Goodbye Jesus

Oh Yeah? Well, What's The Meaning Of Life Then?

Jose

Christians don't have an answer for the meaning of life, though. It seems the deepest answer one can arrive at in the Christian faith is Desiring God by John Piper (aka Christian Hedonism.) The purpose is basically to worship God, then worship some more, and to completely and utterly desire God and everything that God is.

That still isn't a purpose, though, as nothing gets accomplished and nothing moves forward.

This was the topic of one of the first blog posts I made for my blog. The Christian meaning of life is so weak at the end of the day that it doesn't really bring the discussion forward.

http://qualifiedcommenter.blogspot.com/2013/02/worship-as-meaning-of-life_23.html

Your posts rock, Jose! Damn, you nailed it.  smileydies.gif  Again! goodjob.gif

Maybe the answer is 84, it is 2 x 42 which makes it double plus gooder :P

Guest Babylonian Dream

It's a Monty Python movie. Or possibly 42. Anything else is just a silly answer.

I was hoping someone here would say 42. lol.

It's good to see scifi is still relavant.

The problem is is that meaning is a human construction. We discern it. Life couldn't have it independantly of us!

As far as purpose, it was created so no, there is no purpose.

Sad? It did seem so at first. O well.... life ain't a fairy tale. You ain't meant to marry a prince(ss) and live happily ever after unless you're wealthy and priveledged already. Get over it!

On the bright side. Make meaning and purpose if its so damn important to you. Meanwhile, I'll just be enjoying my existence while it lasts. Trying to make it as pleasant, pleasurable, and painless as possible.