Goodbye Jesus

An Apology And An Explanation, But No Excuses.

bornagainathiest

I am sorry to hear about the situation BAA. I wasn't aware of your mother's death. Please accept my condolences.

Please take care of yourself. Of course you have every right to be angry and upset at the conversation with the Christian. Still, the episode in the car concerns me and I hope you soon regain some calmness.

I briefly looked over the thread because it is unusual for Orouboros to lock threads, but I couldn't really figure out what was happening. I know many over the years on this site who have gotten frustrated in trying to communicate with End3 (including myself) and I just figured that this was another case. I was certainly not offended by anything on it.

I have always appreciated your contributions to this forum BAA.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

We all love ya dude!

Theological Discussions section, specifically, the thread entitled, "Killing in the Name of Atheism".

Many of you folks have said that you've either had experiences like that or can easily relate to what I reported. That being so, I feel I can unburden myself a bit because you'll know where I'm coming from and can readily empathize with my current state of mind.

BAA.

BAA,

I regret your loss!

Be kind to yourself.

As to your conduct in the thread entitled, "Killing in the Name of Atheism," I had no problem with it!

I was taken back by Ouroboros locking the thread, but I respect his action and understand his reasoning!

I respect you and your feelings!

As you harness the energy of your anger your power to stop the injustice will escalate and your own "blood shedding" will cease.

There is too much blood being shed already!

My own uncontrolled anger has caused me to let my own blood (like punching out a lamp post or a wall stud or a solid oak door).small3dblackeye.gif

I'm no stranger to "knocking my self out" when I need to be a present and an influential force, not only for my own sake but for the sake of others!

Nurse your "wounds." Take care of your passionate power--goodness knows we all need you as a force for justice, honesty and integrity--a fearful force to be reckoned with!

Much peace

I briefly looked over the thread because it is unusual for Orouboros to lock threads, but I couldn't really figure out what was happening.

Really?

A series of posts, each one in huge colorful letters, pointing out to everyone that they should treat another members a a troll, and this was done in a forum where we try to have serious and civil discussions, and this happened while people actually did have serious and civil discussion with the person who was accused of being a troll.

This is getting ridiculous. No one can see the problem here? No one?

I give up. Next time it happens, I won't lift a finger.

I was taken back by Ouroboros locking the thread, but I respect his action and understand his reasoning!

I think you're the first.

Everyone else thinks it's okay to act that way in a serious forum where people are expected to act civil.

So why do we even bother to do anything anywhere? Why just not let everyone do whatever they want everywhere?

Why do we have restrictions on Ex-C Life and Testimonies? Anyone?

Anyone?

(I think I'm going to post in this font from now on.)

Everyone else thinks it's okay to act that way in a serious forum where people are expected to act civil.

So why do we even bother to do anything anywhere? Why just not let everyone do whatever they want everywhere?

Anyone?

(I think I'm going to post in this font from now on.)

deep breaths

deep breaths

Why? I'm told it's okay.

I've had some shitty years too. My dad past away a couple of years ago and I couldn't be there. Our son has been in and out of the hospital more time I can remember. He's had more than 10 urinary trac infections this year. My wife had a surgery earlier this year. We've had leaks. We've had sick dogs shitting blood. We've had rat nests in our cars and one engine fire. Yesterday, I had a flat tire out of the blue. I probably could write a book about all the friggin' disasters we've had.

Didn't the bad behavior stop a few days ago? The OP of this thread is an apology.

Now I can't remember having seen those "billboard postings"; I can say with confidence they didn't bother me (if just for that very reason), so BA, no offense taken on my side in any case wink.png

They are very annoying and obnoxious when you're trying to have a serious discussion.

Didn't the bad behavior stop a few days ago? The OP of this thread is an apology.

What annoys me now is that members make comments that they don't understand why this is a problem.

I'm trying to show you why this is a problem.

Hijacking a thread with billboards accusing other members in a serious forums during a serious discussion is a problem.

As a moderator, I should be able to tell someone to stop it without an ensuing support group cheering it on.

BAA apologized, and I've accepted his apology. Now I just want to know if everyone else consider this behavior appropriate? It seems like it.

So I'm going to contact Dave and add a couple of rules to the Theological Issues forum since it's not enough to explain why it's wrong. We shouldn't have to, but since explanation falls short, there's no other way around it.

deep breaths

Why? I'm told it's okay.

I've had some shitty years too. My dad past away a couple of years ago and I couldn't be there. Our son has been in and out of the hospital more time I can remember. He's had more than 10 urinary trac infections this year. My wife had a surgery earlier this year. We've had leaks. We've had sick dogs shitting blood. We've had rat nests in our cars and one engine fire. Yesterday, I had a flat tire out of the blue. I probably could write a book about all the friggin' disasters we've had.

