Goodbye Jesus

Responsibility Vs. Suffering

Guest end3

I see R, you trust you wife in a relationship, but trust and relationships as described by the Bible, it's all make believe. And I see how well your coping and how good it is for you now. Thx.

And fwiw, i wasn't insulting your wife, I was insulting you. Let me know if I need to pray again for protection against your now stalking wrath. I'll pray Psalms 23, I think that will cover the "valley o the shadow".

I see R, you trust you wife in a relationship, but trust and relationships as described by the Bible, it's all make believe. And I see how well your coping and how good it is for you now. Thx.

And fwiw, i wasn't insulting your wife, I was insulting you. Let me know if I need to pray again for protection against your now stalking wrath. I'll pray Psalms 23, I think that will cover the "valley o the shadow".

And it's amazing how hypocritical assholes like you have the gall to question why any of us have left your fantasy world? Just look at the crap you reply with over here. To wit:

1. the bible denigrades trust and relationships by saying it's all 'make believe'? Maybe you're referring to the bible itself which is all make believe and made up by men and not a god. Perhaps if you took the time to study the more ancient manuscripts or at least studied bible scholars' works on same you'd realize how incredibly stupid you sound. But then again, you didn't have a clue as to what I referred to regarding the tower so no surprise there. By the way, it's in Luke. And Luke is in the New Testament. That's the part of your book of fairy tales that is smaller than the other part which bible thumpers like you probably ejaculate over - the old testament.

2. And don't be a coward - yes you were insulting her. By tossing an ad hominem out like that regarding her, how else can it be interpreted? Now, my illiterate non-friend, go look up the word 'ad hominem'

3. Regarding Psalms 23 - it's also called the Psalm of David. Wasn't he the one who porked Uriah's wife after having the poor husband killed in battle? Oh yes, and Davey is called a 'man after God's own heart'. Quite a testimony wouldn't you say?

I can't wait for your next reply. Maybe you ought to consult with your pulpit pimp - your minister for some advice before attempting to continue this sordid discussion.

graciously yours,

raoul

Don't make my day R. I'm already all giddy waiting to be excoriated.

Is that the way people from West Texas respond to comments? I believe my last response contained 3 items of merit. Obviously you can't respond? But then again you're from West Texas so no surprise I guess.

I knew another ahole from West Texas who was also a bible thumper and a right winger to boot. Actually most, if not all bible thumpers are right wingers. Anyway, this guy was like you - totally intellectually dishonest and lazy but he loved to toss out bible verses. He even said nonsense about liberalls all going to hell because up in the pearly gates there are only conservatives. I tried to engage him in some biblical discussions back then - I was still a christian. He, like you, kept dodging my stuff.

I'm delighted to say he disappeared off the face of the earth. The last time I heard anything about him was that his wife threw his sorry ass out of the house and he was now travelling around in some beat up camper. Sounds alot like you.. LOL

Don't make my day R. I'm already all giddy waiting to be excoriated.

Is that the way people from West Texas respond to comments? I believe my last response contained 3 items of merit. Obviously you can't respond? But then again you're from West Texas so no surprise I guess.

I knew another ahole from West Texas who was also a bible thumper and a right winger to boot. Actually most, if not all bible thumpers are right wingers. Anyway, this guy was like you - totally intellectually dishonest and lazy but he loved to toss out bible verses. He even said nonsense about liberalls all going to hell because up in the pearly gates there are only conservatives. I tried to engage him in some biblical discussions back then - I was still a christian. He, like you, kept dodging my stuff.

I'm delighted to say he disappeared off the face of the earth. The last time I heard anything about him was that his wife threw his sorry ass out of the house and he was now travelling around in some beat up camper. Sounds alot like you.. LOL

Raulo, had you had anything to discuss that was noteworthy, I would have participated. Your stuff is just that. But thanks for pointing out the the Psalm of David thing....wow, I never would have retrieved that bein' a redneck and all.

Let me set you up as a follower on Twitter....so you won't fall down on you task of excoriation.

"had you had anything to discuss that was noteworthy, I would have participated."

No you wouldn't because you are incapable of this type of discussion as evidenced by all of your useless chatter.

