Goodbye Jesus

Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise

pratt

39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”

40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[d]”

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

One of those days, just happens to remember the story.

1. Imagine you in hanging on cross for dunno how long, do you really think you want to insult another guy?

2. How did the other guy know jesus is innocent or what are the charges of jesus? they went on trip together?

3. i would like to know what criminal acts make one deserve to die a horrible death on the cross?

4. The guy appears to know jesus enough that he ask jesus to remember him when he comes into his kingdom, wow.

5. I read somewhere jesus was in hades for 3 days, and how did the criminal get into paradise with him that day?

it is just that kinda day to remember such a fuck up story.....

Guest r3alchild

Yeah its a seriously twisted story, its another attempt for the gospel writers to make jesus the one and only saviour right up to the end. Its like watching a movie and being exposed to the same annoying ad every ad break right up to the credits.

I can't find it right now, but isn't there something in the bible about a "day of Judgement" when the "graves will give up their dead"? The way I was taught, no one floats up to heaven the day they die. We're all dead until Judgement Day when we're either assigned to heaven or, most likely, to hell — none of this "today you will be with me in paradise" stuff. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Guest r3alchild

Yes, one explaination is that jesus means today I tell you, meaning this day I tell you. Another explaination is that jesus means today as from the point of view of death, you would not know any time passing and it would be today after you died then was resurrected.

Yes, one explaination is that jesus means today I tell you, meaning this day I tell you. Another explaination is that jesus means today as from the point of view of death, you would not know any time passing and it would be today after you died then was resurrected.

True, you wouldn't know about the passage of time. But I think a lot of fundies believe that souls go to their eternal destination immediately after death. For example, I sure read and heard a lot of them talking about new angels in heaven after the massacre at that school in Connecticut, which, they claim, was caused by a lack of (mandatory) prayer.

Guest r3alchild

The new testement seems to say that everyone will be resurrected together at the final trumpet sound, like this.

post-20843-0-91103400-1363614890_thumb.jpeg

When I was a believer, this story was probably my favorite story in the Bible.  It gave me peace thinking about dying and then being in heaven "that day".  I also thought it would have been pretty cool to have Jesus say those words to you as you were dying.

Now, I still have peace about dying.  It's just that there will be no paradise on the other side...just nothing.  Which, I really am ok with.  I wasn't in existance in 1893 (random example), and I won't know or care that I am not in existance when I die.

• Like 1

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=9800

Tall naked blondes gonna be there? I may have to rethink this non believer stuff!

That story of the repenting thief is only found in Luke, while Mark and Matthew give no indication that the thief was redeemed at the cross.

Scripture indicates a mass resurrection on the "last day".

John 5:25,27-29
Verily, verily, I(Jesus) say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which
all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40
And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Of course, Christians will rationalize this to mean whatever they want it to mean.

• Like 1

One other explaination is that when you die, your soul goes immediately either to heaven or to "Abraham's bosom" (like in the parable about the rich guy and the poor guy). But humans really are supposed to be body+soul, so that's not a good long-term solution. All the disembodied spirits get their bodies back (well, ok, the 2.0 glorified edition) at the ressurection, and keep those for eternity.

No nudes, either. That one did confuse me a bit. See, Adam and Eve were sinless and naked was totally ok. But in heaven everyone has white robes, so despite all sin being gone and everyone "being like the angels in heaven, neither marrying nor given in marriage" there's still a taboo against nudity. Unless you claim that pre-fall they weren't really "naked" because they were clothed in the glory of god and therefore too shiny to see the nudi bits, and that the "white robes" in heaven are really the same thing.

Jesus" Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.

Criminal on Cross: If Pat Robertson is going to be there I'd just as soon pass.

Yeah its a seriously twisted story, its another attempt for the gospel writers to make jesus the one and only saviour right up to the end. Its like watching a movie and being exposed to the same annoying ad every ad break right up to the credits.

And that's why I like Netflix.

That story of the repenting thief is only found in Luke, while Mark and Matthew give no indication that the thief was redeemed at the cross.

Scripture indicates a mass resurrection on the "last day".

John 5:25,27-29

Verily, verily, I(Jesus) say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Of course, Christians will rationalize this to mean whatever they want it to mean.

Darlin'!! I agree with most of what you said. Man, you have potential, if you allow the spittle & clay and and wash in Siloam, you'll do well.

Darlin'!! I agree with most of what you said. Man, you have potential, if you allow the spittle & clay and and wash in Siloam, you'll do well.