Because you're clearly upset. Best take some deep breaths before you enter cardiac arrest.

I agree with you, O, as I'm sure most do, including BAA himself. We're just comforting a fellow Ex-C who is feeling down and has apologized. Way to keep us in line!

Because you're clearly upset. Best take some deep breaths before you enter cardiac arrest.

:grin: No worries. This is nothing compared to a fight with my wife. (It rhymes with "fight for your life" with good reasons.) :HaHa:

I'm just trying to get a point across that seems to miss the mark (must be a sin).

I agree with you, O, as I'm sure most do, including BAA himself. We're just comforting a fellow Ex-C who is feeling down and has apologized. Way to keep us in line!

And he's forgiven.

In the next coming days or weeks, I'm going to suggest to Dave to add a set of rules to a couple of the forums.

Ok, I wouldn't kill him. But I would find a way to tie him down and rub my ass n balls all over his arrogant little fuck face.

And I'd fart. I'd definitely rip ass all over that shit.

I guess we could call that the teabag-from-hell treatment! Ha-ha!

I briefly looked over the thread because it is unusual for Orouboros to lock threads, but I couldn't really figure out what was happening.

Really?

A series of posts, each one in huge colorful letters, pointing out to everyone that they should treat another members a a troll, and this was done in a forum where we try to have serious and civil discussions, and this happened while people actually did have serious and civil discussion with the person who was accused of being a troll.

This is getting ridiculous. No one can see the problem here? No one?

I give up. Next time it happens, I won't lift a finger.

I don't condone writing in huge letters. It just seems to me that I have seen much worse stuff going on in threads and nothing happened. That is all.

I don't condone writing in huge letters. It just seems to me that I have seen much worse stuff going on in threads and nothing happened. That is all.

That's because we're just a handful of moderators, and none of us have the time to follow everything, even less police everything. So when we accidentally stumble across something and point out (usually nicely at first) that this is wrong and ask the person to stop, we don't expect them to escalate and challenge us why they don't have the right to be disruptive.

The only moderators active right now are me, Antlerman, and Kevin, and we're not logged in 90% of the time. Or we're logged in, but leave the screen open and do other things in real life.

So the issue is, when we do see something, should we let it slip because we missed something else? We should just let it go because we didn't take care of some other thing? Letting the backyard get clogged up with junk is okay because I didn't have time to clean the sink? Come on. Seriously?

Besides, BAA was only told to stop. He wasn't banned. He wasn't even threatened to be banned. He was just asked to stop his billboard posting. That was it. So that is wrong now.

Sheesh. This crowd is tough.

Besides, my life sucks most days, therefore I should be level headed and do everything 100% correct to everyone here, while anyone here have a day that sucks and they can do whatever? That stinks.

I'm logging out now. You guys figure it out.

Sheesh. This crowd is tough.

that's right jack - we're like the freaking marines!! LOL

Seriously though - the sad irony to all of this is that the person really responsible for the behavior of people like BAA and others has fled the scene. After instigating in his own way and causing all of this, he's gone like the wind - POOFFFFF.. Yeah, I'm talking about the bible thumper who doesn't even know his own bible - end3.

And as I said before, when you think about what BAA experienced regarding the confrontation with the brick wall who wouldn't shut the fuck up, BAA's behavior is completely understandable considering the circumstances...

Ouroboros,

Just because I was "taken back" by your locking the tread that does not mean I disagreed with your action!

I want to make that very clear.

I did not say that I wasn't put off by the bill boarding, I was.

Thanks for "hammering" your point home.

I appreciate your seriousness and commitment to this site!

That's because we're just a handful of moderators, and none of us have the time to follow everything, even less police everything. So when we accidentally stumble across something and point out (usually nicely at first) that this is wrong and ask the person to stop, we don't expect them to escalate and challenge us why they don't have the right to be disruptive.

The only moderators active right now are me, Antlerman, and Kevin, and we're not logged in 90% of the time. Or we're logged in, but leave the screen open and do other things in real life.

I want to make it quite clear that I do not disagree with your position in closing the thread. You are not the only moderator on this site, as I am very well aware. I am only saying that I have seen bad situations, and even complained, where nothing was done. It is unusual anymore to see a thread closed.

I really don't mean this as a personal criticism of you Hans. I am sorry that you seem to have taken it that way.

Now I can't remember having seen those "billboard postings"; I can say with confidence they didn't bother me (if just for that very reason), so BA, no offense taken on my side in any case wink.png

They are very annoying and obnoxious when you're trying to have a serious discussion.

I'm not doubting that, I'm just saying that I didn't see them (frankly because I wasn't following that thread at that time) :)