Goodbye Jesus

Fuck White People And Their Cheerios!

Fweethawt

Ha-ha! Again, just my attention-grabbing titling method... *snicker*

Racial controversy over a Cheerios commercial?!? Yes, apparently so.

On the flip side, this video of 'Kids React', is awesome. These kids are great. And I immediately fell in love with the little girl in the green-blue shirt with the freckles. She is awesome, too! :-)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VifdBFp5pnw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVifdBFp5pnw

• Like 4

Holy crap, Fweethawt, thank you so much for this thread. The vid was something I needed with all of this media baited race war venom spewing around. 

One isn't born racist. Racism is learned.

What an awesome video.  I just loved seeing the kids reactions when they were told what the "problem" was in the commercial.

There is hope for the next generation!

• Like 1

I can't wait till we get bi-racial Bachelor and Bachelorette tv shows as well as Gay Bachelor/Bachelorette.

So when are we going to boycott Cheerios? At least I can switch from Cheerios to Twinkies thanks to Hostess.

So when are we going to boycott Cheerios? At least I can switch from Cheerios to Twinkies thanks to Hostess.

These kids make me want to by stock in the Cheerios company.

It blows my mind that people are not only bothered by this commercial, but bothered enough to complain to General Mills about it. Hell, as someone who is married to a woman of a different race, it offends me that now, in 2013, people still have hang ups about people of different races having children. If anything, there aren't nearly enough biracial couples on television. How often do you see one in movies or television unless their biracial relationship is the theme of the movie or television show? It's really fucking ridiculous. 

• Like 2

Excellent video! In my experience, this is true for most kids.

At my daughter's school, they have "reading buddies." Last year in first grade, she was paired with a fifth grade boy. (There were not enough girls in fifth grade, so she was the only first grade girl to get paired with a boy, which she thought was pretty cool.) Twice a month they would all get together, sit on the floor on pillows, and read to each other. Tyler read to her, and she read to him. We knew a lot about what Tyler likes to do, what types of stories he likes to read, how good of a reader he was, and how good he was with her when she stumbled on words. Near the end of the school year, I happened to be in the school office when a boy came in, and the secretary called him Tyler. I looked at him and said, "Hey, are you my daughter's reading buddy?" Yes. He was black, very dark skin, very obviously black. I was a little surprised because of all the things my daughter had thought to tell us about him over the past 7 months, she never once mentioned the color of his skin. She simply did not see it. That made me so happy. There is hope with these kids, I think!

• Like 1

Wait. People were actually upset about that commercial?? Like WHO? HOW many people were upset about this commercial. People are crazy, it was great seeing the kids reactions. I like the girl who was all like, "What? Was this recorded in the 1950s or something?!" LOL! 

The world is changing too fast for some people.  My father is one such person.  I feel a little sorry for them, even though they frustrate me at the same time.

I laughed, I cried, and I'm grateful for this video!  This was absolutely brilliant!

I saw that ad and didn't even notice the parents were different races. Yay for me. 

I saw that ad and didn't even notice the parents were different races. Yay for me. 

Same here. I don't know how many times I watched this commercial and didn't register the race thing until I read about the controversy. 

Yay for us? Maybe obliviousness is a good thing sometimes. 

Excellent video! In my experience, this is true for most kids.

At my daughter's school, they have "reading buddies." Last year in first grade, she was paired with a fifth grade boy. (There were not enough girls in fifth grade, so she was the only first grade girl to get paired with a boy, which she thought was pretty cool.) Twice a month they would all get together, sit on the floor on pillows, and read to each other. Tyler read to her, and she read to him. We knew a lot about what Tyler likes to do, what types of stories he likes to read, how good of a reader he was, and how good he was with her when she stumbled on words. Near the end of the school year, I happened to be in the school office when a boy came in, and the secretary called him Tyler. I looked at him and said, "Hey, are you my daughter's reading buddy?" Yes. He was black, very dark skin, very obviously black. I was a little surprised because of all the things my daughter had thought to tell us about him over the past 7 months, she never once mentioned the color of his skin. She simply did not see it. That made me so happy. There is hope with these kids, I think!

My oldest son's dearest friend is of Indian (not Native American) heritage and has dark skin.  The fact that his friend's skin is a different color does not even register with him.  That is a beautiful thing.

• Like 1

I can already taste the delicious butthurt when a commercial with a same-sex couple is shown in a similar situation.

Out of the mouth of babes

I can already taste the delicious butthurt when a commercial with a same-sex couple is shown in a similar situation.

Yeah that will be interesting....the religious quarter will go nuts.

Out of the mouth of babes

... and sucklings. -- Psalms 8:2

Those kids must be getting a sense of what it is like to be in a South Park episode. 

Cheerios are all obviously female. All living in sin while compressed tightly in a box, rubbing their bodies lasciviously against each other right there on the grocery store shelf. This orgy of Os disgusts me and is an abomination to the Lord!

At least they keep the Original Os in a different box from the Honey Nut ones.  yum.gif

• Like 1

Cheerios are all obviously female. All living in sin while compressed tightly in a box, rubbing their bodies lasciviously against each other right there on the grocery store shelf. This orgy of Os disgusts me and is an abomination to the Lord!

At least they keep the Original Os in a different box from the Honey Nut ones. yum.gif

I think its time you stop eating blue meanies.

Another mouth of babes story... When my daughter was 4 she was in a Montessori school, which attracts international families and non-traditional types. She was telling us about working a puzzle with a certain girl, but we were still new and I did not know the kids' names yet. I asked her what the girl looks like, so I could figure out who she was talking about. She told me the girl is tall and wears yellow a lot, and always has bows in her hair. This did not help me, so I asked what color hair she had. (There were only a few girls, a blond, a red-head, one with brown hair, an Egyptian girl with olive skin and black hair, and two black girls.) She said her hair was black. That narrowed it to the two tall black-haired girls (the Egyptian and the black girl). So I had to finally ask if she had dark skin. She said, "Yeah, duh, mommy!" She described everything to me about this girl but her skin color, and seemed kind of annoyed when I asked. Yay, kids!

• Like 1

Hold on.  So there's actually a controversy in the US over this commercial?  I feel like one of those kids now if true.