Goodbye Jesus

Snow

Amethyst

:woohoo: We're suppose to get 10+ inches tomorrow.. I love snow! :wub:

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

We're getting black ice today, I'll take snow any day over that.

I think I would really miss the snow if I ever moved away. Yeah it can be a pain, but it makes me happy sometimes. Especially when it starts to snow when I am ice skating. Too many good memories in the snow to hate it. Although I did get arrested when it was snowing once.....

I have mixed emotions about snow. I don't really HATE snow, I just hate the conditions it leaves behind. Like sheets of fucking ice on the road. And it doesn't matter if you live up north where this is NORMAL. Every fucking year people act surprised that snow and ice is on the road, and they drive as if they just moved here from Brazil! Retards.

Plus too MUCH snow can cave in roofs and bring down power lines. Not fun.

But you can't tell skiers, snowboarders and snow mobilers anything. They love the white crap.

Ah, well. If I had to choose between shovelling snow and dealing with hurricanes for months, I'll take the snow. Snow isn't usually life threatening.

Now, if someone could just do something to keep the fucking temperature from dropping to MINUS 50 (you read correctly -- MINUS!), then I'd be a happy camper.

Now, if someone could just do something to keep the fucking temperature from dropping to MINUS 50 (you read correctly -- MINUS!), then I'd be a happy camper.

Does anyone else find it ironic that I'm experiencing a much milder winter in Russia than many of you in the US are?

I love snow so long as I don't have to go out in it. I love a cold, wintry day, serene and peaceful, a cool blue sky overhead and cool white snow underfoot. The refreshing cold breeze ever so often, the gentle silence - it's very magical.

Me too.

Does anyone else find it ironic that I'm experiencing a much milder winter in Russia than many of you in the US are?

Well, Minnesota is known for its winters. I suppose it depends on what latitude you are and if you're close to the ocean or not.

Well if you put down the vootka you would realize that it's nippy up there too.

:HaHa:

No, really I don't think it is weird. A lot of times I watch the news and I see that it is warmer in Juneau Alaska than it is in Chicago.

Well, Minnesota is known for its winters. I suppose it depends on what latitude you are and if you're close to the ocean or not.

I believe that St Pete is significantly further north than MN. We are on the bay of Finland so that helps. Moscow has been pretty similar this year though. We are still fluctuating between snow and rain. A lot of darkness though.

I have no love of snow. That's why I live in a desert!

Still very, very nippy out. Brrrr.

Merlin

I go to school in Tacoma, and I was upset when it started to snow. For me, it's more of a waste. I like snow when I'm vacationing, not on normal school days. Roomie, who's from Minnesota, was in proverbial heaven.

Then it melted and I started to miss it and wished it would snow again. Heh.

You're in Tacoma?

Cool

I'm right around the corner from you.

Merlin

:looks outside:

:sees snow:

:grabs a whole bucket of snow:

:dumps bucket of snow down back of Merlin's shirt:

:fdevil:

I do not understand this "snow" you speak of...

Snow is similar to rain. It is water that falls from the sky. But it is in a cold, solid form. That solid form is in tiny flakes, and when the ground is cold enough, the flakes accumulate to depths from an inch to sometimes a few feet. Sometimes, the snow stays on the ground for a while; sometimes it melts away fast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow

My old Bahamian roommate, the first time he saw hail exclaimed: Oh my god! Ice be commin' from the sky mon!"

Merlin

:looks outside:

:sees snow:

:grabs a whole bucket of snow:

:dumps bucket of snow down back of Merlin's shirt:

:fdevil:

I'm using your sorry hide for target practice. I have a couple dozen new spells to try out.... :battle::phaser::wicked:

:funny:

Merlin

Guest Challenger

Snow?

You get actual snow?

We got snow in the foothills around here last year, but ever since I moved to SoCal, I haven't seen REAL snow in seven years!

Snow, huh....I miss it, sometimes, but then I remember what shoveling it, driving in it, and the COLD associated with it were like, and I enjoy living in SoCal, where it's shirt-sleeve weather during the day, and perfect weather to stay home with hot chocolate and a book at night.

We've certainly had a lot of that "shirt-sleeve" weather, haven't we?

I'd trade some of this miserable, awful sunshine for some snow!

Anyone else hate snow? We just got dumped on here in MN, and are supposed to get about a total of 4-6 inches by tomorrow's end.

I got you beat. Last Friday (Dec 9) we were told to expect 6 to 10 inches. They were wrong, I have only lived in NH for 4 years and I have never seen it snow so hard, so fast. Within 9 hours we had 17 inches of snow. It took two hours to clear our 200ft driveway.

