Goodbye Jesus

When Clients Witness To Me...

decafaholic

I've got friends who are massage therapists so I know it's already a really tight market :( You don't want to alienate a paying customer, but it's also not fair that this person is cornering you like this. The sheer gall and lack of consideration here is mind-numbing. I used to work at a print shop; MLM scammers and religious freaks would come in and regularly try to convert us to their cults and it was so unfair that we weren't allowed to tell them to kiss off, but they were allowed to harangue us! It's like hitting on a waitress--it's nothing but sheer tackiness to do that to someone whose livelihood depends on being nice to you.

I agree that the broken record approach is all that may work on someone who thinks it's okay to force an employee to talk about religion. Smile sweetly, say "I appreciate your concern, but I don't talk about religion with clients," and repeat until the guy gets the hint. In the end, he's the one paying for the massage, so it's really your call whether or not you keep someone that disrespectful as a client. In this economy and in that profession, that's not a consideration to take lightly.

Usually my step father WAS the crazy man at the store. I remember one time we were a Big Lots (he was cheap too) and he started talking to some old lady. We ended up being there for 2 hours as they discussed the J-Man.

Slightly off topic, but i just came out as an Atheist to a friend tonight (who is a Christian), he started preaching to me, it was the same old argument from ignorance, a couple of times i was going to say something to him, i started to but then i thought, what the fuck is the point?? he just doesn't get it?? he doesn't care what i believe?? so i just sat there and nodded and smiled, thinking i could just bury you right now, but decided to take the high road and respect his beliefs, i wish he felt the same.

• Super Moderator

Say, "Let me give you a copy of Dianetics. It will open your eyes!"

If that doesn't work, it shouldn't be too difficult in your position to snap his spinal cord.

• Like 1

... with a teacup.