Goodbye Jesus

Please Help..all People

Matt

I feel sorry for my old youth group i attended, the guy teaching was er..lets say he was very uneducated and i knew more about the bible then him in two weeks yet hes going to bible college...I was teaching the class. It was crazy, a boy their was scared he was going to hell, for going bowling...serious...because u know when u get a strike a hot lady comes on the screen and smiles then it says STRIKE. He felt lust for her...and the guy teaching me told him he couldnt go bowling, unless he wanted to go to hell...extreme man extreme

I feel sorry for my old youth group i attended, the guy teaching was er..lets say he was very uneducated and i knew more about the bible then him in two weeks yet hes going to bible college

That's because skeptics will know the parts that christians don't want to discuss about :wicked:

That's what that site in my signature taught me. the bible used against the christians :lmao:

Heya Matt -

I can only add a very little bit to the great responses people have already posted here, and the great links they've offered. I would like to congratulate you on finding this site, and encourage you to keep asking questions. The very fact that you are willing to come here and post and ask stuff says to me that underneath the religious fear, you actually have a very sensible head on your shoulders.

There is never anything wrong at all with questioning everything. I think that's just part of human nature, plus you don't learn anything if you don't ask anything. Keep asking, keep reading, keep researching, keep at it.

Coming to a religion on the basis of fear is no way to approach it. It isn't genuine, and I know from experience that it isn't fulfilling. It's like being in a domestic violence situation: LOVE AND OBEY ME OR I'LL SEND YOU TO HELL!! I mean really, what the hell option is that? It's like somebody pointing a gun at your head.

You sound a bit like me when I first converted. I was 16 at the time and had just been raped; I was being treated as something dirty by my family, and was looking for a way to become "clean" again so they wouldn't abandon me, essentially. I converted to fundie Xianity after reading a book by Hal Lindsey, of all people. Fear of hell was a big deal for me too. I didn't have the sense to question it until my mid-20's. You're way ahead of where I was.

Regarding sources: I wouldn't take the testimony of serial killers as anything other than crap. One thing about serial killers is that they are master manipulators, and will say and do anything to get the response they want out of the people around them. They're utter sociopaths. End of story.

Do a google search on the psychology of fundamentalism. What you find might surprise you. And check out the booklist on this site. There are some good ones there. Most of all, though, take in everything with a critical eye. Ask yourself what you really think about information you get, from the Bible or from websites or whatever, and ask if it really makes sense. Most of the time it doesn't.

Good luck, and keep it up! :woohoo:

It was crazy, a boy their was scared he was going to hell, for going bowling...serious...because u know when u get a strike a hot lady comes on the screen and smiles then it says STRIKE. He felt lust for her...and the guy teaching me told him he couldnt go bowling, unless he wanted to go to hell...extreme man extreme

Christ, that would be hilarious if it weren't true! :Doh:

But that's the fundy mentality for you - a harmless little bit of titillation and biblegod's ready to burn your ass for eternity. Most people would simply be mildly amused and forget about it, but in a hysterical cult like xtianity your immortal soul is threatened by a pretty girl...oy vey.

I'm also assuming this kid was young like you - it wouldn't be normal if the poor dope WASN'T turned on a little by a hot babe at his age.

Don't listen to these shitheads, Matt. They will squeeze every bit of joy and pleasure out of your life with their religious lies, and you'll have nothing to show for it. :shrug:

Hey Peeps, Thanks for your responses, really appreciated. On that note jesus is lord scared the crap out of me about a year ago and 'led' me to jesus.

Matt,

To base your life on and beliefs on fear is the worst thing you can do. You became a christian because you fear the christian hell. Christianity isn't the only religion w/punishments in the afterlife for not obeying their suppossedly "true" strictures. What if they are right and christianity is wrong? You're actually worse off having been a Christian in that case. When you consider that there are so many of them and only one christian hell, which do you think you have a better chance of going to?

Now I'm not saying, "find the religion w/the worst 'hell' and follow that one to be safe." I'm saying the entire premise is flawed.

The best thing you can do right now Matt is educate yourself. Not just from christian sources, but from world history, philosophy and yes, christian critisisms. Ignorance is the friend of fear, banish one and the other will follow...

