Goodbye Jesus

Email Made Me Feel So Sick!

ZoeKnows

A fam member sent me this email, it's a forwarded message, but definitely meant for hubs and myself. I feel sick after reading this. I wish I could relocate to a new planet sometimes. This transition has been nothing but a shaming pile of dung.

While in study and prayer pondering the great word spoken yesterday, one can only cry out to the Lord for mercy and grace once again. I am humbled and thankful for strong words that encourage the body of Christ. As this was on my heart I share it with those I cherish, family, friends, neighbors,  co-workers now and then. May you find your place and peace in Christ, <my family member's name >

REBELLION!!!!!!!!!! as sitting in a hornet's nest....

Hebrews 3:8 (MSG) don't turn a deaf ear as in "the bitter uprising," that time of wilderness testing!

Isaiah 65:2 I reached out day after day to a people who turned their backs on me, People who make wrong turns, who insist on doing things their own way.

Webster’s Definition 1828: Rebellion: No sooner is the standard of rebellion displayed, than men of desperate principles resort to it.

Rebellion is a rebel with a cause, one that seeks after their own fleshly desires. Rebellion is a bitter root that is dangerous and a very lonesome path.  Many are held captive by its enticements and fleeting pleasures that cause the rebellious heart to turn away from the Most High God in their own day of testing. Signs of the times are filled with many rebellious hearts stating there in no God. We see this rebellion in children who have total disregard for righteousness; they fall prey to temptations and walk a life of arrogance. We see this rebellion in the leaders in our land, men and women are disdainfully proud and haughty in their own sinful state. We see this in our churches and our families; many walking away from the fold of unmerited favor and grace, unwilling to repent and humble themselves before a loving Savior. To those who are enjoying the pleasures of a rebellious heart this will be for a season and will be temporal; as their folly will end with apathy, discouragement and often times a much greater state of despair.

Where are the men and women of integrity?

Where are the Christ Followers who love Him deeply and passionately?

Where are the earnest seekers of prayer and petition making intercession? (2 Chronicles 7:14)

Our Lord God is full of compassion and slow to anger, He will forgive the iniquity of a rebellious generation, but we must seek Him diligently, pray earnestly. We must turn from our wicked ways and not provoke God in our wilderness, nor grieve Him in our desert of testing. We must take every thought captive today...

2 Corinthians 10:5 (MSG) The world is unprincipled. It's dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn't fight fair. But we don't live or fight our battles that way—never have and never will. The tools of our trade aren't for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture. We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.

He is our Rock and our Redeemer. In a day of rebellion remember the Lord God and repent, cry out for His mercy and grace. He is waiting!

Would you return to Him today?

Would you cry out for mercy for our land? 

He loves you with an indescribable love.

Isaiah 49:16 (MSG)  Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. The walls you're rebuilding are never out of my sight.

mab 07.16.2012 6:31am

Don't let yourself be bullied or shamed. This email is abusive. Recognize it for what it is and delete all their fwds in the future.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Puke. Block Sender. Click.

• Like 3

Have them prove their crazy bullshit religion is actually true before they make any claims about your fucking soul.

• Like 2

Ick. Don't lose any sleep over it. They mean well? If you let yourself become angry it'll only confirm to them that you are a heathen rebel in need of repentance for your sooooooul.

Really, you're better off without this junk.

• Like 1

What a lovely pile of manipulative crap.

Puke. Block Sender. Click.

This. Though I'd also send a short reply, telling them exactly where they can store their bibles.

I don't think you need to answer. What do you say to people who sermonize about your "rebellion" and need for repentance? They do not change. Block whoever sent it.

I am nervous that fam members will read what I write on this web-site. Basically, can't block this person. She probably does mean well & is just concerned. My thinking is this: even when I agreed w/ her faith, I would not have sent this kind of email to anyone not "in the fold"..or anyone struggling with doubt. I have always been sensitive to other people's feelings and thoughts on life. I just don't see how she could have read this & thought it would be well-accepted. A-ha, I see the error of my ways now, I was just rebelling & trying to enjoy pleasures of the flesh. Now I will submit to my loving God. eek.gif

BTW, it is so nice to come on here & not feel so isolated in regard to religion/Christianity. It is mind blowing how everyone accepts that good=christians and bad=atheists.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
Basically, can't block this person. She probably does mean well & is just concerned.

They all mean well.

I would just reply with this:

"Nope."

