Goodbye Jesus

What Can You Do That Is So Bad That You Can Never Be Forgiven?

mydisplayname

So, I was looking to find something that will make the christians leave me alone.

I discovered Matthew 12. Here we have Jesus saying that there's one thing that we can do that is unforgivable. My thinking is If I do this then they’ll leave me alone since I can’t be saved anymore. Why would they waste their time trying to convert me after that. Jesus himself said I'm unsavable after doing that.

What could it be?

What can I do that is so bad that I can never be forgiven?

Murder maybe? No, I can be forgiven for that.

What’s worse than murder? Genocide maybe?

No, not that. I'll be forgiven for that. (Hey, Hitler might just be in heaven)

Ok, something worse than Genocide

In Matthew 12:31-32, Jesus says to the Pharisees,

"Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come"

If I speak against the holy spirit then I can never be forgiven

The holy spirit is ugly.

There. I just committed an unforgivable sin and can never be forgiven. So stop trying to convert me now please.

Wait.

What about the other religions? This just took care of one.

Ok - I've never read Islam scripture so this was a first for me. I'd like to apologise to any Muslims in advance, but your scripture is complicated and I will probably get it wrong. (It's still made up though.)

Islam's unforgivable sin: praying for help, guidance, and protection to anyone other than Allah.

I've done that back when I was a christian and prayed to jesus. Wow. I've commited an unforgivable sin so many times without even realising. No wonder they hate the Christians so much.

Ok. So that took care of the two major delusions in my part of the world. I'm not going to research other religions, but if someone can tell me their unforgivable sins then I will quickly go and do them. (Unless I'm morally opposed to them of course)

So, If your personal choice of religion includes any form of christianity or Islam then you can scratch me off your to be converted list. I'm officially a lost cause.

Feel free to insult the holy spirit and make yourself a lost cause as well.

• Like 2

What's also funny is that -- according to the bible -- one can not even call out to Jesus unless the holy spirit dwells within (or some such garbage).

So now that you've already committed the unforgivable sin and blasphemed the holy spirit, you would think that it would be entirely impossible to call out to Jesus, right?

Go ahead and do it just for shits and giggles. Call out to Jesus. I'll bet you can do it without one single bit of anything stopping you.

Why is that possible? Because the bible is bullshit, of course!

I called out to him and then proceeded to blaspheme the holy spirit further by calling it fugly. A minor improvement on my previous insult.

I'm doomed for sure. Many times I have pointed out that if Christians were really filled with the love of Christ and the Holy Spirit, they would not be the manipulative, greedy, lying, back-stabbing, jealous, evil bastards that they are. If Satan is in a battle for our souls, he seems to have more power than Christ's love or the Holy Spirit, both of which are supposed to be indwelling. So I suppose that claiming that Satan is stronger than those two combined is a bit of an insult to the Holy Spirit. I'm doomed!

• Like 6

What's also funny is that -- according to the bible -- one can not even call out to Jesus unless the holy spirit dwells within (or some such garbage).

So now that you've already committed the unforgivable sin and blasphemed the holy spirit, you would think that it would be entirely impossible to call out to Jesus, right?

Go ahead and do it just for shits and giggles. Call out to Jesus. I'll bet you can do it without one single bit of anything stopping you.

Why is that possible? Because the bible is bullshit, of course!

Oh, you can call out to Jesus all right... but you won't get any response since you no longer have the Holy Spirit in you. But I have to wonder, how is that non-response any different than the non-response we all got when we were filled the spirit in our Christian days? Just sayin'.

• Like 1

The holy spirit is so ugly, when it walks into the bank they turn off the cameras.

The holy spirit is so ugly, that Jesus covered it up with the Shroud of Turin.

• Like 1

Watch this through til the end. Laugh. Game over, hell-buddy.
  • Like 2

"Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come"

That's what still continues to floor me. That it makes sense, in the context of Christianity, that you can be responsible for the fucking Holocaust, or Jonestown, or the Inquisition, and yet still be forgiven because in your heart, you believe in Jesus and redemption. However, if as a frightened human, you question things WITH THE FREE WILL GOD GAVE YOU and feel very real and human emotions BECAUSE GOD MADE YOU HUMAN, then BAM. Cursed and burning in hell!

That's a huge WTF there. 

• Like 4

Good idea, honestly.  If anyone tries to witness to you, just tell them you blasphemed the Holy Spirit years ago and to just move on.  You cannot be salvaged.

showmeonthedoll.JPG

• Like 4

So, I was looking to find something that will make the christians leave me alone.

I discovered Matthew 12. Here we have Jesus saying that there's one thing that we can do that is unforgivable. My thinking is If I do this then they’ll leave me alone since I can’t be saved anymore. Why would they waste their time trying to convert me after that. Jesus himself said I'm unsavable after doing that.

What could it be?

What can I do that is so bad that I can never be forgiven?