:thanks:

Hey Guyz, i was reading about a post of a person called brother jeff and how he was quite the christian debunker, yet now hes going back, all the way. I cant find any posts on him and his personal website is about jesus. Does anyone have a link to the post where he tell you hes turning back ot christianty, a good post when he was a Ex-c and er maybe explain a brief history on him. Im just curious. How someone with such logic and thought can suddenly get behind the Faith wall i.e where he calls people ignorant on his webby for 'hating' jesus.

PS im just coming off the christianity wheel and i have a lot of fear to deal with. good quote: nothing to fear but fear itself. In my case fear stops all logical thought and acceptance of anything to alleviate that fear (in this case hell), im slowly trying to come off that fear high, but posts like that shake me up ya know

great example there MM, thanks for digging it up

Well,

my take on all of this

christians have lost their f'in minds

and, I firmly believe that Pastor does it to them deliberately

that is what is necessary to keep them in the pews, paying tithes, and being dedicated

without which, Pastor has no kingdom

fear is widely used in the UPCI

leave the church and the devil comes for you

disobey pastor and the devil comes for you

failure to pay tithes leads to a reprobate state, and then, the devil comes for you

and the end result

they are all literally

damned to hell

no joke

it really happens, just like that

Beverly

wow, lol im quite excited, someone else who understands. Yeh i felt so bad i couldnt speak in toungues

Meh for the record. speaking in tongues is some freaky shit.... :eek:

Hey guyz thnx for the comments. Once again little things kinda scared me again...Mayb its true...Mum was in the shop and i had to wait in the car...got kinda bored and found a book about a pastor in shrilanka and he goes to muslim countries and spreads the 'word'. But it talks of how people in walking chaairs, people who cant talk, he even talks about eh demon of paralization. And these people being healed by the lord and stuff and about a week ago i was listening to the radio and they brought in a guy from America that exorcised people and the guy on the radio who wasd getting exorcised was saying how he couldnt say anything back to the pastor while he was saying all this in the name of jesus..blah. These things shook me up. Any comments on this stuff. Healings exorcisms. I also saw it on tv. Like african americans were being exorcised because they had demons from the pagan heritage in Africa. Your support is appreciated guyz, thnx

I think the mind is a big part of 'demonic afflictions'. It has been shown that if someone believes in a curse put upon them they might very well fall sick

From this Link

In the extreme, this phenomenon is referred to as “hex death” or “voodoo death.” The terms, which originate from Haiti, refer to a person’s belief that a curse has been placed on her. The hex death is often a self-fulfilling prophecy: Someone who believes in a curse might experience an intense stress response; the body then releases cortisol, which inhibits the immune system; and if the psychological stress escalates, it can become so great as to damage physical health. “Fear as an emotion is extremely powerful,” says Phillips Stevens Jr., an anthropologist at the State University of New York in Buffalo. “Victims can literally think themselves to death.”

Pretty much self-explanatory, the mind is a powerful thing!

DH

Hey guyz thnx for the comments. Once again little things kinda scared me again...Mayb its true...Mum was in the shop and i had to wait in the car...got kinda bored and found a book about a pastor in shrilanka and he goes to muslim countries and spreads the 'word'. But it talks of how people in walking chaairs, people who cant talk, he even talks about eh demon of paralization. And these people being healed by the lord and stuff and about a week ago i was listening to the radio and they brought in a guy from America that exorcised people and the guy on the radio who wasd getting exorcised was saying how he couldnt say anything back to the pastor while he was saying all this in the name of jesus..blah. These things shook me up. Any comments on this stuff. Healings exorcisms. I also saw it on tv. Like african americans were being exorcised because they had demons from the pagan heritage in Africa. Your support is appreciated guyz, thnx

A question to you

Have you ever seen a demon in your life?

Do you believe that Aliens abducted the people from Roswell and did scientific experiments on them?

If you answers is no, please think about why?

Kid, most of these made up, and you should ask for well documented evidence for their assertions.

remember extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof

Hey, yeh i inderstand but what gets me is why these people would lie, i.e the pastor and the couple with the strange smells in the house or in fact the person performing the exorcist. Like if they were performing these things knowing they are lying then wouldnt they be here questioning their faith. :Hmm:http://www2b.abc.net.au/guestbookcentral/entry.asp?