Forcast for this Friday (tomorrow), 6 inches. Damn! Winter hasn't even offically started yet! :vent:

IBF

At least people there probably know HOW to drive in the snow. In Tennessee it is like as soon as a snowflake hits the ground, people start smashing into one another. I don't want to drive in the snow because of the OTHER people.

I do love looking at snow and making snow cream whenever we are lucky enough to get any here...but because of global warming we actually don't get that much anymore (at least I think that is why).

Ain't it the truth! I live near Knoxville, and the already piss-poor drivers totally wig out when it snows.

Even in MN, it takes a while for drivers to get used to it. There are usually a ton of accidents the first time it snows. Heck, I spun out after that first snow fall, but I was on a side street and nobody was around.

Guest Challenger

Even in MN, it takes a while for drivers to get used to it. There are usually a ton of accidents the first time it snows. Heck, I spun out after that first snow fall, but I was on a side street and nobody was around.

That's what happens when we get the first rain of the year around here. Most people don't know how to drive in it, and the tow-truck drivers are just licking their chops in anticipation.

Snow?

You get actual snow?

We got snow in the foothills around here last year, but ever since I moved to SoCal, I haven't seen REAL snow in seven years!

Snow, huh....I miss it, sometimes, but then I remember what shoveling it, driving in it, and the COLD associated with it were like, and I enjoy living in SoCal, where it's shirt-sleeve weather during the day, and perfect weather to stay home with hot chocolate and a book at night.

We've certainly had a lot of that "shirt-sleeve" weather, haven't we?

I'd trade some of this miserable, awful sunshine for some snow!

It's been niiiiiiiice weather lately. I love it!

And no, I wouldn't trade any of this miserable, awful sunshine for some snow. Nope, lived with snow for the first 23 years of my life, had to shovel it, drive in it, and be cold in it. No thanks, no snow for me. I can go up to the mountains if I want snow.

Oh, and I almost forgot to say, we first got snow falling on Tuesday. It is now early Friday am (just after midnight). They aren't going to plow out the parking lot in front of my building until tomorrow when I am at work. Until then, I have several inches of snow to walk through on my way to the car, and to hopefully not get my car stuck in. And there aren't enough parking spots in the other buildings to go around.

:ugh:

Anyone else hate snow? We just got dumped on here in MN, and are supposed to get about a total of 4-6 inches by tomorrow's end.

I hate snow. I hate cold. I hate sleet and growing old.

Hey Amethyst, I'm in MN too. I haven't minded the snow this week, as my courtesy car handles pretty well in the snow.

Why am I driving a courtesy car you ask? Remember the ice storm 2 weeks ago? The side street I slid down was so bad even the cop had a hard time getting to me.

Fortunately no one was hurt, and I got the miss the big layoff announcements at work that day. I still have a job--for now-- but I am the only one left in my department.

Of course, it would have been easier to carry on with work if my hard drive hadn't crashed last Thursday.

Funny that all this should happen right after I leave the Church. I suppose if I had any faith left I would assume it was God's wrath smiting me. I must really be "cured" of the religion thing though, because it's not even giving me a moment's pause to consider returning.

Snow? I saw that once about 10 years ago. I live in Florida and we don't get any snow here. Heck, I've only worn a jacket like 3 days this winter so far. It's still in the 60's-70's each day here lately. :grin:

I'm from Michigan, born and raised for 18 years and I only miss it during the Christmas season. It is fun for skiing, sledding, building snow caves and tunnels, snowball fights, etc. BUT only for awhile before the drudgery of driving and shoveling and snowblowing comes in. I say that not from experience but memories of my parents. My husband is from Norfolk, VA he has never nor does he ever desire to move to a place where he'd have to learn to snowblow. My folks live in the Upper Nortwest of Lower Michigan and they've been getting pummeled and having temps below freezing.

I'm enjoying this Florida weather but Chad, where are you? We live in the NW panhandle and we've had to have the heat running the past few days until yesterday and today. Tomorrow morning it's supposed to dip in to the 30's...brrrr One day though a move to a place with neither snow nor a million hurricanes a year would be one of my dreams come true. ;-)

Ya well the panhandle is a good bit colder than where I live in Central FL.

Why am I driving a courtesy car you ask? Remember the ice storm 2 weeks ago? The side street I slid down was so bad even the cop had a hard time getting to me.

Sheesh.

I spun out that day, but it was on a side street and nobody was around. They are a bit slow on sanding down the side streets in my neighborhood.