Goodbye Jesus

Snow

Amethyst

Anyone else hate snow? We just got dumped on here in MN, and are supposed to get about a total of 4-6 inches by tomorrow's end.

Send, all of it.. ASAP, please!

kL

I think your left-overs are headed to my little piece of America soon. We are supposed to get 5 inches over the next 36 hours. And then there is a chance of snow on Friday too.

But I love snow, even though it aggravates my knee troubles.

Oh, I don't mind snow when I'm indoors. It's when I'm trying to drive in it that I hate it.

At least people there probably know HOW to drive in the snow. In Tennessee it is like as soon as a snowflake hits the ground, people start smashing into one another. I don't want to drive in the snow because of the OTHER people.

I do love looking at snow and making snow cream whenever we are lucky enough to get any here...but because of global warming we actually don't get that much anymore (at least I think that is why).

Well yeah. Driving in MN winters is an art form. But I still hate it. Wouldn't be much of a rant otherwise.

Dude. I don't hate snow. But I live in Western WA. So I don't see much of it at sea level.

Although we're a bit like folks from TN here. Seattleites FREAK at snow. "OhmygodafuckingsnowflakeI'dbetterdrivehomeasfastaspossibleandputthechainsonandcallintoworkandgenerallyfreakoutbecausewemightgetafuckingINCHtomorrow!!"

Yyyyyyeah....right.

Of course Seattleites tend to freak out when it rains too. But only if they're originally from Cali. * ;)

The snow has arrived in Chicago, as well, and looks like it will be staying for a while. Seems that people here have developed seasonal amnesia. Got spoiled for the last couple of winters and this winter we've already had round 1 of the automotive skiing finals. Figure once people get used to it again, there won't be as many crack-ups.

Let's hear it for Lake Effect. Even though I like snow, sometimes it is too much of a good thing, ne?

The snow has arrived in Chicago, as well, and looks like it will be staying for a while. Seems that people here have developed seasonal amnesia. Got spoiled for the last couple of winters and this winter we've already had round 1 of the automotive skiing finals. Figure once people get used to it again, there won't be as many crack-ups.

Let's hear it for Lake Effect. Even though I like snow, sometimes it is too much of a good thing, ne?

I generally follow a pattern: pre-Christmas snow is endearing and driving through it isn't that much of a hassle. Post New Year snow sends me into a rage. Ugly black pollution.

Last winter I was driving in daily rush hour traffic from Milwaukee to Chicago, so getting pissed off in snow traffic got tiring pretty fast.

snow?? what is this snow you speak of?

Just wait until you move off the coast, Purple, then you will get to encounter the fun that is snow.

It's not the snow that bothers me most of the time. It's the freezing that comes after the snow.

I have a dislike for snow because of the conditions it creates for driving in.

And the cold assciated with the winter season.

But in pictures and music it looks nice and is nicely described.

But in reality, Snow = Pain in the ass!

I go to school in Tacoma, and I was upset when it started to snow. For me, it's more of a waste. I like snow when I'm vacationing, not on normal school days. Roomie, who's from Minnesota, was in proverbial heaven.

Then it melted and I started to miss it and wished it would snow again. Heh.

Just wait until you move off the coast, Purple, then you will get to encounter the fun that is snow.

move??? :: twitches :: :twitch: ::sits in corner and rocks self mumbling ::: no, no moving, no no, no the nice BlueGiant didn't mean it we are not moving.

Anyone else hate snow?

When I have to use my car and the streets haven't yet been sweeped clean, I do. Otherwise, I don't care. And in the recent years we don't get much snow here in Northern Germany anyway, so... :shrug:

We just got dumped on here in MN, and are supposed to get about a total of 4-6 inches by tomorrow's end.

You're welcome to send some over ;)

Snow?

You get actual snow?

We got snow in the foothills around here last year, but ever since I moved to SoCal, I haven't seen REAL snow in seven years!

Snow, huh....I miss it, sometimes, but then I remember what shoveling it, driving in it, and the COLD associated with it were like, and I enjoy living in SoCal, where it's shirt-sleeve weather during the day, and perfect weather to stay home with hot chocolate and a book at night.

Anyone else hate snow? We just got dumped on here in MN, and are supposed to get about a total of 4-6 inches by tomorrow's end.

Snow? I wish. We keep getting an inch or two and then it rains off and everything just turns into a nasty, soupy mess. I guess we need to move south to MN to get snow :HaHa:

Snow? I saw that once about 10 years ago. I live in Florida and we don't get any snow here. Heck, I've only worn a jacket like 3 days this winter so far. It's still in the 60's-70's each day here lately. :grin:

I do, anymore. I hate having to drive in it and contending with the safety hazards it brings. I hate especially having to miss work or other important things just because of ice and slop on the ground. I am flying out to visit my girlfriend the day after Xmas and I'll be damned if I have to endure any delays because of snow and ice.

My friend is the same way. He and I laugh over the fact that you know you're getting older when you hate snow. :grin:

I love snow so long as I don't have to go out in it. I love a cold, wintry day, serene and peaceful, a cool blue sky overhead and cool white snow underfoot. The refreshing cold breeze ever so often, the gentle silence - it's very magical. But when I have to slog through mundane crap and the cold and snow and so forth turns into an obstacle, I cease appreciating it much.

Tomorrow morning it's supposed to dip in to the 30's...brrrr One day though a move to a place with neither snow nor a million hurricanes a year would be one of my dreams come true. ;-)

You can move out to California then....we don't get the hurricanes

and the last time I saw snow at the lower elevations was some time

back in the early 90s, I think.....You just have to put up with the

occasional earthquake, mudslide, wildfire.....

:grin:

Oh, and it's been pretty cold out here, as well. Temps have been

dipping into the low 30s in the morning. That may be nothing to

folks from the Midwest, but for us, the last few winters have been

much milder than this, so the cold seems to feel a lot worse this

year than it usually would.

ah, snow. the one thing i hate about minnesota.

it's snowing right now, and we're supposed to get two more inches. :(

my car is currently half-buried.

Snow? I saw that once about 10 years ago. I live in Florida and we don't get any snow here. Heck, I've only worn a jacket like 3 days this winter so far. It's still in the 60's-70's each day here lately. :grin:

Fuck you Chad :loser:

:HaHa:

My husband is from Norfolk, VA he has never nor does he ever desire to move to a place where he'd have to learn to snowblow.

It doesn't snow there? My wife and I lived in Falls Church about 4 years ago and endured the most snow I've ever lived through (we got more at our cabin in the Idaho mountains, but not in one storm). We got something like 3 feet in just one storm and the total for a week came close to 5 feet. The DC metro basically shut down. It was awesome.

Somewhere we have a picture of our car. It was impossible to tell there even is a car in the picture. Just a giant mountain of snow.

Yes, it does snow there but my husband nor anyone he knows had a snowblower and many winters they might not have any and he lived there his whole life, well up until age 25.

Snow blowers are for pussies.

:HaHa:

Ok, I'm from Idaho and we Idahoans have a low tolerance for people who use snow blowers or umbrellas for that matter. Tough it out I tell you.

(Actually I found out why they use umbrellas after living in DC and then even more so in Costa Rica.)