Goodbye Jesus

Christians Singing To Themselves

inorbit

I sing to myself but only when I know there is no one else around because I have no illusions that I sound good.

as long as its not how great is our god...

It's usually about corpses under the bed.

I hum and sing to my pets and to the dogs at the vet I work at. Skittles loves it. I usually sing what few words I know to random non-Christian songs. I do get annoyed when random xtian songs get stuck in my head for no reason...

I can't say I've noticed this tendency in xtians and I worked at a church...although I guess they didn't need to hum since the xtian music was playing over the overhead all the time...

People singing in general out loud is really anoying, i want to tell them to stop but then they throw a hissy fit.

And this is such an ironic reaction if it's true that happy people sing...

I picked this song out especially for you, inorbit and Kaiser... rolleyes.gif He's a very happy man....let him sing for you !! Poor darlin' just wants to sing and be happy...Listen for at least 2 minutes...It's very soothing....sing_99.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Sing or hum back a secular song. Feel free to choose the song based on how annoying they are -the more annoying they are the more offensive it could be.

If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends

Make it last forever, friendship never ends

If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give

Taking is too easy, that's the way it is

I have family that listens to the Gaithers...

Get ready for a nice Christian pedo song...

Oh, "He touched me".

This has bugged me since I was still a kid. Christians constantly singing quietly to themselves. Has anyone else noticed this? Not everyone does it, and it's generally women... but they're always Christians. They sing in a really soft voice that's mostly breathy and always out of tune. Sometimes they alternate with humming.

It. Drives. Me. Nuts.

It's not pleasant to listen to, it's inconsistent, it's arrhythmic, it's offkey... They sing in their cubicles, in their rooms, while in the car, while grocery shopping... I DO NOT LIKE IT, SAM I AM!

Conservative or charismatic, it doesn't seem to matter. They just absentmindedly sing/hum some random cheesy Christian garbage. I've asked some friends to please stop around me (politely), and they always look so hurt. Or, they'll pull the spiritual manipulation card. They'll quote from Psalms, or ask what's meant to be a rhetorical question along the lines of, "Don't you want to praise the Lord?" They'll even say I should examine my own heart, that I have demons or sin or something that is causing their "praise" to make me so uncomfortable. That's like saying that chewing your gum with your mouth open is irritating because I'm hungry.

I know, I know. This is really random vent. Maybe none of you have noticed this. Well, it drives me crazy and I needed to get it off my chest. I can hear my roommate humming right now, through the wall... *twitch*

I know what you are talking but I will say I am one of those women who when a song gets stuck in my head I end up singing it softly to myself as you describe until I stop singing it OR I am able to get home where I can play it multiple times to get it unstuck sort of speaking.

However back to your topic: I honestly have learn to feel sorry for these woman. Not all but most of those type of women are being repressed by their religion and religious teachings. I feel these women end up singing to keep thoughts of doubt and well, logic about certain religious ideas away that would well make them question themselves and views of their religion.

I will also admit that I do find some religious songs very pretty in an artistic point of view.

they might just enjoy singing but it also may be somthing to do with some shit like being contstantly found in a state of prayer or praise or some other old fucking rhubarb.Pretty sure I heard somthing getting spouted out a pulpit like that once.