Goodbye Jesus

Should we try to destroy people's faith?

Guest Jedweber

BTW, FID is fine...FirstInTheDance is a mouthful. :grin:

Group: New Member

Member No.: 887

Any Gods?: Scientific Pantheist

what? thats like... 16 days, you registered and never posted?

107591[/snapback]

Sometimes it takes people a while to break in. Maybe they were just browsing for a while & didn't come back for a while. Plenty of reasonable explanations for something like this. No biggie.

Thanks, Eponymic. Yeah, Isak. I registered then because there was something (forget what, now) that I wanted to reply to at the time, but I got interrupted and didn't have a chance to make the post. Later it didn't seem as important, so I let it go and went back into "lurk" mode.

And THIS is why I am an anti-theist.  While it may seem wise, even magnanimous, to "live and let live" on an INDIVIDUAL basis, we cannot ignore the FACT that an entire LEGION of deluded people are affecting and controlling how "reality" is viewed and lived.

Is it right to "destroy someone's faith"?  Wrong question.  We should be asking:

Should we allow someone's personal faith to dictate and dominate how the rest of us live?

107578[/snapback]

Damn good point Grinch.

I back you up 111% on this one baby.

Thanks, Eponymic.  Yeah, Isak.  I registered then because there was something (forget what, now) that I wanted to reply to at the time, but I got interrupted and didn't have a chance to make the post.  Later it didn't seem as important, so I let it go and went back into "lurk" mode.

108049[/snapback]

No problemo brudda.

Good to see you around now.

:)

Group: New Member

Member No.: 887

Any Gods?: Scientific Pantheist

what? thats like... 16 days, you registered and never posted?

Oh my Big Brother. Let everything that has breath praise him!

I'm one of the toughest on board in telling someone just what you thinks. Not long ago there was a guy that said that he lied about his doubts, not going to church or deconversion thing on a party of a friend of him. It's not that I abhor a good lie at the appropriate time, but I wouldn't do such a thing. I would just say: "No I don't believe in god and I don't want to talk about it now. We're on a party!"

If I consider someone as very stupid I don't want to talk about it. I just say: "Read my webpage, if you do that I want to talk about it." And that most often reveals that they lack interest in what myself moves. They find "no time" to read it. In that way I don't hear anything about this from them again.

I mean, if you make certain things public, and they even don't bother to read that things, what does that show? That shows that they only have you as evangelizing target, not as friend of whom they want to know things on a deeper level.