I am from Australia and a series was presented called John Safran vs God. the man travels to different countries trying different religions. The final episode he meets a man called Bob Larson, American christian exorcist. It was incrediably freeky stuff. Please!!!! read

GuestbookID=29&EntryID=171989 <People who are confused about it and short interview extract on what john safran had to say about his exrocism.

http://www.boblarson.org/ < The man who did the exorcism, freeky. Is their any ex-chrstians who have had an exorsm, or been exorcised. Please comment/talk

OOps the GuestbookID is wrong this is the real website

http://www2b.abc.net.au/guestbookcentral/e...&EntryID=171989

And what all the contreversy about bush and all his satan symbols....and what the heck it Satanists...as they seem kinda posessed..so whats you thoughts on satanists and websites connecting 666 with hundreds of things involving bush..i.e 911 and all this consipercey....freemasons n stuff

If the number 666 scares you, then the number 616 should scare you even more!!! Since they've found out that the original writings said 616 and not 666.

All associations with 666 is therefore false and misleading and probably planted by the Devil to fool all Christians to search for the wrong "number of the beast"! :lmao: Ain't that a killer. The Devil played april fools with the whole Christianity by changing an early manuscript to 666. Hail, Santa!

Hey, yeh i inderstand but what gets me is why these people would lie, i.e the pastor and the couple with the strange smells in the house or in fact the person performing the exorcist. Like if they were performing these things knowing they are lying then wouldnt they be here questioning their faith. :Hmm:http://www2b.abc.net.au/guestbookcentral/entry.asp?

I don't think that everybody who is coming up with extraordinary claims are lying. People can be genuinely mistaken.

But the question is that has the evidence convinced you?

remember the Salem Witch trials. Do you think that all those people who tried were witches?

Like i asked, do you believe that people in Roswell were abducted by Aliens?

I am from Australia and a series was presented called John Safran vs God.

Hello there Neighbour. I am living in NZ

Hi Matt -

Excuse me if I am repeating things already discussed somewhere, but I didn't have the patience to read all of this thread.

Anyways, Matt, I am your friendly neighborhood satanist. Boo. I've been a card-carrying contributing member to the First Church Of Satan for 26 years. If you want to encounter the subject sanely, go to their webste :

As your mouse arrow floats over these words, Demons will enter your body!!!

As has been said earlier, there is just no substitute for using your head. I like to make a habit of it. And the fruits of that are accomplishments that you can take pride in. So, tough it out, and don't let any Demons reach down your pants....their hands are so cold .....eeewww.....

I am from Australia and a series was presented called John Safran vs God. the man travels to different countries trying different religions. The final episode he meets a man called Bob Larson, American christian exorcist. It was incrediably freeky stuff. Please!!!! read

GuestbookID=29&EntryID=171989 <People who are confused about it and short interview extract on what john safran had to say about his exrocism.

http://www.boblarson.org/ < The man who did the exorcism, freeky. Is their any ex-chrstians who have had an exorsm, or been exorcised. Please comment/talk

OOps the GuestbookID is wrong this is the real website

http://www2b.abc.net.au/guestbookcentral/e...&EntryID=171989

Matt, as pritishd said, these people don't have to be lying. The mind is very powerful, if we focus on something long enough it will manifest in our lives. A perfect example is the fear you have been experiencing. If you look at the fear you experience in an objective way you will see that there is a link with the websites you've been visiting, or articles you've been reading, or shows you've been watching. Your mind takes these things and turns them on you and you end up feeling quite fearful.

The mind works this way in all of life, where we focus our mind energy is what will result in our real lives. This is why so many of us have been telling you that if a belief system is based in fear it is a dangerous path to follow. And that is why so many of us have been telling you that the best way to deal with your fears is to educate yourself (to educate your mind).

When you see things like you are describing it isn't because people are necessarly "lying" they may have gotten so caught up in negative and fearful belief systems that their mind is manifesting what they've been learning. Does this make sense to you?