What is it with you bible thumpers? Why are all of you nothing more than a bunch of liars who are too cowardly to discuss these kinds of things on the level required to do so? You don't have to answer because you'll just embarrass yourself further...

"had you had anything to discuss that was noteworthy, I would have participated."

No you wouldn't because you are incapable of this type of discussion as evidenced by all of your useless chatter.

What is it with you bible thumpers? Why are all of you nothing more than a bunch of liars who are too cowardly to discuss these kinds of things on the level required to do so? You don't have to answer because you'll just embarrass yourself further...

What is it you don't get Raulo. It's pretty plain. God would be supernatural......super-natural. Yes, I don't have all the answers. Feel free to claim victory. I feel free to claim faith.

End, I have a really straightforward question to ask you, since you're the only xian that hangs around here anymore.

Do you believe that god, as portrayed in the Hebrew bible as yahweh, exists? Realize I'm not asking about your postmodern, philosophical, other-dimensional, omni-everything, spirit god, but YAHWEH with all his proverbial warts and pimples? You know, the tribal war deity that forgets things, regrets his decisions, gets pissed off, gets basic cosmological facts wrong, eats food, hands down infuckingsane laws, etc ad infinitum? Do you believe Yahweh of the old testament is the creator of the universe? Just curious.

End, I have a really straightforward question to ask you, since you're the only xian that hangs around here anymore.

Do you believe that god, as portrayed in the Hebrew bible as yahweh, exists? Realize I'm not asking about your postmodern, philosophical, other-dimensional, omni-everything, spirit god, but YAHWEH with all his proverbial warts and pimples? You know, the tribal war deity that forgets things, regrets his decisions, gets pissed off, gets basic cosmological facts wrong, eats food, hands down infuckingsane laws, etc ad infinitum? Do you believe Yahweh of the old testament is the creator of the universe? Just curious.

Yes, honestly I do.

With regard to the stories....I gather they are more mythic. With regard to the rules, it's my feeling that if we were intelligent enough or could discern the connections......languange, culture, etc, then the rules would make more sense. I think it's probably a perspective thing. But ultimately, I believe.

And I think the Bible addresses the vigor of a new believer vs. the older....that it exhorts people to finish the race.

If the stories are non-literal (read: make believe), why give any credence to the OT at all? Why is it any better than the Quran? Or the gabadabeedavetas? (those Hindu books). Or the Egyptian book of the dead. Or Greek religion. They're all mythical. Why is Yahweh any more real than Zeus or Allah or Ra?

You know that god (im making the huge leap that he/she/it/they exist) cannot exist even remotely like he is portrayed by the OT. And the god of Jesus is....duh dun duh!! YAHWEH!! If the old is ridiculous and unreliable as a source of info about "god", why give any weight to the new?

I was thinking the same thing. he's got almost 5,000 posts. when i was a chrisitian I would never sit down at the computer and type "ex-christian.net" and then post my thoughts 5,000 times. I'll bet he's an athiest just trolling to have fun. No one can be exposed to that many holes in xianity and stay in the fold thats just looney.

I just wanted to throw a few things out there.

Swearing does not always imply hatred. To believe so is lunacy.

West Texas is desolate and full of crazies. To not believe so is lunacy.

End, you were absolutely dodging questions. To deny that is lunacy.

I enjoyed reading this.

And I think the Bible addresses the vigor of a new believer vs. the older....that it exhorts people to finish the race.

So precisely what you're saying is, "I've believed all my life, I'm not going to drop the charades at this point because I'm so heavily invested. I'm all in, even though I'm only holding a deuce-seven off suit. My mind tells me I should fold this shitty hand and walk away with the shirt on my back, but dammit, I could hit this highly improbable runner-runner-runner and get my quad 7's then I'd be PAID!!"

Don't you see that your own religion had scripture imbedded that prohibits you from doing ANYTHING that would make you aware you were in a cult (if you were in one)?

Don't ever accept "worldly" wisdom.

Don't ever leave the religion.

Don't ever perform kind acts unless it's in the context of the approved mental thought processes.

Be frightened that you'll be tortured for eternity if you actually look at your faith skeptically.

