Goodbye Jesus

Religious Symbols?

Lycorth

^..^

Yeah buds, my tailismans read "A C P". Usually in the 11.25mm capcity, often in 9mm, or 9x25mm Rimmed

Automatic Colts Pistol, headstamp on the tokens I care to share with badguys when inviting them to join with me in a Ballistics Party.

They don't get the tokens themselves, just the lead and copper ends that are chemically cast at them at medium velocity.

Miracles of science and faith meet to make the scoffers believe in the POWER!

That or they get shot... Their choice if they wanna go home..

kL

Yeah buds, my tailismans read "A C P". Usually in the 11.25mm capcity, often in 9mm, or 9x25mm Rimmed

Automatic Colts Pistol, headstamp on the tokens I care to share with badguys when inviting them to join with me in a Ballistics Party.

They don't get the tokens themselves, just the lead and copper ends that are chemically cast at them at medium velocity.

Miracles of science and faith meet to make the scoffers believe in the POWER!

That or they get shot... Their choice if they wanna go home..

kL

Nivek, please don't make me choke. I am trying to eat my hebrew nationals without going to the hospital. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Rofl nivek! :funny:

Um... my religious icons seem kind of anticlimactic now. At least they probably wouldn't earn a noser...

Also, Mjolnir was in ancient times a symbol worn in defiance of the new Xian cult, and today is still worn in opposition to the spiritual enemy of Xianity.

Unfortunately, there are also braindead bigots who wear Mjolnirs because they think it's The Symbol™ of the Herrenrasse. At least here in Germany... those who wish hitler would return from Niflhel are, in some parts of the country, numerous enough that people will think "neo-fascist" before they will think of Asatru when they see someone wearing a Mjolnir.

That said, here's my style of Mjolnir, worn openly in defiance of both the jebus cult and the braindead hitler fans... and because I am an Asatruar :pureevil:

kleinode_silberhammer.jpg

^..^

I bought this pendant as a Christian because it was supposed to represent St. Patrick of Ireland.

Later I saw a very similar image on a pagan t-shirt described as the Celtic god Cernunous, the Horned One.

I still wear it cuz it's purdypost-1040-1135277637.jpg

A pastor friend of mine got a Jerusalem Cross for me in Israel. I still think it's pretty and it's also sentimental b/c it's from her. I used to wear it everyday on the same chain I wore my more traditional cross. Now it's just for when I need a nice gold pendant, and of course, the traditional cross is gone, stored in my jewelry box. It looks similar to this:

holylandshop_1873_26930921.gif

I don't wear religious icons very often. But when I do, I'll sometimes wear a simple silver pentacle, or else a silver Mycenean axe with a triangular garnet at the center.

I have a Mycenean axe tattooed between my shoulder blades. Doesn't count as jewelry, more like body adornment, but I guess in some senses it's like permanent jewelry. Fwiw.

Anybody know where to get a Mithras symbol? That would be cool.

Well, this link seems to suggest that there are about a gazillion different symbols associated with Mithras. Unless you had a particular one in mind, I suppose you could choose any of a number of icons to wear - snake, bull, scorpion, lion, etc.

Here's my tatt, added to the thread both so I can show it off ;) and also because it's a religious symbol and I'm permanently wearing it.

It's taken from an archaeological drawing of an actual axe found at Knossos. So it isn't actually Mycenean, it's Minoan. My bad.

Very cool tat, gwen - what does it mean to you? I'm not as caught-up on ancient Mediterreanean culture as I used to be :shrug:

Anybody know where to get a Mithras symbol? That would be cool.

Well, this link seems to suggest that there are about a gazillion different symbols associated with Mithras. Unless you had a particular one in mind, I suppose you could choose any of a number of icons to wear - snake, bull, scorpion, lion, etc.

Thanx for the link - a scorpion symbol would be awesome!

Maybe should wear a nice Buddhist swastika. That would get some looks I'd imagine.

Maybe should wear a nice Buddhist swastika. That would get some looks I'd imagine.

