Goodbye Jesus

Miami Beach Street Preachers In Action

Lautermilich

I am a photographer and xChristian and followed this group for a month on the streets of Miami Beach. They practice an 'in your face fire and brimstone' type of preaching.

http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/repent

They do not back down in encounters. The best one was at a strip club where I was assaulted and someone demanded by camera.

I am a photographer and xChristian and followed this group for a month on the streets of Miami Beach. They practice an 'in your face fire and brimstone' type of preaching.

http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/repent

They do not back down in encounters. The best one was at a strip club where I was assaulted and someone demanded by camera.

Can you put decriptions of what is going on in the pics? That would be interesting. Why are some of the pictures of people taking pics of you?

Very interesting. I agree with blueheron, it would be nice to have a caption as to what was taking place.

They appear to have so much rage in their faces while they are preaching. It's unsettling in a way.

Very interesting stuff! I agree, I'd like some descriptions to tell what was going on in the photos.

And this shot is priceless - it sums up Xtianity in a nutshell. What more can you say about fundy idiots that this ridiculous slogan doesn't?

post-772-1132677401_thumb.jpg

What's up with the gay kissing pic? Did someone steal a kiss from one of the street preachers? If so, that's hilarious.

Very interesting. I agree with blueheron, it would be nice to have a caption as to what was taking place.

They appear to have so much rage in their faces while they are preaching. It's unsettling in a way.

It was a number of fire and brimestone people confronting tourists walking around Miami Beach. Some shots are the reaction of the people or while they were screaming at the preachers.

What's up with the gay kissing pic? Did someone steal a kiss from one of the street preachers? If so, that's hilarious.

The preachers would stop at at well known gay bar on Ocean Drive and the people inside would taunt them and sometimes throw bottles and men would stand in front of whoever was preaching and kiss and the bar patrons would cheer.

This has given me an idea for a counter tactic. A group of atheists print up t-shirts that say "You're wasting your valuable life following fairy tales!", then stand outside churches on Sunday mornings before their services and tell them how when worms are eating them away in the ground, what little time they had to live now will be gone. "Repent! Live for yourself!", in your face tactics. Anyone interesting in orgainizing for this?

This has given me an idea for a counter tactic. A group of atheists print up t-shirts that say "You're wasting your valuable life following fairy tales!", then stand outside churches on Sunday mornings before their services and tell them how when worms are eating them away in the ground, what little time they had to live now will be gone. "Repent! Live for yourself!", in your face tactics. Anyone interesting in orgainizing for this?

How about a group called 'ChurchBusters' that show up in a ambulance type vehicle as in 'Ghostbusters' and try and free the people by casting the evil spirit of fear from teh building?

How about a group called 'ChurchBusters' that show up in a ambulance type vehicle as in 'Ghostbusters' and try and free the people by casting the evil spirit of fear from teh building?

Only if I get to wear a cape! :lmao:

It would just lend credence to their perceived persecution and would bolster their faith.

Better to tempt them. Set up a big screen TV and air the early NFL games. This will drive the men nuts thinking of what they are missing while the pastor has them standing up to sing for the fourth time that hour.

What is up with the chic with metal beads and a goth looking skirt.... with a Jesus shirt that looks like she just threw in on top of her other clothes? LOL

What is up with the chic with metal beads and a goth looking skirt.... with a Jesus shirt that looks like she just threw in on top of her other clothes? LOL

Could you post the URL of the image when are you viewing it?

http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/image/52558745

http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/image/52557675

http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/image/52574245

This girl. What's her story? Do you remember?

Is she trying to attract the goth teens? LOL

That's my reaction, too. I wonder how many people they really convert?

All that scowling would drive me away for sure (or make me give them

the double finger, like that one guy towards the bottom of the page).

http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/image/52558745

http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/image/52557675

http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/image/52574245

This girl. What's her story? Do you remember?

Is she trying to attract the goth teens? LOL

That is sister Elizebeth. She is married to the main guy and takes turn preaching. The whole group was very nice to me and were very pleased with the images. I never understood that as to me I made them look hostile.

As a former fundie, (Church of Christ, KJV Baptist) I was able to take about biblical issues with them. They were aware as I was X but never allowed it to get in the way. I might go down there and do more images in a few weeks. The strip club visit alone with worth the $10 it cost to park in Miami Beach.

That's my reaction, too. I wonder how many people they really convert?

All that scowling would drive me away for sure (or make me give them

the double finger, like that one guy towards the bottom of the page).

Odds are, none.

In my nuttiest of xtian phases I lived with 5 other xtian men in the MOG house (men of god :lmao: ). One of my nutty roommates met one of these street preachers who was living out of the back of his '69 Datsun with a small camper shell. We let him park his truck in our drive for about a year and a half so I got to know the guy pretty well. He had 0 converts to his name, despite 18 hours a day proselytizing. :twitch:

In my nuttiest of xtian phases I lived with 5 other xtian men in the MOG house (men of god :lmao: ). One of my nutty roommates met one of these street preachers who was living out of the back of his '69 Datsun with a small camper shell. We let him park his truck in our drive for about a year and a half so I got to know the guy pretty well. He had 0 converts to his name, despite 18 hours a day proselytizing. :twitch:

18 hours a day, huh? Sounds like evangelical masturbation to me! :HaHa:

"Repent or Perish" ??

That's supposed to scare me?

I plan on perishing. In my world everyone perishes.

Maybe I should get a t-shirt that says "Repent AND Perish"....

Stupid jesus fuckers.

This shit makes my blood boil, so that is all I will say for now.

*goes to vent some steam*

A few weeks ago, there were some Christians at Wal-Mart selling T-Shrits and witnessing. I tried to go in the Lawn & Garden enterance but I was told I wasn't allowed to get in the store that way.

I had to go in the enterance where they were. The people tried to call my kids over to witness to them. I told my kids and people heard me. "Don't go over to them they are EVIL!" I recieved many very dirty looks not only from the Christians but the customers as well.

If I had to go past a bunch of witnessing Christians to get into a store, I'd leave and go to another store. A store that promotes one religion over another doesn't need to get my hard-earned money. And if all the stores ended up being like that, I'd just stay home and order online. I already avoid the stores with the Salvation Army people. I don't care to donate to a bigoted organization. There are plenty of non-bigoted charities that I can give my money to.

If I had to go past a bunch of witnessing Christians to get into a store, I'd leave and go to another store. A store that promotes one religion over another doesn't need to get my hard-earned money. And if all the stores ended up being like that, I'd just stay home and order online. I already avoid the stores with the Salvation Army people. I don't care to donate to a bigoted organization. There are plenty of non-bigoted charities that I can give my money to.

You don't have kids do you? LOL

I didn't see them until we had gotten out of the car and walked all the way up there. Dragging the kids back to the car and hearing them argue and complain about not being about to go to Wal-Mart just because there were a bunch of Christians there that mom doesn't like, then having decide what other store and hearing them complain about not wanting to go to that store, wasn't worth the trouble.

Funny thing is that KJV doesn't mentions homosexuals at all

1 Corinthians 6

9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Oh my god, KJV is satanic :grin:

Off course the above is contradicted by Jesus himself

Matthew 21:32 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV)

Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. 32For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.

52557673.DSC_3729.jpg

18 hours a day, huh? Sounds like evangelical masturbation to me! :HaHa:

He was loopy. Smart guy though.

Why don't I ever get to run into these kinds of dumb-asses? I've got tons of hilarious things to say to them but they're never around... :(