Goodbye Jesus

Miami Beach Street Preachers In Action

Lautermilich

Lets run down the list.

Fornicator (Nope, Unfortunately not at this time, but that's a whole other discussion)

Idolater (Nope)

Adulterer (Nope, even with the interpretation of Scripture considering I'm divorced. See Fornicator)

Homosexual (Nope, I'm straight)

Sodomite (Nope, ewww)

Theif (Nope)

Covetous (Nope)

Drunkard (I rarely if ever drink)

Extortioner (Nope)

So, does this mean I get to inherit the Kingdom of God? How much is the Kingdom of God worth anyway? Maybe I will have it appraised.

Taph

Just a bunch of self-aggrandizing assholes. They deliberately piss people off, and, when people react, the xtians will go on about how they "suffered for the Name."

I saw A guy just like those people when I was in San Antonio during the Hurricane evacuation. He was screaming at everyone at the the city bus stop about Jesus. I said a few choice words and he was completely oblivious. Sometimes Texas can be as bad as anywhere.

Dude. All the nuts roll down to Florida...

I kind of like that they don't have captions yet. It forces the viewer to create their own story about what's happening.

I'm kind of big on the artist/viewer exchange, though. There's a point at which the artist has to let go of what they've created and let it stand on its own, and it's interesting to watch what viewers bring to it.

Ooh. I'm liking this one: http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/image/52557711.

I'm seeing a trio of street preachers with their backs turned to a row of presumably homeless people sleeping on a porch behind them.

Not knowing what's up I don't actually know if the folks in the back are homeless or what - but I can't think of many circumstances in which I'd lie down on a sidewalk or in a doorway, like the guy on the far left, unless I didn't have any other place to lie down...

At any rate I'm seeing a bunch of people yelling about something hypothetical while ignoring a much more real problem around them.

But that's just me.

Oh, wow. And I love your "Terry Schaivo's Easter Sunday" gallery.

Spot on, man.