That would be that. Then I would block them.

• Like 1

Zoe, I feel for ya. Great big Teddy Bear <hugs> and a hot cup of tea, to help you cope.

Aw, the hell with it. You've been thrown into what amounts to spiritual warfare against your will, and with family members no less, so you need some heavy ammo! <tosses two pound-sized Hershey bars on the table>

One thing that might help you out, while you're being forced to cope with this kind of irrational behavior, is simply remembering that it's not only irrational it's also full of delusions of grandeur. Ahhh, joy of joys: that means that you're having to deal with someone that's not only acting like a nut, they're also being arrogant about it too, which makes it ever so much more fun to cope with, huh? Yeesh.

That level of what is obviously a Cult-Minded "we have the only answer, because god told us so" drone response, borders on a Phd. magna cum laude from Looney Toons University. <insert combination of the Pomp & Circumstance Graduation Song and Looney Toons theme song here>

As far as someone "that means well" is concerned, I now hand you my stock response of "My Magical Thought That Always Makes Me Feel Better, Even If I Can Only Think It, and I'm Not Free to Say It." That is. . . .

"Oh, I'm quite certain that you 'only mean well,' but Hitler fucking 'meant well' too!"

That thought has literally helped me to survive the last decade, and the calm smile that it always brings to my face has this wonderful tendency of driving religious zealots crazy! smile.png

Um, well, look on the bright side! At least this darling family member hasn't yet started incessantly reciting, "We are the Borg! You shall be assimilated! Resistance is Futile!"

You have that to look forward to this Christmas! Oh yay! (Always remember: you can always dope the eggnog, if worst comes to worst.) smile.png

Reading the email made me want to puke. If you can't block the woman, then at least delete the emails. Don't even read them.

What a steaming load of horse shit.

I am so sick of Christians and their superiority complex.

• Like 2

Lol!

You could copy her email, re-write it to apply to Odin, or Thor, or Allah, etc. - and send it back to her.

She'd have a point, perhaps if her religion were the truth - but without that step, it's all the same as Santa or Thor or any other mythological nonsense.

I am nervous that fam members will read what I write on this web-site. Basically, can't block this person. She probably does mean well & is just concerned. My thinking is this: even when I agreed w/ her faith, I would not have sent this kind of email to anyone not "in the fold"..or anyone struggling with doubt. I have always been sensitive to other people's feelings and thoughts on life. I just don't see how she could have read this & thought it would be well-accepted. A-ha, I see the error of my ways now, I was just rebelling & trying to enjoy pleasures of the flesh. Now I will submit to my loving God.

Just take a deep breath, and always remember: just because you aren't necessarily free to block this ever so lovely person out of your email, doesn't mean that you have to let them enter your mind.

Who you let into your mind always has been, and always will be only up to you.

However, I've got to admit that whenever I'm dealing with someone that's obviously gaining some level of pleasure from acting sadistically towards me, I've also found some peace of mind in imagining them dressed up in the most idiotic S & M (Sado-Masochistic) outfit that my brain can come up with. This family member has to be getting something out of their behavior, or they wouldn't be doing it, now would they? So I say go for it: you know, the goofiest, most extreme combination possible, for that specific individual. Like maybe visualizing fat, sixty year old, Uncle Joseph, wearing full make up, a dominatrix dress complete with a Madonna cone bra, and a pair of "Do Me Baby" stilleto heels?

Or, if you just want to put them into really "silly mode," imagine them dressed up in a Giant Chicken outfit. or done up like Sponge Bob Squarepants.

From that point forward, I'd actually work at keeping that visual in my head, every time I had to deal with that person.. :)

Seriously? It works! I first began doing the visualization thing with horrible bosses, and I've been doing it for years. The only problem is, it may give you the giggles at unfortunate moments, so you have to practice doing it beforehand. Right now, it's one of the only things that's helping me to cope with some equally inappropriate behavior from people around me that both are, and are not, family members. <nods her head>

And, just in case the idea makes you feel disrespectful? Don't ever forget that you aren't disrespecting them, you're just protecting yourself from what basically amounts to emotionally assaultive behavior, right?

So, try as hard as you can, to keep your sense of humor in tact, or they'll manage to kill your spirit--even if they can't somehow manage to shame you into a knee-jerk response, that enables them to steal back your free will and mind.

• Like 1

Tell them to PULL YOUR THUMB.....fart.gif.....REALLY!

