the Earth.

God thinks there was something very wrong with Copernicus.

God thinks abortion is murder and

God thinks everything that science gave us is wrong.

God thinks women deserve it.

God thinks AIDS is a form of punishment.

I hate people who blame the Devil for their own shortcomings and

I hate people who only thank God when things go right, and I,

God thinks you're an idiot.

God prefers a heretic.

Using His name for your own agenda.

God is a liberal. God is a Democrat.

God thinks you should vote Republican.

Never trust a man who puts his words in the mouth of God

and claims it's absolute truth!

It's lies and it smells like death.

All in a day's work taking money from the poor.

Why do you think that God

would need your dirty money if He wanted to fight a Holy War?

Using His name, for your own protection.

God thinks puppies need to die and

God thinks babies need to drown 'cause

God is neither good nor bad.

God is you and me.

God is everything.

im confused. what is his point?

im guessing he is saying no one knows what god thinks and people just imagine they do.

I think Voltaire summed up religion without God quite nicely.

You should pick up "Almost Human" Willy.

God thinks all blacks are obsolete farm equipment.

God thinks the Jews killed his son and must be punished.

God thinks the white man is Satan.

God! They know what God thinks.

God thinks we should all convert to Judaism.

God thinks we must all be Christian and

God thinks we should all embrace Islam.

God thinks the only true religion is Hinduism, and I,

God thinks you're a waste of flesh.

God prefers an atheist.

Using His name for your own protection.

God thinks the sun revolves around the Earth.

God thinks there was something very wrong with Copernicus.

God thinks abortion is murder and

God thinks everything that science gave us is wrong.

God thinks women deserve it.

God thinks AIDS is a form of punishment.

I hate people who blame the Devil for their own shortcomings and

I hate people who only thank God when things go right, and I,

God thinks you're an idiot.

God prefers a heretic.

Using His name for your own agenda.

God is a liberal. God is a Democrat.

God thinks you should vote Republican.

Never trust a man who puts his words in the mouth of God

and claims it's absolute truth!

It's lies and it smells like death.

All in a day's work taking money from the poor.

Why do you think that God

would need your dirty money if He wanted to fight a Holy War?

Using His name, for your own protection.

God thinks puppies need to die and

God thinks babies need to drown 'cause

God is neither good nor bad.

God is you and me.

God is everything.

Ver' good!

star.jpg

Yes, that is exactly the response I was going for.

:loser:

God Rules!!!

Zeus and the Invisible Blue Unicorn most certainly do!