Goodbye Jesus

Cfa Day Aka Show Your Fundiness Day

mcdaddy

So, in response to all the "persecution" "God's children" are receiving from those who want to voice their opinions regarding CFA's opposition to marriage equality, alllllll the fundagelicals are out supporting their local CFA's today, eating from what Im assuming all 3 meals there today. And posting it on FB, among other ways of showing their christian pride bigotry. These people......

Wendybanghead.gif

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

So, in response to all the "persecution" "God's children" are receiving from those who want to voice their opinions regarding CFA's opposition to marriage equality, alllllll the fundagelicals are out supporting their local CFA's today, eating from what Im assuming all 3 meals there today. And posting it on FB, among other ways of showing their christian pride bigotry. These people......

Wendybanghead.gif

I say we... we... make a mob... and and knock something over.

• Like 1

I can understand them going to support free speech. Chick-fil-a has the right to be as bigoted as they want, and we have the right to boycott them. But going on the pretense that chick-fil-a's opinion is the only right one is stupid.

Wendybanghead.gif

I say we... we... make a mob... and and knock something over.

who is a chain that publicly supports teh gayz?

.. just about all of 'em. Hope none of these twits are drinking Coke with their bigotry.

If they're in favour of "traditional" families... shouldn't mom the housewife be at home making their dinner?

• Like 2

If they're in favour of "traditional" families... shouldn't mom the housewife be at home making their dinner?

HA!

BBBBUUUUUUUURRRRRRNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Wait, that's what I'm doing right now.

gasp! I'm more traditional than fundies!

Y'know, I think it's only a matter of time before the president of Chick-fil-A is caught diddling children. That seems to be a common theme among his type. Either that, or a gay prostitute.

Today some ass hat in church said he was gonna go buy a sandwich for one of the protesters from CFA and then eat it in front of them... how christian of you.

Y'know, I think it's only a matter of time before the president of Chick-fil-A is caught diddling children. That seems to be a common theme among his type. Either that, or a gay prostitute.

Scandal: Chik-fil-a's CEO Keeps Boy Toy Kinky Lover From Kony 2012 Campaign

• Like 1

Finally an article about the gay employees. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/01/chick-fil-a-anti-gay-controversy-employees-speak-out_n_1729968.html

"I call it hater appreciation day," said Andrew, who asked that his last name be withheld out of fear he'd be fired. "It's very, very depressing."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/conor-gaughan/chick-fil-a-homophobia_b_1711566.html

When gays get so angry about a chicken sandwich, it is because Chick-fil-A has given around $5 million to fight to discriminate against us. When we praise brave Eagle Scouts who give up their badges in protest of the Boy Scouts of America's prejudice, it's not about scoring political points; it's because there are kids in dens who are being taught to believe that they are less than equal. When we rant about the pastor who preaches that gays should be thrown into a concentration camp, we scream out of fear. And our fears are justified -- in the last seven days, a lesbian in Nebraska was carved with a knife, a gay man in Oklahoma was firebombed, and a girl in Kentucky was kicked and beaten -- her jaw broken and her teeth knocked out -- while her assailants allegedly hurled anti-gay slurs at her.

And clearly the restaurants rating is dropping fast.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/30/chick-fil-a-brand-approval-rating-anti-gay-controversy_n_1719359.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Just before Cathy's interview was published, Chick-fil-A's Index score was 65, well above the Top National Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) Sector average score of 46. Just four days later, however, Chick-fil-A's score had fallen to 47, while last week, the chain had a score of 39, compared to the Top National QSR Sector average score of 43.
  • Like 1

nz4bg.jpg
  • Like 1

nz4bg.jpg

Godwin.

Re: the graph of CFA approval rates. My goodness, all those fundies racing toward CFA aren't doing them a lot of good at all. Their PR people must be having KITTENS right now. I'd almost feel sorry for them if I didn't know they were actively campaigning to hurt people they didn't like.

There's only one CFA in my area, and I'm very sad to report I discovered their human rights abuses on the heels of realizing they had an outlet here. So I haven't gone even once. It is good chicken (I'm more of a nuggets gal than a sandwich gal personally, plus waffle fries are the awesomest things ever), but it's not worth being a part of bigotry. It stuns me that in 20 or 30 years, kids will be seeing stories and photos of these fundies bleating about CFA and will ask their parents, all wide-eyed, "What was that like?" and will be floored to think that "the greatest nation on Earth" could possibly do that to gays. What will today's fundie parents tell their kids when they ask this, I wonder?

