Goodbye Jesus

Do the Children rot in Hell?

Guest No. XIII

Guest No. XIII

Something that has always bugged me as a Christian was the age of accountability. Are you saved and then lose it when you learn common sense. If so then why not kill off the next generation of babies and ensure that no one goes to hell? Many Christians beleive in an age of accountability because it makes them feel better, (after all, how could a mother go on knowing that her baby is being consumed by the eternal flames of Hell). I would like to know what a Christian's opinion is on the matter.

Here's an informative link: http://members.aol.com/twarren13/account.html

I've read that article by Tony Warren. Very interesting. The so-called Age of Accountability doctrine is obviously the product of christians being horrified at the thought of babies in hell. They find a doctrine to fit their consciences; however, when a Universalist christian finds doctrine fit their belief that no one goes to (or stays in) hell, your average fundegelical xtian blows a gasket.

I've heard preachers say the AoA is "around 12", others say when you turn 20!!! (so I guess kids can have their rebellious teen years without fear). But, there is no mention of an age of accountability in the bible. In fact, it says the sins of the father will be visited on coming generations. Like you said, it's just made up by Christians so they can feel better. And yeah, why are Christians so against abortion if it means saving the child from hell? Wouldn't the right thing be getting an abortion in that case?

The thing is with the age of accountability, as with quite a few other things that I found when in the Christian religion, is that it really isn't in the Bible. Jesus, or his followers, don't find it important to address these important questions, as well as what happens to individuals who are unable, cognitively, to have a belief in Jesus? The closest thing I ever found on this topic was somewhere, I think in John, where the author says everyone has an inherent knowledge of God in some form. Christians will try to explain that this is why EVERYONE is accountable to God to believe in him because everyone has had the chance to know him or reject him...boy is that one up for interpretation. Somehow the churches teach things like the age of accountability as stuff that is from the Bible, but really it comes from their own made up doctrine, made to subdue the masses.

This is the thing that always bothered me about these types of questions:

If the Scripture is God's word, then wouldn't things have been stated more clearly? If God is omniscient, then wouldn't he know what kind of questions we would have and then answer them plain and simply so that there would be no need for confusion?

Something that has always bugged me as a Christian was the age of accountability. Are you saved and then lose it when you learn common sense. If so then why not kill off the next generation of babies and ensure that no one goes to hell? Many Christians beleive in an age of accountability because it makes them feel better, (after all, how could a mother go on knowing that her baby is being consumed by the eternal flames of Hell). I would like to know what a Christian's opinion is on the matter.

According to the Bible, we are all born into sin thanks to Adam and Eve. That is why the Catholic church baptizes newborns. I am not aware of any scriptural justification for an age of accountability.

This is the image of Dante's vision of hell. There are levels of hell based on the sins you have committed. If you are simply unbaptized or a virtuous pagan (aka non christian) then hell won't be so bad. It is how hell had been imagined for centuries.

MoserMap.jpeg

I put this here because some people justify an age of accountability as 20 because that is when "value" started but that is wrong because it starts at one month of age.

Leviticus 27:3

set the value of a male between the ages of twenty and sixty at fifty shekels of silver, according to the sanctuary shekel ;

Leviticus 27:4

and if it is a female, set her value at thirty shekels.

Leviticus 27:5

If it is a person between the ages of five and twenty, set the value of a male at twenty shekels and of a female at ten shekels.

Leviticus 27:6

If it is a person between one month and five years, set the value of a male at five shekels of silver and that of a female at three shekels of silver.

Leviticus 27:7

If it is a person sixty years old or more, set the value of a male at fifteen shekels and of a female at ten shekels.

Hmmmm. Wonder how they got an age of accountability from those verses? The verse say nothing about an age when a person could die and go straight to heaven. What about the sin we all are supposedly born in? How does Jesus sacrifice cover babies but suddenly when the clock striked midnight and you turn (let's say) 21, suddenly, the blood of christ is ripped off your soul and now you are a worthless, degenerate, hellbound sinner? Don't people really think about the junk they propose as truth?

Let alone the "value" God puts on people. How nice.

This is the image of Dante's vision of hell. There are levels of hell based on the sins you have committed. If you are simply unbaptized or a virtuous pagan (aka non christian) then hell won't be so bad. It is how hell had been imagined for centuries.

MoserMap.jpeg

Thank you for posting that chart of hell! I never saw that before - it's too cool! What if you commit more than one of these sins? How are they gonna toss you into several levels at once? Or do you start in one, do a few million years, and get to move up to the next after you "paid" for your crime? Some of those sins I've never even heard of! Siminists? Look how far down traitors are. Note they have levels of fraud even - treacherous and "ordinary" fraud. Well, I'm sure that kept somebody busy for an afternoon of drawing fun. They probably enjoyed "assigning" people to their places in hell.

Take the Dante's Inferno Test and see what level of Hell you're bound for. According to the test, I'm bound for Limbo.

Inferno Test

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

Your fate has been decided....

You are one of the lucky ones! Because of your virtue and beliefs, you have escaped eternal punishment. You are sent to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!

First Level of Hell - Limbo

Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad.

Here were my results...sheesh.