I WOULD wear a symbol, but I'm oppressed ...snif

I used to wear this Zoroastrian symbol on a necklace. It was a white gold figure of the Ahura Mazda, the winged Persian god of good and stuff.

I wore it to symbolize my Persian background (Im about half persian). Wore it every day for like 5 years after I got it, but for some reason i stopped wearing it. just sits in the jewelry box now. (i did have a feud with that side of the family not long before, thats probably part of it)

dunno if this counts, but now I wear a silver necklace with an alchemy symbol on it. guess its more fitting.

Very cool tat, gwen - what does it mean to you? I'm not as caught-up on ancient Mediterreanean culture as I used to be.

Thanks. :) The double-bladed axe (or labrys) was one of the primary religious symbols of probably the last Goddess-centered, largely egalitarian cultures left before the various pissy, warlike Indo-European types took over. It has a number of different possible meanings. First, it's thought that it wasn't actually a war weapon, but rather one used in animal sacrifice. It's depicted a lot on Minoan and Mycenean seals, usually in a Goddess's hand, or standing upright near the altar in Her shrine, or hovering somewhere in negative space in a scene involving goddesses or priestesses or whatnot, so it's very much associated with a/the Goddess. It also has visual similarities to the butterfly, which is a symbol of freedom and of the soul.

I had the fortune to actually visit Knossos about 10 years ago. Stylized versions of the labrys were carved into a lot of the foundation stones by the masons who laid them 3000 years ago. Interestingly enough, the word "labryinth" can be loosely translated as "house of the double axe". FWIW.

To me it's a connection with the last known full-blown Goddess culture. It's both a symbol of power, and a reminder that humanity was not always in a state of control and war and dominance, and that if we really got our shit together an egalitarian model can work just great.

Guest The Walking Fox

I have a "world tree" pendant, myself...

tree.jpg

Very similar to that, save that ht branches and roots are more treelike and don't intertwine. It symbolizes the upper world, the lower world, and earth.

I'm also planning to get a fox tattooed on myself.

Very rarely, I might back around a talisman pouch, or a feathered necklace. VERY rarely.

Oh, and I trake my drum with me when a whim strikes me :D

I've considered buying a star of David necklace because I love Jewish tradition and culture. I probably will when I get in college. If you want to freak people out buy a baphomet, the Satanic up side down star.

i got a big peace sighn and a pentagram inside a pentagram with red rubies i guess they are called on the points. i wear it with my tie dye shirts. i usually dress in my hippypagan style when im around other pagans in tupelo or birmingham.

i dont wear them in hamilton al were i live. all these christians would bug me to death about it im shure. id like to wear them their pretty and 40 bucks together and their just sitting in my cabinet.

mind if i rant a minute i hope not:

ya know if all these damn christians were crosses i orda be able to wear a pentacle. one time i did and a lady curled her nose at me. i orda curl my nose at crosses! what would yall rather see a beutiful star with red rubies or a cross?

they think a pentacles satanic well it just shows how stupid and ignorant they really are cause if they would do research the star pointing UP is pagan the star pointing Down is satanic.

I wear chinese fo (buddha) beads on my left wrist. Not because I believe, necessarily (the beads and incense thing plays more into the religious ritual aspect of buddhism, rather than the philosophy), but because they look cool and smell nice. I think they're sandalwood.

I've considered buying a star of David necklace because I love Jewish tradition and culture. I probably will when I get in college. If you want to freak people out buy a baphomet, the Satanic up side down star.

After I read The Satanic Bible back in the late 80s, my wife made me a tie tack tracing the pentagram on the cover of the book. That caused quite a stir!

I wear a unicursal hexagram around my neck. People who believe in Thelema as a religion use this symbol to represent the dawning of a new aeon, but to me it represents the 7 ancient "planets." I.e. the idea that the Earth (or one's home, self, family, values, ideals, etc) is the center of the universe.

unicursal-hexagram_1606_1.jpg

About once every three years I find my cartouche that says, "FUCK YOU" in hieroglyphics. I'll wear it for two weeks, then I lose it again.

Other than that, I'll occasionally wear an inverted cross. :shrug: