Goodbye Jesus

The Bible's True Because I Said It's True Damn It!

raoul

Guest Babylonian Dream

By this guys view, the storm god did cut apart his parents, dividing his female solid earth mom from his male solid sky father. We know this, because its independantly verified in multiple religious texts. Even better, they aren't even from the same religions, times or cultures.

Hittites - The Storm God and the Sea and the Song of Ullikummi

Greeks - The Theogony and the Bibliotheca of Apollodorus (or is the second roman?)

Sumerians - Many many texts, including the Song of the Hoe

By this guys view, the storm god did cut apart his parents, dividing his female solid earth mom from his male solid sky father. We know this, because its independantly verified in multiple religious texts. Even better, they aren't even from the same religions, times or cultures.

Hittites - The Storm God and the Sea and the Song of Ullikummi

Greeks - The Theogony and the Bibliotheca of Apollodorus (or is the second roman?)

Sumerians - Many many texts, including the Song of the Hoe

Yep, you get it! He's validating any and all other religions while shooting himself in the foot. LOL

I'll be continuing with this theme for a little longer.

Guest Babylonian Dream

Yep, you get it! He's validating any and all other religions while shooting himself in the foot. LOL

Sounds great! Can't wait to hear/read/watch. Also, don't forget the carbon dating ones. The ones where they've dated what they believed were ancient relics, but then condemn the same methods when applied to things like fossils and other things that don't support their purposes.

Yay!! A video!! I was hoping for another video :)

Sounds great! Can't wait to hear/read/watch. Also, don't forget the carbon dating ones. The ones where they've dated what they believed were ancient relics, but then condemn the same methods when applied to things like fossils and other things that don't support their purposes.

Oooh, I'd like to hear about that :)

I think I'll have to come back and have another listen later, I'm pretty tired from all the cleaning. Dan moved out yesterday, and I've got a friend coming over tomorrow, so I've got a lot of cleaning and furniture moving still to do. Also got a doco to watch tonight on TV, if it's any good, I'll post it on the forum later. Dad was telling me about it during the week- it basically uses archeology to make a mockery of the bible, from what I understand. Part one was last week, part two is tonight.

Oh man are you bringing back more memories. I'm embarrassed to say that when I was a christian apologist I used to use those 'carbon dating' arguments to support a younger earth (not 6000 years) than what evolutionists posited. And you're right, I would do the same thing - defend it on one hand. And then, when an atheist would cite a fact showing carbon dating proving something was older than thousands of years, say millions, I would pooh pooh it away. It was like I was saying 'my carbon dating is BETTER than your carbon dating'.. LOL

Oooh, I'd like to hear about that smile.png

I think I'll have to come back and have another listen later, I'm pretty tired from all the cleaning. Dan moved out yesterday, and I've got a friend coming over tomorrow, so I've got a lot of cleaning and furniture moving still to do. Also got a doco to watch tonight on TV, if it's any good, I'll post it on the forum later. Dad was telling me about it during the week- it basically uses archeology to make a mockery of the bible, from what I understand. Part one was last week, part two is tonight.

I'm looking forward to watching the vid if you post it. I'm trying to keep mine down to 10 or so minutes to keep interest in them.

I'm looking forward to watching the vid if you post it. I'm trying to keep mine down to 10 or so minutes to keep interest in them.

I've enjoyed all of your videos regardless of length, though I think the one where you introduced us to Kat is my favourite. I've just had a really exhausting few days- my uterus has been giving me hell, my ex moved out, I've been cleaning, organised and had an electrician come, done groceries, working on getting a couple of bookcases made-over, caught up with my cousin, moved furniture, washed and folded clothes... I'm actually starting to look forward to my op on the 3rd of September as a chance to have a little break lol. I was so brain dead tonight, I was having issues measuring out a piece of cardboard 23cm by 21cm. Tomorrow should be more relaxing though- got a friend coming over in the afternoon, and we haven't caught up in weeks because she had to work some extra shifts. I'm really lucky to have her in the same town- we went all the way through high school together, I went south, she went north, and we managed to both end up here, four hours east of where we originated. I tell you what, she has some fundy family members. She just never really bought into religion, though.