<b>The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to <i>the Second Level of Hell!</i></b><br>Here is how you matched up against all the levels:<br><table cellspacing="1" style="margin: 5px; background-color: #000000; border: none; font: 10pt arial, verdana, 'sans serif';"><tr style="font: bold 12pt arial, verdana, 'sans serif'; text-align: center; color: #ffffff; background-color: #333333;"><th><b>Level</b></th><th><b>Score</b></th></tr><tr style="background-color: #220033; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;"><b><a href="http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-information.html#0" style="color: #ff3344; text-decoration: underline;">Purgatory</a></b> (Repenting Believers)</td><td style="color: #3344bb; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;"><b>Very Low</b></td></tr><tr style="background-color: #110022; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;"><b><a href="http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-information.html#1" style="color: #ff3344; text-decoration: underline;">Level 1 - Limbo</a></b> (Virtuous Non-Believers)</td><td style="color: #c40033; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;"><b>Very High</b></td></tr><tr style="background-color: #220011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;"><b><a href="http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-information.html#2" style="color: #ff3344; text-decoration: underline;">Level 2</a></b> (Lustful)</td><td style="color: #c40033; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;"><b>Very High</b></td></tr><tr style="background-color: #330011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;"><b><a href="http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-information.html#3" style="color: #ff3344; text-decoration: underline;">Level 3</a></b> (Gluttonous)</td><td style="color: #ff1133; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;"><b>High</b></td></tr><tr style="background-color: #440011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;"><b><a href="http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-information.html#4" style="color: #ff3344; text-decoration: underline;">Level 4</a></b> (Prodigal and Avaricious)</td><td style="color: #3344bb; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;"><b>Very Low</b></td></tr><tr style="background-color: #550011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;"><b><a href="http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-information.html#5" style="color: #ff3344; text-decoration: underline;">Level 5</a></b> (Wrathful and Gloomy)</td><td style="color: #aa33aa; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;"><b>Moderate</b></td></tr><tr style="background-color: #660011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;"><b><a href="http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-information.html#6" style="color: #ff3344; text-decoration: underline;">Level 6 - The City of Dis</a></b> (Heretics)</td><td style="color: #ff1133; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;"><b>High</b></td></tr><tr style="background-color: #770011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;"><b><a href="http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-information.html#7" style="color: #ff3344; text-decoration: underline;">Level 7</a></b> (Violent)</td><td style="color: #aa33aa; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;"><b>Moderate</b></td></tr><tr style="background-color: #880011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;"><b><a href="http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-information.html#8" style="color: #ff3344; text-decoration: underline;">Level 8- the Malebolge</a></b> (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers)</td><td style="color: #aa33aa; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;"><b>Moderate</b></td></tr><tr style="background-color: #990011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;"><b><a href="http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-information.html#9" style="color: #ff3344; text-decoration: underline;">Level 9 - Cocytus</a></b> (Treacherous)</td><td style="color: #aa33aa; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;"><b>Moderate</b></td></tr></table><br><b>Take the <a href="http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv">Dante's Inferno Test</a></b>

So sorry for the above mistake!!! Does anyone know how to fix it please?!!

Anyway, I was the second level of hell...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

Got the same thing...guess I'll see you there! :lmao:

I got Dis, when I answered honestly and I'm only 16.

I got Dis, when I answered honestly and I'm only 16.

Don't worry, you probably haven't reached the age of accountability yet!! LOL :grin:

;D

I'm bound for the 6th level myself. I scored "very high" on heretical questions and "high" on lustful and gluttonous ones :P

Got the same thing...guess I'll see you there! :lmao:

Dammit- I want to hang out in Limbo- that sounds ahellofalot better than heaven...

I guess I'm not virtuous enough. My wife scored level three, even though she's as much of a heretic as I am. Looks like belief in an afterlife is worth three levels!

I got Limbo. I really need to get a life!

Dammit- I want to hang out in Limbo- that sounds ahellofalot better than heaven...

Maybe you can take the "fire escape" (get it?) :scratch: up to our level for a change of scenery. LOL

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis!

Here is how you matched up against all the levels:

Level | Score

Purgatory | Very Low

Level 1 - Limbo | Moderate

Level 2 | High

Level 3 | Low

Level 4 | Low

Level 5 | High

Level 6 - The City of Dis | Very High

Level 7 | Moderate

Level 8- the Malebolge | High

Level 9 - Cocytus | Low

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Heavenly Deceit

The sweet light no longer strikes against your eyes. Your shade has been banished to... the Fifth Level of Hell!

Didn't the Catholic church just officially cancel limbo? What happened to all the people living there?!?!

Didn't the Catholic church just officially cancel limbo? What happened to all the people living there?!?!

I guess they're in limbo!

This is the silliest thread ever. OF COURSE children go to hell when they die! They're annoying as shit! And if God's treatment of the Egyptians is an example, He prefers killing babies to adults sometimes (and we know how much He loves to kill adults). The only motherfuckers who are getting into heaven are the 144,000 fully grown white male sycophants that God chose from the fucking beginnign of time. So, FUCK YEAH! ABorted babies, diseases babies, starving babies, ANY FUCKIN BABIES! go to hell, as they deserve, just like you (whoever you are, I can't be bothered to look, I am smashing the faces of babies with my bootheels).