Goodbye Jesus

Gut Level Honest Goodbye To My Former Pastor's Wife

jblueep

We're here for ya man.

Love

back at ya mac

I read P's husband's reply letter and am left with a sour taste in my mouth that no amount of tequila could overcome. It's so sad. So cowardly. So utterly lacking in principle. So completely void of integrity. And so fucking weak. I mean, just speaking as a woman, I'll be double-damned if I ever let my husband handle writing a hard letter for me.

I read my own email. I respond to my own email. I handle my own tough conversations. Part of being an adult is facing those tough situations head-on and not cowering before them so your big, brave, strong hubsy can leap in and defend you. I'll save those rescues for when a pack of wolves is threatening me. They'll mean something then. But a fucking EMAIL? I think I can fucking handle an EMAIL.

I think that way because I'm a grown-up. A big girl.

It says so on my panties.

• Like 6

I read P's husband's reply letter and am left with a sour taste in my mouth that no amount of tequila could overcome. It's so sad. So cowardly. So utterly lacking in principle. So completely void of integrity. And so fucking weak. I mean, just speaking as a woman, I'll be double-damned if I ever let my husband handle writing a hard letter for me.

I read my own email. I respond to my own email. I handle my own tough conversations. Part of being an adult is facing those tough situations head-on and not cowering before them so your big, brave, strong hubsy can leap in and defend you. I'll save those rescues for when a pack of wolves is threatening me. They'll mean something then. But a fucking EMAIL? I think I can fucking handle an EMAIL.

Akheia, I fucking love your humor.

Thanks for your support and love, everyone. I know I say this all the time, but you guys really are awesome. I've been kind of quiet on the forum lately, mostly just lurking now and then. I haven't been in the mood to interact much. But I want you to know that just knowing there are people who GET me and Jblue...people who understand us and believe in us and know that we aren't crazy...it means so much! It's sad to me that our former friends have responded to us this way. But I finally feel like the time for grieving is over. I feel like I can close this door and walk away with a smile. It's time for a fresh start and I'm looking forward to our future!

Oh, and Akheia - thanks for the laugh! You crack me up, girl! :D

• Like 4

Oh, and Akheia - thanks for the laugh! You crack me up, girl! biggrin.png

Akheia I think that should be your signature, or some version of it. :D

Thanks for your support and love, everyone. I know I say this all the time, but you guys really are awesome. I've been kind of quiet on the forum lately, mostly just lurking now and then. I haven't been in the mood to interact much. But I want you to know that just knowing there are people who GET me and Jblue...people who understand us and believe in us and know that we aren't crazy...it means so much! It's sad to me that our former friends have responded to us this way. But I finally feel like the time for grieving is over. I feel like I can close this door and walk away with a smile. It's time for a fresh start and I'm looking forward to our future!

Regarding the bolded part:

Well, I wouldn't go that far, 2H. ;)

• Like 3

jblue, I'm sorry that this relationship with your friends came to this. Losing friends is never easy.

• Like 2

jblue, I'm sorry that this relationship with your friends came to this. Losing friends is never easy.

Fly on down to smoke a cigar with me. It will make me feel better :D

Fly on down to smoke a cigar with me. It will make me feel better biggrin.png

You know I would if I could, bro.

Fly on down to smoke a cigar with me. It will make me feel better biggrin.png

You know I would if I could, bro.

We will make it happen one day one way or another!

• Like 1

Thanks for your support and love, everyone. I know I say this all the time, but you guys really are awesome. I've been kind of quiet on the forum lately, mostly just lurking now and then. I haven't been in the mood to interact much.

2H - I just wanted you to know that I am going through a similar thing right now...lurking and reading and sympathizing with everyone. But I am still reading a lot, even though my posts are down a bit.

My heart is with you jblueep...been there done that......it isn't fun.

You go be good friends with people who appreciate you..... and stay away from 'brainwashed' people in the future. You just can't win with them. I was once exactly like them at one time. Wendytwitch.gif

Big hug for you tonight!

• Like 2

Big hug for you tonight!

Big hug back!

• Like 2

Thanks for your support and love, everyone. I know I say this all the time, but you guys really are awesome. I've been kind of quiet on the forum lately, mostly just lurking now and then. I haven't been in the mood to interact much.

2H - I just wanted you to know that I am going through a similar thing right now...lurking and reading and sympathizing with everyone. But I am still reading a lot, even though my posts are down a bit.

My heart is with you jblueep...been there done that......it isn't fun.

You go be good friends with people who appreciate you..... and stay away from 'brainwashed' people in the future. You just can't win with them. I was once exactly like them at one time. Wendytwitch.gif

Big hug for you tonight!

I'll just echo what Margee said. We love you guys.

I'd like to hear how the atheist meetups have been going as well. I haven't had the privilege of attending one, but I look forward to meeting you in person!

I'd like to hear how the atheist meetups have been going as well. I haven't had the privilege of attending one, but I look forward to meeting you in person!

Thanks TF.

We went to one meetup. There's another one in August at Gerhards (German restaurant on Roanoke, my suggestion). I know it's a drive for you, but not too bad (121 toll road most of the way).

Thanks TF.

We went to one meetup. There's another one in August at Gerhards (German restaurant on Roanoke, my suggestion). I know it's a drive for you, but not too bad (121 toll road most of the way).

I might be willing to make the trip with a proper invitation. ;)

Thanks TF.

I might be willing to make the trip with a proper invitation. wink.png

Let me get the date, address, etc. and I'll send you one :D

The pastor's wife is being submissive to her husband as her god commanded her...or was it Paul? Anyway, I feel your pain and I applaud you for having the courage to write that email to your former friend. I couldn't help but notice the humility in your words. Whereas the pastor's response was quite arrogant. He boasts of the mighty work that he was doing in God's name and people were experiencing god through his ministry...most preachers think they are doing great things in other people's lives.

I don't do shots, but I would send a margarita, martini, or mojito your way if I could.

Stay strong!

Sorry for the typos. My Iphone is trippin'. Oh, I meant to say my iPhone is acting up lol.

• Like 2