I'm so proud of my mom. She was pro-gay, pro-choice, pro-childfree, and pro-awesome way before anybody else in the family. :) But that's what happens when you live in Hawaii. I didn't know racism was a thing till I was damned near 10, the year we left Hawaii actually. Hell, just the idea of "races" was a bit cloudy for me. At 5 or so, I heard my elderly (black) governess talking to a (black) friend about "colored people" once and was imagining purple and green people. Completely fascinated, I asked Gramma when we could go see some colored people. The sudden silence, the slow simultaneous turning of heads to look at me in utter astonishment, the stammering confusion over just what to tell the precious little blonde moppet that I was, I still remember it to this day. When I learned via tentative explanations that Gramma and her friend counted as "colored people," I totally didn't believe her. They didn't seem nearly colorful enough, you see; I was nearly as tanned as they were black. And that is exactly what I imagine will happen when little kids hear about gays in the future, this "no, that can't be right, you've got to do better than that, because that makes no sense at all" response.

I get made fun of for being too white. Because I'm a fair ginger I don't tan.

• Super Moderator

My biggest problem with this whole debacle is the dishonesty. The Christian supporters of CFA have been totally misled by the religious political right (with Huckabee playing an important role). All the Christians I've heard from think teh gayz want to deny Christians their right to free speech. The gay backlash against CFA is NOT about wanting to deny free speech to Christians or anyone else. It is about fighting those who are actively supporting efforts to legally deny rights to certain citizens. The recent death of astronaut Sally Ride illustrates how even an American hero can leave behind a partner of 17 years who is denied any government and insurance benefits - and CFA thinks that's just fine. CFA people can think and say whatever they want. They can close their stores on Sunday, and they can post prayers and Bible verses on their walls if they like. What they can't do is impose their religious laws on our secular society. Sharia, anyone?

• Like 3

Chick-fil-A in New Hampshire Goes Rogue, Announces Plans to Sponsor Gay Pride Festival

Bigots in New Hampshire are going to have to find a way to support limited rights fer the queerz — the manager of the state's only Chick-fil-A has announced that unlike his parent company's CEO, he's just fine with gay people. So fine, in fact, that he'll continue to be a sponsor the state's gay pride festival so all the gays can gay around proudly, in the open, in ways that make all the people participating in Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day terribly uncomfortable.

http://jezebel.com/5...-pride-festival

• Like 2

My husband's of Norwegian stock. He doesn't tan either at all. But at least he has a soul. ;)

Chick-fil-A in New Hampshire Goes Rogue, Announces Plans to Sponsor Gay Pride Festival

Bigots in New Hampshire are going to have to find a way to support limited rights fer the queerz — the manager of the state's only Chick-fil-A has announced that unlike his parent company's CEO, he's just fine with gay people. So fine, in fact, that he'll continue to be a sponsor the state's gay pride festival so all the gays can gay around proudly, in the open, in ways that make all the people participating in Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day terribly uncomfortable.

The problem is that his franchise fees are still going to a group that is going to take those fees and spend them denying civil rights to people they think their Magic Sky Daddy hates. I'm glad he's taking a pro-civil rights stand, and I'm sure this is a hard question for him--give up his franchise, or else try to mitigate its damage the best he can while maintaining a livelihood. It's got to be hard.

The problem is that his franchise fees are still going to a group that is going to take those fees and spend them denying civil rights to people they think their Magic Sky Daddy hates. I'm glad he's taking a pro-civil rights stand, and I'm sure this is a hard question for him--give up his franchise, or else try to mitigate its damage the best he can while maintaining a livelihood. It's got to be hard.

This to me is the most dangerous situation. At least at corporate they are on the table about their hateful intentions. But this is a local restaurant promoting and kissing up to the LGBT community for $$$. In turn that gets turned around and put into laws that discriminate against us. If these franchises never paid any money back to the parent company it would be a whole different debate, but that's not how it works.

Now I realize this guy in the article is actually being honest (or so it seems) but that is not always the case. Trying to get your customer base to fund the very organizations that discriminate heavily against them is the worst crime against humanity. This is why I despise xians who try to touch the law with their sick book of stories.

The thing is, London, it cannot have been a mystery to him what the corporate company's values were. From what I've read, getting a franchise is a long, arduous process that involves a multitude of interviews and background checks. Applicants are asked where they attend church, and if their pastor would vouch for them. I don't think it can have escaped that guy in the article that he was in a majorly fundamentalist organization. But he not only persisted through the long approval process to get the franchise, but stayed in it year after year. There's no way in HELL he got caught blindsided by this information. The stew thickens and muddles...