The doco wasn't too bad, but I think it was over-edited and would have been better if it was longer. I'll have to find it online and post it. Just got to find the right one first- I'm not sure, but there seems to be a couple by the same name.

Hey Raoul,

I posted that documentary here: http://www.ex-christ...oco-discussion/

thanks Pudd, I'll check it out later. And I hope everything goes okay on 9/3.

It's funny how everyone says the same thing as you did regarding the Kat. Everyone really likes her in the vids and I keep telling her this but she's still a bit camera shy. I keep telling her that the people's reception of her is probably because she comes across so kind, soft spoken, and thoughtful whereas I'm, at times, like Attila the Hun.. I guess this means we're a perfect match. LOL

I'm gonna do a vid, probably politically oriented, next week with her in it (I hope).

Hey Raoul,

I posted that documentary here: http://www.ex-christ...oco-discussion/

thanks Pudd, I'll check it out later. And I hope everything goes okay on 9/3.

It's funny how everyone says the same thing as you did regarding the Kat. Everyone really likes her in the vids and I keep telling her this but she's still a bit camera shy. I keep telling her that the people's reception of her is probably because she comes across so kind, soft spoken, and thoughtful whereas I'm, at times, like Attila the Hun.. I guess this means we're a perfect match. LOL

I'm gonna do a vid, probably politically oriented, next week with her in it (I hope).

I just love the way she speaks, and her laugh. She seems like someone you could sit and have a yarn with any time. She's a beautiful soul- you're a very lucky man :)

. She's a beautiful soul- you're a very lucky man smile.png

That's a beautful observation Pudd and SSSOOOO true. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank my lucky stars she found me...

Guest Babylonian Dream

Gonna find it. Can't wait to watch yours (I'm going to do it now, excited! :) )

I like those documentaries!

Oh man are you bringing back more memories. I'm embarrassed to say that when I was a christian apologist I used to use those 'carbon dating' arguments to support a younger earth (not 6000 years) than what evolutionists posited. And you're right, I would do the same thing - defend it on one hand. And then, when an atheist would cite a fact showing carbon dating proving something was older than thousands of years, say millions, I would pooh pooh it away. It was like I was saying 'my carbon dating is BETTER than your carbon dating'.. LOL

I remember debating an atheist. He said that there is no evidence from the time of Jesus that conclusively demonstrates that he ever existed. I remember talking about the James Ossuary and how it was dated to his time, and used that as evidence. Then when he pointed out that the same methods of dating ancient human artifacts are also used in fossils to see how old things are. I remember saying, "but we have ways of confirming that things are as old as Jesus's time, but we didn't have anyone around a billion years ago to prove that the dating was accurate then."

It was a sly response on my part, but its still embarrassing because my arguement suffers from a terrible flaw. I admitted that the technique accurately dates things, and it had been proven to be accurate. But didn't see how that would work still when people weren't around to confirm that it was still accurate.

Then again, I had to come up with sly answers that were convincing to me, I had alot of doubt to fight off.

Gonna find it. Can't wait to watch yours (I'm going to do it now, excited! smile.png )

I like those documentaries!

I remember debating an atheist. He said that there is no evidence from the time of Jesus that conclusively demonstrates that he ever existed. I remember talking about the James Ossuary and how it was dated to his time, and used that as evidence. Then when he pointed out that the same methods of dating ancient human artifacts are also used in fossils to see how old things are. I remember saying, "but we have ways of confirming that things are as old as Jesus's time, but we didn't have anyone around a billion years ago to prove that the dating was accurate then."

It was a sly response on my part, but its still embarrassing because my arguement suffers from a terrible flaw. I admitted that the technique accurately dates things, and it had been proven to be accurate. But didn't see how that would work still when people weren't around to confirm that it was still accurate.

Then again, I had to come up with sly answers that were convincing to me, I had alot of doubt to fight off.

Yeah, I know about fighting off doubt because I've experienced that same thing myself. I would use similar tricks like the one you cited to get around their challenges. And, at the same time, I'd be really ticked probably because of the same doubts I had but was never intellectually honest enough to admit them.