Goodbye Jesus

"god's Writing My Love Story" - And Christian Relationships

nerdasaurus

Hard to be secure in a relationship when getting dumped comes as, "god told me........" It is also hard to open up to anyone when you know you are constantly being judged. There is a ton of insecurity among christian singles.

My dad said an ex-gf of his said that to him once. I replied" In my experience, people who say they really want to do the action they just don't want the responsibility"

Completely agree with you guys.

I broke up with 4 girls (short relationships) before I met my wife. The first girl of these girlfriends (in highschool) told me she didn't care about God, and I broke up with her. I regret that now. I broke up with the rest because I could see we weren't going to work real well together, and I was actually man enough to tell them that.

The last girl I dated before I met my wife broke up with me because she didn't feel right with God about it. What a crock.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Agreed, Marmot. But as with everything else, God's will by wild coincidence matches in lock-step with the person thinking he knows it.

Edit for grammar, eek!

The last girl I dated before I met my wife broke up with me because she didn't feel right with God about it. What a crock.

I know many single women who, with every relationship (or even a single date) they say, "I just don't have peace about it". I usually reply, "The 'peace' thing is French for 'I don't know this person well enough yet to make a decision' and can also be translated as 'I have yet to explore the nature of our incompatibilities'". This is met by silence. Well, enjoy being single.