Goodbye Jesus

Being Stalked And Harrassed

TrueFreedom

Today someone started sending me SMS messages about God's faithfulness and calling me and not speaking.

I just sent them a formal demand to never call or message me again, informing them that they will be committing a crime if they do.

Have any of you dealt with this?

WTF? I'm trying to celebrate my kid's birthday.

If they contact me again I plan to file a police report, speak with the FBI, and block the number. Any better ideas that are legal?

That is interesting. I don't think you are in any danger. You should post all the messages here, we might get a good laugh.

Yes, i do have better ideas... but not entirely legal.

I hope it's not someone from Ex-C. That would ruin the thread... :P

Stalker: <name>, God keeps His promises !

Me: Who is this?

Me: And what promise did God keep to you?

Stalker: Joel 2:25

Then I tried to call...

Stalker: God IS Faithful !

Me: Yes, indeed!

Me: Stop texting me if you are not going to tell me who you are! If I have to find out myself I will consider it harassment and press charges. Hugs and kisses :-)

Stalker: R u serious ?!

Me: YES!!!

Then the stalker called me. I answered in a friendly tone. Creepy stalker from San Antonio number said nothing.

Me: This is a formal demand to never call or message me again. Though I could simply block your number, I prefer to make this formal statement and let you know that if you contact me again you will be committing a crime.

I'm waiting to hear back...

• Like 1

I have since hidden my phone number on facebook and unfriended the prime suspect whom I never really liked anyway. Am I overreacting?

Looks like the person is trying to trap me now. After using my name...

Stalker: You are the one of whom contacted me. I believe you have the wrong number and PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ANYMORE BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE WRONG NUMBER !!!!!

Do you think that he's telling the truth?

I can report him now, as I told him to never contact me again...

I have since hidden my phone number on facebook and unfriended the prime suspect whom I never really liked anyway. Am I overreacting?

Its me true... will you...will you marry me?

Its me true... will you...will you marry me?

Oh, Kaiser! I have so much to consider!

Well....God DID honor His promise to you to make up for the plague of locusts!

This is too much for me tonight...

Stalker: You are the one of whom contacted me. I believe you have the wrong number and PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ANYMORE BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE WRONG NUMBER !!!!!

I dunno- this new phone of mine is bad about ass-dialing people. You might check what calls have gone out.

I dunno- this new phone of mine is bad about ass-dialing people. You might check what calls have gone out.

And revealed my name....and invited sermons about God's faithfulness?

This is a company phone. My name doesn't even show up in caller ID...

I have never called that number (until they repeatedly messaged me). This is obvious harassment. I have dealt with this on Facebook by classless ex-friends who tried to publicly pin me down on my beliefs. I don't want to be woken up with calls or messages tonight, so I have blocked the number for now. If they contact me any other way I plan to file a police report. This mentality is so sick and so sad...

• Like 1

Defiantly harassment and certainly creepy. If it continues you probably shouldn't hold back on calling the authorities.

Company phone? Could it be someone at work?

I would block them and report it if it happens again.

Company phone? Could it be someone at work?

I would block them and report it if it happens again.

Stalking and harassment on a company phone? I could see that costing someone their job.

Super creepy! I'd ignore it for now and if they call/message again, pursue what you can. It's the "not-knowing" that's frustrating, coupled with the "um, you called me first." Weird! Hopefully it blows over and you don't have to deal with it anymore!

Today someone started sending me SMS messages about God's faithfulness and calling me and not speaking.

I just sent them a formal demand to never call or message me again, informing them that they will be committing a crime if they do.

Have any of you dealt with this?

WTF? I'm trying to celebrate my kid's birthday.

If they contact me again I plan to file a police report, speak with the FBI, and block the number. Any better ideas that are legal?

Android and Iphones have blocker programs. Mine was free for the Android. It works for phone calls and text messages. Also you could assign a "silent" ringtone to the number. Also you could tell them to FUCK OFF AND DIE. You could also tell them you are performing a ritual to Lord Satan that he infects them with anal itching. You could recite the lord's prayer backwards. You could tell them that Jesus is your fuck buddy or that he gives great head. Whatever you can think of that is the most supreme blasphemy in their eyes could be fun. Ask them to pray with you to Lord Satan. Do a mantra over and over until they hang up.

Take a picture of the police report and text it to them. Let them know that their phone number spoofer does not fool the phone company. Text them some of the humorous atheist stuff on Reddit. If you have a smart phone with video capability make a short blasphemous movie clip and send it to them.

Dont bother with the FBI. They are only interested in interstate felonies and bank heists. You could post their number on the bathroom wall at Walmart or even better, find an insurance broker online and ask for "more information" giving them your mark's phone number. I once did this to get some health insurance quotes and was deluged with phone calls. Go on Craigslist and say you are "in town for the weekend and want some lovin!" and post that number. Find a Text Bomber like http://www.clamtxt.com/ that can spam their phone.

If it might be a workmate, make sure all the people you work with know that you have told the boss and have filed a police report and that the phone company has faxed the appropriate phone call records to their detective bureau for analysis.

• Like 3

Good idea. I don't put anything identifying on FB.

"Dear Stalker, the phone company knows who called who, ok? You're ignorant."

Thanks for your support, ya'll. And thanks for all of the great ideas, MR!

I've unblocked the number. Hopefully I won't hear back.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, TrueFreedom. My advice is:

1. Always be as anonymous as possible on the internet, remembering that anytime you put personal information out there (unless it is otherwise protected by some security measure), you are announcing it to the world. It sounds like you have taken a major step by removing your telephone number from FB. I mostly made this point for others, particularly young people, so they will be careful about disclosing too much personal information to the general internet public.

2. If you are receiving these calls (or some of them) on your work phone, report it to your employer so there is a record of the calls made and so your employer can take whatever action deemed appropriate from your employer's perspective.

3. DO NOT ENGAGE THE STALKER. Having conversations with the stalker and calling back only encourages him/her to continue the activity.

4. Since you formerly had your telephone number on FB and are now receiving these calls on that number, change your telephone number and make sure it is an unlisted number. You can then, of course, inform your family and friends of the new telephone number.

5. Keep a record of the contacts the stalker made including: the name of the stalker if you know it, time and date of the calls, the telephone number from which the call was made, and a notation of the substance of what the stalker said, most particularly, if there were any threats of violence.

6. Report the calls to the telephone company and the police complete with all the information you have concerning the calls.

• Like 6

Good advice, Over. I was only sharing my number with friends on FB, but I should have thought more about that. I give my kids the same type of advice.

Definitely block the number! Being spammed with any Xtian propaganda is unwanted at the best of times, never mind with added stalker creepiness.

I was horrified to learn my mum had put my mobile number in her church prayer guide without my permission. I get great trailing devotional messages sometimes from people there, some I think have been tailored for me "R U following Jesus? yada yada blah" etc. I've thus far repressed the urge to tell them to buy a dictionary and stop spouting crap, and just hit the delete button.

I do think its a big intrusion to have unwelcome messages on something as personal as a phone, it can be especially painful if you're in the process of deconversion or just want to be left the hell alone!

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Stop responding. They will lose interest.

Let us know when you are ready to go a bit beyond legal zDuivel7.gif

I'll probably turn the blocker back on this evening, but I'd like to make them think twice before they do something like this to somebody else.

I don't plan to respond further. My formal warning was my last response. If they bother me again I'll call the police.

• Like 1