Goodbye Jesus

Deconversion Survey

currentchristian

Hi, everyone!

I am reading some of your posts here at the forum and I'd love to have you participate in an online survey I'm conducting of former Christians who are now agnostic / atheist. If you'd be so kind and so inclined, it's here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KHD69T5.

I'm writing a master's thesis on the topic and appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you for your consideration. My best to you.

Rodney Wilson (Missouri)

BTW, is there any way to get that godawful "Authentic Christian Believer" and yellow cross off my profile? It's like having a bumper sticker on your car, something I'd never do, either. Do they have an "open-minded, open-hearted, big-tent kind of guy who thinks God loves authentic atheists much more than inauthentic Christians" logo? I prefer that one. yellow.gif

• Like 4

I've split this off to a separate topic for those who are interested in participating in this survey about why we left the Christian faith. I'm going to fill this out myself as they are valid questions that I feel are good to answer. Hopefully it will aid in an understanding why Christianity is failing.

BTW, is there any way to get that godawful "Authentic Christian Believer" and yellow cross off my profile? It's like having a bumper sticker on your car, something I'd never do, either. Do they have an "open-minded, open-hearted, big-tent kind of guy who thinks God loves authentic atheists much more than inauthentic Christians" logo? I prefer that one. yellow.gif

It actually was what was taken from a Christian site they use for themselves. ;) I hear you on it being not reflective of how you would choose to express yourself. It's the only one we have that we use.

Guest Valk0010

I like you already.

PM one of the mods and ask if becoming a silver patron will change it; that is if it's really worth something to you.

Of course you could always wait till you become an ex-Christian. You know it's going to happen someday. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 1

I took the survey, but I'm always suspicious of Christians bearing surveys. Can anyone say "pretext?"

I like you already.

Ditto.

I just finished taking it.

So did I...although I did get a little ranty with some of those text boxes...

I took the survey, but I'm always suspicious of Christians bearing surveys. Can anyone say "pretext?"

I took it too. I liked this one. I found it to be much more balanced that the typical Christian survey. My Church has anonymous surveys that always include income and the amount you tithe. I leave those questions blank and I suspect they heavily weigh the results by them.

I too liked the questions. In the question what you advise a church now, I essentially said they should quit being married to beliefs and pretending to have answers about science and society, instead of being about spirituality. That they could start by being humble and acknowledging the value of other fields of knowledge and discovery. It's a tall order, but if they hope to survive as an institution it's their only salvation, IMHO.

I took it too.

I just did it, but I did not find the questions particularly relevant to my own deconversion experience and reasons for it, so I left my name and email address.

I filled it out. Those were well written questions, nice job.

Must one identify as an atheist or agnostic to take it? I'm neither, but an ex-christian.

I took it as well and thought that these were very well written questions.

I completed the survey as well, CC...I agree with the others, nice questions and thoughtful survey.

I can certainly concurr with your feelings about the "christian label" on the site.

It would have bothered me just as much or more when I was a christian as it does you...

funny, though, it doesn't seem to bother me now...

CC,

Would you consider requiring each community college student become an active member of Ex-christian.net before receiving course credit for the subject you teach?

Took the survey, and I'm not giving it back. :)

Took the survey, and I'm not giving it back. smile.png

You broke the survey with your answers. Now they have to restore from tape. ;)

You broke the survey with your answers. Now they have to restore from tape. wink.png

Oh damn it! Not again!

My fingers are cursed. Don't let me touch another computer system.

CC, good to see you and hope you've been well!

The "Authentic Christian Believer" is the new squid. For you, I filled out the survey.

You broke the survey with your answers. Now they have to restore from tape. wink.png

Oh damn it! Not again!

My fingers are cursed. Don't let me touch another computer system.

Oh, so THAT'S what happened a few weeks back! wink.png

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KHD69T5.

I'm writing a master's thesis on the topic and appreciate any help you can offer.

Rodney Wilson (Missouri)

Can you append your ethics approval?