Goodbye Jesus

Now That's Funny ( Jesus Fish )

Thought2Much

I read Cracked fairly often (it's kind of a guilty pleasure; the writing is often crap, and it tries too hard to be funny, but I read it anyway). One of the top articles today was of particular interest: 6 Famous Symbols That Don't Mean What You Think.

Of course, the first one on the list was the Jesus Fish. Now, you probably all knew this already, and you'll make fun of me for not knowing it, but I had never seen or heard this anywhere before. Unbeknownst to me, the Jesus Fish is actually an ancient (as in, predating Christianity) symbol for vaginas, particularly the vaginas of fertility goddesses.

And a huge percentage of Christians have them on their cars! Sweet!

• Like 1

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Yeah they are all a bunch of pussies, so I suppose it is apt :D

I suppose we could re-caption, doing it sideways for teh lawd :)

I will now smile to myself every time I see a Christian proudly displaying a Jesus Fish on their car or their person.

WhenIwazaWoo, I haz a fish. We have I&J here for fish products with an almost identical logo as jeebusfish and my brother asked me if I now was an I&J rep. :D It fell off somewhere and I never pined and replaced it. Meanwhile...

jesus_saves.jpg

I read Cracked fairly often (it's kind of a guilty pleasure; the writing is often crap, and it tries too hard to be funny, but I read it anyway). One of the top articles today was of particular interest: 6 Famous Symbols That Don't Mean What You Think.

Of course, the first one on the list was the Jesus Fish. Now, you probably all knew this already, and you'll make fun of me for not knowing it, but I had never seen or heard this anywhere before. Unbeknownst to me, the Jesus Fish is actually an ancient (as in, predating Christianity) symbol for vaginas, particularly the vaginas of fertility goddesses.

And a huge percentage of Christians have them on their cars! Sweet!

You really need to get the word out to your fundy friends about that... lol.

Praise Vajeebus!

I will now smile to myself every time I see a Christian proudly displaying a Jesus Fish on their car or their person.

Ya know how the game slug bug goes, see one and you say slug bug etc. I think we all should stary a new game. Everytime you see the fish symbol you point and yell "vagina". That would be a really quick way to convince all xians to remove the fish forever. I personally love when they have the fish on their car or home or business. It's the warning flag for me "crazy inside", so I can move away from them.I like that the crazy people have their own warning system, too bad its a symbol for vagina.

Here's a fun blog post http://www.fistofblog.com/2008/05/29/jesus-vagina/

• Like 2

.I like that the crazy people have their own warning system, too bad its a symbol for vagina.

I think it's rather appropriate :P

The problem is this is all bullshit.

That symbol doesn't exist in xian antiquity. Xian fish look like...fish.

I looked into this a long while back. Look here if you're interested.

mwc

The problem is this is all bullshit.

That symbol doesn't exist in xian antiquity. Xian fish look like...fish.

I looked into this a long while back. Look here if you're interested.

mwc

That was an interesting thread. I did not read it all but I can tell You really did go researching and I thank people like you who have the drive and energy to do so and share the information. I can't read like I use to I get tired and lose focus so I appreciate the work that goes into these researches.

The "vulva". Diagram. The fish shape fits perfectly.

I will not be able to see that "fish". Symbol in any other way now. Lol