Murder maybe? No, I can be forgiven for that.

What’s worse than murder? Genocide maybe?

No, not that. I'll be forgiven for that. (Hey, Hitler might just be in heaven)

The holy spirit is ugly.

There. I just committed an unforgivable sin and can never be forgiven. So stop trying to convert me now please.

Wait.

What about the other religions? This just took care of one.

Ok - I've never read Islam scripture so this was a first for me. I'd like to apologise to any Muslims in advance, but your scripture is complicated and I will probably get it wrong. (It's still made up though.)

Islam's unforgivable sin: praying for help, guidance, and protection to anyone other than Allah.

I've done that back when I was a christian and prayed to jesus. Wow. I've commited an unforgivable sin so many times without even realising. No wonder they hate the Christians so much.

Ok. So that took care of the two major delusions in my part of the world. I'm not going to research other religions, but if someone can tell me their unforgivable sins then I will quickly go and do them. (Unless I'm morally opposed to them of course)

So, If your personal choice of religion includes any form of christianity or Islam then you can scratch me off your to be converted list. I'm officially a lost cause.

Feel free to insult the holy spirit and make yourself a lost cause as well.

Don't think that will stop them from coming to save you. Christians will find a scriptural work-around. :-)

I don't recommend actually doing this but if you get a tat on the back of your right hand that is a simple 666 that should do the trick.  However you would open yourself up to hate crimes.  If there is one thing Christians are good at it's hate crimes which they think will be forgiven or are part of gawd's rye-chus-nuz.

omg the title of this thread  brings back memories.I tortured myself mentally for over a year as a naive young christian when I was 17  or 18 thinking I had committed the unforgivable sin.What a load of BS.It seems so surreal now as I type as a 38 yr old man.Why should a 17 yr old be so wound up in hurt in their thinking about such a thing at that age????? what a waste of youth.

• Like 1

Ok. So I blasphemed the holy spirit twice yesterday.

Let me put this into context. Yesterday I did something so bad that even the all forgiving Jesus said that there's no way I'm going to be forgiven for it. I did it twice.

Today I'm fine. Nothing happened.

You'd think he would be wrathful against me or something. I know, I know. Wait for it. Yeah, threatening an athiest with hell is like threatening someone with monopoly jail. Not really effective.

Ok. One last time: Your holy spirit is so fat, when his beeper goes off people think he's backing up.

Yeah, threatening an athiest with hell is like threatening someone with monopoly jail.

I hope you don't mind, but I am soooooo going to use this! What a hoot!

Yeah, threatening an athiest with hell is like threatening someone with monopoly jail.

I hope you don't mind, but I am soooooo going to use this! What a hoot!

I'd love to take credit for it, but sadly I'm not that original. Plus I think I screwed it up. Should have said:

Threatening an atheist with Hell is like sending them to Monopoly Jail as a punishment for not being willing to play 

Even better. Thanks!

Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come"

How interesting that we are allowed to do whatever we want and still be forgiven, including calling jesus a prick........ but if we speak against the holy spirit, we will not be forgiven......

See, I just called jesus a prick and I can still be saved. Wendyshrug.gif  Too bad for all of you who are going to hell.......rolleyes.gif    firedevil.gif

Oops, Margee, I think you meant that we are all going to Monopoly jail.    zDuivel2.gif

If the holy ghost and I played monopoly and he had to go to jail then I would give him a get out of jail card if I had one.

I mean, he impregnated Mary against her will. Imagine what he would do to his cellmate.

That's blasphemy number four for me. I'm truly lost now.

• Like 2

omg the title of this thread  brings back memories.I tortured myself mentally for over a year as a naive young christian when I was 17  or 18 thinking I had committed the unforgivable sin.What a load of BS.It seems so surreal now as I type as a 38 yr old man.Why should a 17 yr old be so wound up in hurt in their thinking about such a thing at that age????? what a waste of youth.

Yeah, me too.  I think I was a bit younger but I really stressed out about it at the time.  What an evil thing to put in the Bible.

• Like 1

I suspect all Christians who are so strongly tied to the doctrine of the Bible that they wouldn't conceive of doing anything that wasn't fully endorsed by the Bible are terrified of this passage that you cite, and all of them feel that their inevitable 'imperfections' might, uncorrected, be unforgivable blasphemy. But there is no definitive criterion to decide what constitutes being sufficiently 'corrected' as to not be casting an insult. Indeed, if the moment one knowingly acts - in however minor a way - contrary to the xtian dogma constitutes an insult, then surely there is no correcting it, and on the face of it all of them look doomed.

My conclusion, like that of many on this MB, is that strongly religious people are just terrified people.

God surely knows exactly the nature of the sentiments that people hold in their heart, and whether or not they amount to blasphemy via deliberate insult. For example, how he would look upon mentally ill people who, as a result of their illness, commit this blasphemy?