Goodbye Jesus

My Reply To Jesus

Denyoz

I read the letter from Jesus and and lol'd at the way he communicates through the earth. LIKE THAT'S SO FUCKING EASY TO PICK UP ON!!!!

Hey Jesus! Humans don't communicate that way. Not the author of confusion, my ass!!!

• Like 1

Extremely heart breaking. Thank you for sharing this gut wrenching letter Deny. I totally relate to it.....

• Like 1

BTW' I loved your repose too, Deny oz. :-)

Nice!! And soooo very true.  Just makes me mad that if I said that to certain family members they'd say that it's because I'm being "carried."  Stupid "Footprints" poem. >> I HATE that poem.  Ugh, and it's on the covercase of the Bible my family gave me. I can't seem to throw it out since it's the last thing they gave me when we were on good terms (and we're on bad terms completely UNRELATED to religion, I'm probably gonna be disowned here soon but oh, well. Not like we see each or talk anyway. Alaska and Ohio are FAR away.).  

I think most of us former Christians can relate to this.  Whatever it is that Christians say about having a relationship with Jesus, the fact is that he does not audibly communicate!  It's easy to talk about the Bible being the "word of God," but it's no substitute for audible words, and this is something Jesus simply does not provide.  It is not even as though the Bible is terribly clear in its message, as evidenced by the multitude of Christian denominations.  A maor problem with belief in Jesus is that you can never be sure what he wants.  Much like you I was sold out for Jesus and wanted "his righteousness."  I cared nothing for money of physical possessions.  I still got no clear message from Jesus about what his will for me was.  Being free of his tyrrany is freedom indeed.  I no longer need to concern myself with deciphering his cryptic messages.  Christians will say that the meaning of his parables are only revealed to true believers.  But if I honestly and genuinely approach Jesus and he still doesn't reveal the meaning of his instruction to me, maybe there's no deep meaning behind the vagueness after all.

• Like 1

Thanks for this, Denyoz. I'm actually writing my own letter to Jesus in response, and it's very therapeutic. And kolaida few things are worse and more harmful than that stupid Footprints poem! Except for maybe the one about "you never did let go." Such dangerous rhetoric. 

Nice!! And soooo very true.  Just makes me mad that if I said that to certain family members they'd say that it's because I'm being "carried."  Stupid "Footprints" poem. >> I HATE that poem.  Ugh, and it's on the covercase of the Bible my family gave me. I can't seem to throw it out since it's the last thing they gave me when we were on good terms (and we're on bad terms completely UNRELATED to religion, I'm probably gonna be disowned here soon but oh, well. Not like we see each or talk anyway. Alaska and Ohio are FAR away.).  

Not to worry regarding being disowned. Family is MORE than just blood ties. In a way the folks around here are family. One time someone posted a psychological test of some kind for any of us to take if we wanted to. Many of us did and posted our results on the forum. It was unbelievable - how much we were so much alike in many ways. So, welcome to your new family.

• Like 1

That letter from Jesus just oozes wrongness. What are you saying Jesus when a meteorite strikes, or an earthquake followed by Tsunami's rolling across the seas? Secondly.Way to encourage psychosis Jesus! Make everyone listen hard for you while analyzing  every little thing they experience for signs of the supernatural. Most of us do not  develop psychosis but those susceptible are certainly placing themselves at higher risk for it. Aggghh! This clearly angers me too Denyoz! I really loved your reply. Perfect :)

• Like 2

Thanks so much everyone.

There is an older thread on this board mocking this Letter from Jesus.  If you want to laugh, here is the link:  Letter From A Friend (Jesus)

But I needed to express the sadness and the pain that it caused me, because I took this letter so seriously.  The first time I read it, I was a Christian and wanted this personal relationship with God more than anything.  When I read how much Jesus loved me and wanted to be close to me, I was really touched and swore to myself that I would not be a lukewarm Christian, that I would not ignore Jesus ever again.

I was so obsessed with this relationship. My view of reality was completely distorted.  Wanderinstar, when you say 'it encourages psychosis', I totally agree with you.  I'm quite sure that this letter was a major cause of my mental disorder.  It probably damaged my brain physically.

When I realize that all these years I had been talking to myself and there was no god out there loving me, I almost went crazy.

The Footprints in the Sand poem is another one that makes me want to climb the walls and pull my hair out.

