Goodbye Jesus

Worst "end Times" Logic.

Kaiser01

• My dad worked with some fundies that refused to pay into their company retirement because they were convinved the rapture was coming before then. That was 30-40 years ago.

What is that crazy christian website that has the crazyest stuff on it?

It has been brought up here before but i cant remember what it is called, somthing like Jesus is lord or somthing.

It has been brought up here before but i cant remember what it is called, somthing like Jesus is lord or somthing.

I think I know the one you're talking about. The one that looks like it was last redesigned in 1997 and hosted on GeoCities.

I think I know the one you're talking about. The one that looks like it was last redesigned in 1997 and hosted on GeoCities.

Yep thats it...

Back to that "Mark of the Beast" nonsense, where many Christians believe that the mark is going to be a microchip under the skin that you use in place of a credit card or ID.

Also, anything about the Rapture tends to drive me nuts.

The fact that this website even exists is a "sign" that the end is near! Oh, the irony....

(He spells this out explicitly at around the 2:05 mark)

The more people who wake up to the truth, the more the world is going "downhill." Ha. Seriously.... Can this get any more ironic?

PS- I used to be terrified of being one of the ones who "fell away." I used to pray fervently that this wouldn't be me, and was always saddened and shocked by friends in the ministry who had deconverted. Look at me now! If only I knew then...

Oh, and here's a condensed crazy version, where Oprah is the "Harlot" or something equally as batshit:

I've always been amused (in a train wreck kind of way) by that bit in Revelations about the ginormous dragon -- You know, that one that's supposed to sweep a third of the stars out of the sky with its tail?

I'm sure the Hubble telescope would've spotted it by now. silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

That dragon would have to have one fucking long tail (at least 4.0×1013 km) to reach Proxima Centauri ( the closest star to Earth). Primitive cultures didn't understand interstellar distance or how big stars really are.

ANY DAY NOW! (Repeat for about 730,000+ days)

You know, had I really been a little more on my toes mentally, the whole illogic of the "any day now" mentality should have been a big tip-off to me that I was in a scam of a religion. Every single person I knew in church was convinced we weren't going to taste of death. Quite a few of those were elderly people who were very vocal about believing they would be Raptured before they died; I wonder if they felt any confusion as they passed into death, any anger. I know I would.

I was initially brought into fundamentalism by the 1988 Rapture scare, but after it passed, I lost most of my fear over it. I had already seen one prophecy fail, and there was no reason to suspect any other scare would turn out to be true. My church took a pre-tribulation Rapture the same way they took the idea of people needing to breathe to survive: as something that was self-evident and completely true. It was pretty eye-opening to meet a "Jesus freak" type at a Renaissance Festival who thought it might be mid- or even post-trib. His take on it: "I'm a pan-tribulationist. Whatever happens it'll all pan out." He thought he was just being cute and pithy, but it blew my fucking mind. If someone that dedicated and Christlike thought the tribulation might not be pre-trib, either he was wrong or my church was wrong. At that point I realized that two people can be very Christlike and yet have very different views of theology--and that endtimes theology wasn't just some "flavor" issue, but a serious breakdown in the faith. They couldn't both be right, but they both thought God was informing their views. Yikes!

ETA: Regarding the concentration camps, my denomination had this idea that there'd be these rolling guillotine carts to slaughter Christians who refused to take the mark (I think they got the idea from Jack Chick's comics). I thought that sounded pretty far-fetched, but plenty of them were convinced.

That first one is it! Thanks.

That first one is it! Thanks.

It's not that hard to find crazy on the internet, especially jesus crazy. :lmao:

That the UN is the "one-world-order" that will usher in the beast... ugh, disagree with their politics or economics or whatever, but seriously? That's why you oppose it?

That the UN is the "one-world-order" that will usher in the beast... ugh, disagree with their politics or economics or whatever, but seriously? That's why you oppose it?

I haven't heard that one as much in the last decade or so. I think that fad has sort of moved on. That, and people can see just how useless the UN is now, so it's just not a very threatening thing anymore.

Let's not forget our dear friend, John 'Fat Fuck' Hagee who is, apparently, psychotically hellbent on shipping every last Jew back to Israel in order to usher in the end-times.

Let's not forget our dear friend, John 'Fat Fuck' Hagee who is, apparently, psychotically hellbent on shipping every last Jew back to Israel in order to usher in the end-times.

Lol what?

What, you've never heard of this batshit crazy pastor?

Oh, just based on the look on his face in the initial YT screen I can tell this guy has got some damn fine primo skeletons in his oversized closet.

What, you've never heard of this batshit crazy pastor?

Yea i remember him now, batshit crazy.

Can't stand that tool.

I'm reading a few comments of that part 2 video.

My god these guys are deluded.