YES! :)

It's disgusting Anna. I would block any future e-mails and not give this one another thought.

It's disgusting Anna. I would block any future e-mails and not give this one another thought.

I definitely would agree with you otherwise, Deva, and just say "ACK! Toxic person! Stay away! Ignore!" But Zoe clearly states above, "Basically, can't block this person. She probably does mean well & is just concerned." She obviously has no other choice, but to cope with it all. :(

A fam member sent me this email, it's a forwarded message, but definitely meant for hubs and myself. I feel sick after reading this. I wish I could relocate to a new planet sometimes. This transition has been nothing but a shaming pile of dung.

While in study and prayer pondering the great word spoken yesterday, one can only cry out to the Lord for mercy and grace once again. I am humbled and thankful for strong words that encourage the body of Christ. As this was on my heart I share it with those I cherish, family, friends, neighbors, co-workers now and then. May you find your place and peace in Christ, <my family member's name >

REBELLION!!!!!!!!!! as sitting in a hornet's nest....

Hebrews 3:8 (MSG) don't turn a deaf ear as in "the bitter uprising," that time of wilderness testing!

Isaiah 65:2 I reached out day after day to a people who turned their backs on me, People who make wrong turns, who insist on doing things their own way.

Webster’s Definition 1828: Rebellion: No sooner is the standard of rebellion displayed, than men of desperate principles resort to it.

Rebellion is a rebel with a cause, one that seeks after their own fleshly desires. Rebellion is a bitter root that is dangerous and a very lonesome path. Many are held captive by its enticements and fleeting pleasures that cause the rebellious heart to turn away from the Most High God in their own day of testing. Signs of the times are filled with many rebellious hearts stating there in no God. We see this rebellion in children who have total disregard for righteousness; they fall prey to temptations and walk a life of arrogance. We see this rebellion in the leaders in our land, men and women are disdainfully proud and haughty in their own sinful state. We see this in our churches and our families; many walking away from the fold of unmerited favor and grace, unwilling to repent and humble themselves before a loving Savior. To those who are enjoying the pleasures of a rebellious heart this will be for a season and will be temporal; as their folly will end with apathy, discouragement and often times a much greater state of despair.

Where are the men and women of integrity?

Where are the Christ Followers who love Him deeply and passionately?

Where are the earnest seekers of prayer and petition making intercession? (2 Chronicles 7:14)

Our Lord God is full of compassion and slow to anger, He will forgive the iniquity of a rebellious generation, but we must seek Him diligently, pray earnestly. We must turn from our wicked ways and not provoke God in our wilderness, nor grieve Him in our desert of testing. We must take every thought captive today...

2 Corinthians 10:5 (MSG) The world is unprincipled. It's dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn't fight fair. But we don't live or fight our battles that way—never have and never will. The tools of our trade aren't for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture. We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.

He is our Rock and our Redeemer. In a day of rebellion remember the Lord God and repent, cry out for His mercy and grace. He is waiting!

Would you cry out for mercy for our land?

He loves you with an indescribable love.

Isaiah 49:16 (MSG) Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. The walls you're rebuilding are never out of my sight.

mab 07.16.2012 6:31am

The opinions of a fool's imaginary friend are suspiciously the same as the fool - 1 Midnight Rider 12:23

Darkness flees when light pervades as religious absurdity flees when illuminated by critical thinking - 2 Midnight rider 16:26

• Like 1

...REBELLION!!!!!!!!!! as sitting in a hornet's nest....

This describes Christianity,...rebellion.

It insists on worshipping a man as a God, follows a false messiah, and alters God's law as it sees fit.

...Many are held captive by its enticements and fleeting pleasures that cause the rebellious heart to turn away from the Most High God in their own day of testing.

Once again, this describes Christianity.

It holds people captive with candy-coated promises of salvation, mocking the God of the Old Testament in the process.

Hilarious.

2 Chron 7:14 states that God will forgive sin without any need for Jesus.

2 Corinthians 10:5 (MSG) The world is unprincipled.

Indeed, and it's confirmed by this e-mail!

We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.

Typical Christian finger wagging sermonette.

This person has been watching too much Star Trek...episodes that include the Borg.

Will you?

Will you recant Christianity today and return to the Word of God as proclaimed in the Hebrew scriptures?

Will you stop worshipping a pagan based god called Jesus?

Will you stop following an apostate called "Paul"?

• Like 2