Goodbye Jesus

How Do You React To Chick Tracts?

zuker12

Oh good lawd... I just saw the words "adapted for black audiences!" in one of the chick tracts.  Apparently the website has a category that's "black tested, jesus approved."

Thanks chick tract, that was a nice flashback to the 1950s!

I've not seen the Chick Tracts, but I used to listen to Warnke a lot as a christian, I thought he was funny. He used to record his ministries and distribute cassette tapes.

Any kind of christian cartoon is going to be like christians in real life. Impart the good word, share the values, save people. Am I right?

I LOLOLOLOLOL at them. Our good friend and atheism spokesman Dusty Smith reads one for us in this video.

Thank for this.  Dusty is fucking brilliant.

I've not seen the Chick Tracts, but I used to listen to Warnke a lot as a christian, I thought he was funny. He used to record his ministries and distribute cassette tapes.

Any kind of christian cartoon is going to be like christians in real life. Impart the good word, share the values, save people. Am I right?

If you want to get a taste, go here.

Be warned though - to me at least any humor in those things is accidental, the "message" they are meant to teach is of the nauseating kind. Keep a bucket close just in case until you know how well you can stomach them.

Jack Chick cosies up a lot to discredited conspiracy theorists. The Deceived (along with other Chick tracts against Islam) purport Islam as a creation of the Catholic church. Alberto Rivera has been discredited, as far as I know, as a swindler, but still Chick uses him as a source in his tracts,

What do you think? Is it a possibility that the catholic church created Islam?

That seems highly implausible; couldn't they have just used all that effort just to make more Catholics instead?

Yes, and the Catholic Church has been historically one of the most hateful organizations against it's enemies. They also caused a lot of harm to themselves this way. Of course nowadays they're more cuddly and gooey than anything.

Of course, it wouldn't simply matter if they had created Islam, that only means someone succeeded at a conspiracy. It is very implausible though, because as far as I know, Muhammad genuinely believed in his religious revelations. The point of contention is that he met a Christian missionary at a point in his life, and this has been a point of notice for Christians since medieval times. Also Muhammad's wife Khadija was supposedly a Catholic nun ordered to stage the presets for Muhammad's revelation. This is mostly coming out of Rivera's mouth, as far as I know. I'm still pondering if Jack Chick is really a genuine christian or if he is simply willfully delusional or wants to gain money with his tracts.

They scared the crap out of me.. they are seriously creepy. Their stories are crude and cruel and portray the world like it's the bad part of Gary, Indiana, at midnight… everywhere. I wouldn't let children see them. Seriously.. I'd burn every one I found if I had the chance.

They are like the imaginings/daydreams of Pat Robertson put into bad art. Nightmares.

• Like 2

With laughter. Mostly because I've never taken them seriously.

The Bible Reloaded has a playlist of them reading Chick Tracts with the tract art in the background. Fun stuff. Steve Shives and DarkMatter2525 have joined them on occasion. I keep hoping Dusty Smith will be invited to the party sometime soon.

I remember a picture of God on his throne with no face. For some reason, that made an impression on me.

Faceless god... now that you mention it... that reminds me of something that might explain quite a few things...

:lmao::fdevil::pureevil:

I had a complete set many years ago - they were provided so you could choose which you wanted to buy.

Never bought any other than that one set.  Even as a fundie, I saw them as a great way to discourage converts.

• Like 1

I don't see tracts very often, let alone Chick Tracts. Whenever I do, though, I immediately remove the rubbish and then put it in with paper to be recycled.

Even when I was a Christian, I thought most tracts were corny and some even misleading. I remember once removing a tract when I was a Christian because it said something like, "Why not give Jesus a try? If you don't like him, the devil will always take you back." As a believer I found that to be incredibly stupid, because you can't just try Jesus out like testing a used car, but instead you're supposed to completely believe in him.

Faceless god... now that you mention it... that reminds me of something that might explain quite a few things...

:lmao::fdevil::pureevil:

That thing looks like the spaghetti monster!! The Chick tract with the faceless god is This Was Your Life. You can read the whole thing on the Chick website. Hilarious!

That faceless gawd image appears in quite a few chicken tracts if memory serves. It's been years since I checked them out but I remember having seen it in a bunch of those pieces of printed shit :)

I LOLOLOLOLOL at them. Our good friend and atheism spokesman Dusty Smith reads one for us in this video.

Beat me to it. I have never laughed out loud so much at a youtube video in my life. Watching Jack Chick being mocked so beautifully is like the sweet vengeance of having your childhood bully's balls nailed to the floor.