Speak English please.

Speak English please.

Hey Miss Deva! Centauri understands what I say, I like bothering him.

Speak English please.

Centauri likes to hone his skills on you, which I approve of.  I will let him be the judge of whether or not he understands you. The rest of us do not.  Not that we care too much.

Speak English please.

Centauri likes to hone his skills on you, which I approve of.  I will let him be the judge of whether or not he understands you. The rest of us do not.  Not that we care too much.

What skills?  Centauri has great potential for understanding the gospel (good news of salvation) but he's a chicken in a lion's suit. Chickens are cute and one would not like them to be devoured by ravenous wolves.

:) Yes, I know you don't care too much, that's why I tease some on here, tease and pray that's all I could do for now.

Speak English please.

What skills?  Centauri has great potential for understanding the gospel (good news of salvation) but he's a chicken in a lion's suit. Chickens are cute and one would not like them to be devoured by ravenous wolves.

smile.png Yes, I know you don't care too much, that's why I tease some on here, tease and pray that's all I could do for now.

Narcissism is a disease, not a virtue.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Centauri has great potential for understanding the gospel (good news of salvation)....

Thumby, do you see that it is possible to actually understand what it says and yet not believe it's true? Are you of the opinion that anyone who understands the Bible (as you understand it, of course) must automatically believe it to be true? To say I don't believe because I just don't understand the message correctly (your interpretation) is a bit arrogant, no? I know what you have been taught to believe and I know which verses you can use to support your position, but there are other Biblical views, equally supported by verse, and there are those who have concluded that none of it is true.

To any reasonable person the bible is not literally true. One has to be either touched in the head or be a creative double-talker to believe the bible is true. bill

• Like 1

Guest r3alchild

To any reasonable person the bible is not literally true. One has to be either touched in the head or be a creative double-talker to believe the bible is true. bill

Thats scary but true, but I feel theres even more to that.

Guest r3alchild

Speak English please.

Centauri likes to hone his skills on you, which I approve of. I will let him be the judge of whether or not he understands you. The rest of us do not. Not that we care too much.

What skills? Centauri has great potential for understanding the gospel (good news of salvation) but he's a chicken in a lion's suit. Chickens are cute and one would not like them to be devoured by ravenous wolves.

:) Yes, I know you don't care too much, that's why I tease some on here, tease and pray that's all I could do for now.

when you say teased do you mean stired up for christ.

* 2 Corinthians 9:2

For I know your eagerness to help, and I have been boasting about it to the Macedonians, telling them that since last year you in Achaia were ready to give; and your enthusiasm has stirred most of them to action.

Because if you don't then.......

39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”

40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[d]”

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

One of those days, just happens to remember the story.

1. Imagine you in hanging on cross for dunno how long, do you really think you want to insult another guy?

2. How did the other guy know jesus is innocent or what are the charges of jesus? they went on trip together?

3. i would like to know what criminal acts make one deserve to die a horrible death on the cross?

4. The guy appears to know jesus enough that he ask jesus to remember him when he comes into his kingdom, wow.

5. I read somewhere jesus was in hades for 3 days, and how did the criminal get into paradise with him that day?

it is just that kinda day to remember such a fuck up story.....

The bible is a collective of stories about a dysfunctional god and his fucked up followers. The entire point of faith is that none of it makes any fucking sense to rational people. If it did, you wouldn't need faith to believe it.

• Like 1

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=9800

Tall naked blondes gonna be there? I may have to rethink this non believer stuff!

I see more men that women in that pic. The benefit of hell is that all the women there will be hot. <cue drums>. zDuivel7.gif

39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[d]”43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”One of those days, just happens to remember the story.1. Imagine you in hanging on cross for dunno how long, do you really think you want to insult another guy?2. How did the other guy know jesus is innocent or what are the charges of jesus? they went on trip together?3. i would like to know what criminal acts make one deserve to die a horrible death on the cross?4. The guy appears to know jesus enough that he ask jesus to remember him when he comes into his kingdom, wow.5. I read somewhere jesus was in hades for 3 days, and how did the criminal get into paradise with him that day? it is just that kinda day to remember such a fuck up story.....

This is a story not necessary meant to be taken as factual truth. The blood and guts probably make it NC-17 rated. Why we torture 6 year olds with the blood and guts is beyond me. However, the beauty in the story is in how the unrighteousness can be made righteous and that there are indeed second chances. Our worst deeds don't have to define who we are