• Like 2

That letter felt so creepy, like Jesus was a stalker or something.  *shudders*

Denyoz- thank you for posting that letter.  It certainly brought back many memories.  What an utter relief to be free of all that lying manipulation.

Denyoz, many thanks for posting this letter. I teared up. The 'cry of my heart' was also for Jesus. Since I stopped praying, I can detect the 'silence'. There is no voice speaking back to us. How very sad. I'm sorry for you because I know how this feels. I hope you are getting free.

• Like 1

That letter felt so creepy, like Jesus was a stalker or something.  *shudders*

It reminds me of that "Always With You" website of "artwork" about Jesus lurking over your shoulder, like it's supposed to be comforting, but is just all weird. 

Not to worry regarding being disowned. Family is MORE than just blood ties. In a way the folks around here are family. One time someone posted a psychological test of some kind for any of us to take if we wanted to. Many of us did and posted our results on the forum. It was unbelievable - how much we were so much alike in many ways. So, welcome to your new family.

Thank you so much for that!! I do feel really safe here and I wished I'd been on here sooner. I now feel less embarrassed about admitting I'm an ex-Christian and have a general idea of how to go about it. Before I stumbled and felt stupid for having had these experiences, but now I see it's not such a big deal. I mean, it IS-- but I'm not the only person that was ever duped and I know that for sure now. 

• Like 1

Guest r3alchild

You know what I believe you loved jesus with everything. But thats never enough you allways have to do more. But even if you do its not really you whos done it but jesus.

How can someone do everything for god then give him all the credit.

• Like 1

Dear Jesus,

Please note that you are in clear violation of the terms of the restraining order filed against you in 2002 and renewed each year when additional evidence fails to manifest.

If you continue stalking me, I will be forced to take action, up to and including defending my private domain against your repeated incursions. I will use deadly force if necessary.

Yours,
Jose

• Like 1

I think most of us former Christians can relate to this.  Whatever it is that Christians say about having a relationship with Jesus, the fact is that he does not audibly communicate!  It's easy to talk about the Bible being the "word of God," but it's no substitute for audible words, and this is something Jesus simply does not provide.  It is not even as though the Bible is terribly clear in its message, as evidenced by the multitude of Christian denominations.  A maor problem with belief in Jesus is that you can never be sure what he wants.  Much like you I was sold out for Jesus and wanted "his righteousness."  I cared nothing for money of physical possessions.  I still got no clear message from Jesus about what his will for me was.  Being free of his tyrrany is freedom indeed.  I no longer need to concern myself with deciphering his cryptic messages.  Christians will say that the meaning of his parables are only revealed to true believers.  But if I honestly and genuinely approach Jesus and he still doesn't reveal the meaning of his instruction to me, maybe there's no deep meaning behind the vagueness after all.

What you say about how the Bible isn't a substitute for audible words is very accurate. If Jesus/Bible God were really alive and really interested in a relationship with people, they/he would not require us to learn what he wants from some damn Bible. He'd appear to the obedient believers in a way that they can actually see and hear him. He would be sure to verify that he was actually there, using other people as witnesses, so they would know they were not hallucinating when they saw and heard him. Also, when things about him and how he wants his followers to live their lives are unclear, he would clear it up. He would explain it in a way that the believers would understand. This is what I would expect from a real god that was actually interested in a relationship with people. Since this does not happen, it makes sense to see the Bible as nothing more than the words of men who wanted to force others to live live their way by creating a god to threaten people with.

• Like 1

My reply:

You knew where I lived. Why do I have to do all the work? Typical bloody man.

• Like 2

My reply:

You knew where I lived. Why do I have to do all the work? Typical bloody man.

happydance.gif woohoo.gif

The letter from jesus - what a crock.  Who TF comes up with this stuff?

On top of that, the usual "it's your fault that Jesus doesn't communicate with you" BS.

Your reply is much better than what I would have written, denyoz.

• Like 2

For what it's worth, I looked up the background of that letter from Jesus to see who is behind it. It's Antioch Networks International http://www.antioch.sg/index.php, a group of Christians, who ask on the homepage: Are you here because you are seeking a relationship with Jesus?

On their About Us page they say:

In early 1994, some of us felt the need to set up an organization to
further the gospel of Christ. The vision of creating an electronic
network of information, riding on the Internet, for the body of Christ
to access to was birthed. FROM http://www.antioch.sg/staticpages/index.php/vision