"Finish the race"...read: "No matter how clearly you can see that this is ALLLL BULLSHIT, continue to play Pascals wager and hold that shitty 2-7 hand of yours all the way to the river".

For anyone not understanding Texas Hold em, I apologize. End is from Texas, he should get the reference.

End is from Texas, he should get the reference.

I'm not not so sure, coming from a Texan of 13 years. ;)

I just wanted to throw a few things out there.

Swearing does not always imply hatred. To believe so is lunacy.

West Texas is desolate and full of crazies. To not believe so is lunacy.

End, you were absolutely dodging questions. To deny that is lunacy.

I enjoyed reading this.

And Josh, my apologies to you for slurs made about Texas - I see you live in Austin. But when I ridicule anyone in Dixie, it's the redneck bible thumpers I'm going after and not freethinkers whom I know still reside in the Southern States. In fact, I've had many of our kindred spirits from Dixie write to me privately agreeing with practically everything I've slung concerning the South. The frightening thing is that almost without exception they've admitted to being too scared to voice their concerns publicly which I fully understand.

So precisely what you're saying is, "I've believed all my life, I'm not going to drop the charades at this point because I'm so heavily invested. I'm all in, even though I'm only holding a deuce-seven off suit. My mind tells me I should fold this shitty hand and walk away with the shirt on my back, but dammit, I could hit this highly improbable runner-runner-runner and get my quad 7's then I'd be PAID!!"

Don't you see that your own religion had scripture imbedded that prohibits you from doing ANYTHING that would make you aware you were in a cult (if you were in one)?

Don't ever accept "worldly" wisdom.

Don't ever leave the religion.

Don't ever perform kind acts unless it's in the context of the approved mental thought processes.

Be frightened that you'll be tortured for eternity if you actually look at your faith skeptically.

"Finish the race"...read: "No matter how clearly you can see that this is ALLLL BULLSHIT, continue to play Pascals wager and hold that shitty 2-7 hand of yours all the way to the river".

For anyone not understanding Texas Hold em, I apologize. End is from Texas, he should get the reference.

Yeah but don't you see? As he just told me he has his 'faith'. You know faith. The thing that is NOT seen but HOPED for? (Per the book of Hebrews I think) And I already apologized for both of us regarding any arrows shot at Texas. LOL

And Josh, my apologies to you for slurs made about Texas - I see you live in Austin. But when I ridicule anyone in Dixie, it's the redneck bible thumpers I'm going after and not freethinkers whom I know still reside in the Southern States. In fact, I've had many of our kindred spirits from Dixie write to me privately agreeing with practically everything I've slung concerning the South. The frightening thing is that almost without exception they've admitted to being too scared to voice their concerns publicly which I fully understand.

No no, I absolutely understand! I moved to Austin from Southeast Texas to get away from the ignorance, bigotry, racism, etc. It is prevalent in this ironically beautiful state. I also share the same fear of openly speaking my mind to my friends and family back home. My parents would be deeply saddened, I mean, to the point of hysteria I believe on my mom's side at least, and I don't want to put her through that. Other than my small group of free thinking friends, I would be blacklisted and shunned by many groups of people. I'm more worried about my parents really, but that stigma is there, whether I choose to flaunt it or not.

I believe many here are advocates for responsibility, over suffering and grace that I gather as one of the messages the Bible renders.

And I personally can see that I have a choice as what direction I choose when dealing with others. Whether I believe they are right or wrong in an assessment, I can choose to be responsible for my reaction(s)......which makes some sense.

So what is the relationship to suffering here? To suffer, I would have to, IMO, manage my feelings based on whether I assessed myself correct or not within a relationship?

For example, if I believe I am right, then responsibility can be suffering another's decision or ignorance?

My God, Ed. Have you been drinking? Look at what you've done to the commas, the subjects, the objects and that prepositional phrase--if that is even what it is! Is the goal of this most complete obfuscation to deflect trauma to your faith by guaranteeing you may always be merely "misunderstood"?

Whatever the case, Ed, I suffer. I suffer. If only I could read how I might take responsibility for that suffering!

Plain language is wisdom's language, friend. Or Latin. In this venue, I recommend the former.

<3 <3 <3,

P

• Like 1