Goodbye Jesus

Observations of some resident christians.

Asimov

We've had quite the influx of Christians on this board these past few weeks.

Some of them insane, like our friend acorn, some of them outrageously funny and preachy, like troy/lvdyou.

What I've noticed is that some of them come onto this board, claim that they're not here to cause trouble, or preach, and then do just that.

Then when confronted about their beliefs (as is natural on an ex-christian board), they get all defensive and judgy. What do you expect from people who dislike evangelism, and preaching? What do you expect from people who used to be exactly like you.

And then the gloves come off, the true face shows, and the same ol' tactics once again. Shifting the burden of proof (example: show me where it says homosexuality is right!), or logical fallacies, or refusing to even justify your belief!

Well Christians?? What exactly do you have to show your viewpoint is true?? Nothing! You have a book, and how you feel about it. You have no evidence, you have no logic, you have no reasonable arguments. All you have is your own emotionally driven mind.

Knowledge is justified true belief. You have no justification, you show no truth, all you have is belief. That's all well and good when it comes to closed-doors praying.

But it's not when you come to a forum about ex-christians, and you POST IN A DEBATE SECTION. Don't cry about your lack of ability to even justify your belief, I have something for you:

288535.jpg

Actually, Asimov...

I believe they use this brand.

shampoo.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Thanks guys!!! I needed a good laugh tonight!!! :grin::grin:

Actually, Asimov...

I believe they use this brand.

Does that have "no more tears"??? I don't think so!

Here is another problem I am seeing....

Some of the recent christians that have landed here lately are saying they are new to their faith....well, I CHALLENGE them to READ the OT and know what we are saying about it to begin with!

It's EASY to believe in something when it seems to be all good and people TELL you that it is...but if they would read and study for themselves, check out that OT with an open mind, I dont understand rationally how that system of belief wouldn't just collapse!!

Like a janga puzzle....

And hence, how the rest of us got here, LOL!

Does that have "no more tears"???  I don't think so!
Christian shampoo wouldn't be tear-free! If anything, it would deliberately irritate your eyes, and when you read the fine print on the bottle, it tells you that it's your fault that your eyes sting and that you need forgiveness for your sinful, tear-filled eyes.

Guest acorn
Here is another problem I am seeing....

Some of the recent christians that have landed here lately are saying they are new to their faith....well, I CHALLENGE them to READ the OT and know what we are saying about it to begin with!

It's EASY to believe in something when it seems to be all good and people TELL you that it is...but if they would read and study for themselves, check out that OT with an open mind, I dont understand rationally how that system of belief wouldn't just collapse!!

Like a janga puzzle....

And hence, how the rest of us got here, LOL!

Exactly, I was telling my wife the same thing, being a recent Christian and all, formerly didnt care at all. My wife was trying to tell my something about the End days and she was all wrong, but she was raised listening to other preachers and Christians opinions instead of looking in the Bible. Good point, there are a lot of people that hear a song and think it came from the Bible. Crazy. :HaHa:

Christian shampoo wouldn't be tear-free!  If anything, it would deliberately irritate your eyes, and when you read the fine print on the bottle, it tells you that it's your fault that your eyes sting and that you need forgiveness for your sinful, tear-filled eyes.

Or better yet, It would say:

May experience eye irritation in those lacking faith , of which will only be a mild experience of the Hell you're going to unless your faith gets stronger :HappyCry:

Guest acorn

Yes, asimov, we believe in our Bible and stand firm by simple "faith", just like you stand firm on your belief in "nothing". So, whats the difference, if your right then who cares. That should maybe be the mindset i would assume from someone that believes in "nothing". Whereas my mindset is to care because thats what my book says to do, Love the greatest commandment of all.

we believe in our Bible and stand firm by simple "faith", just like you stand firm on your belief in "nothing". So, whats the difference, if your right then who cares. That should maybe be the mindset i would assume from someone that believes in "nothing". Whereas my mindset is to care because thats what my book says to do, Love the greatest commandment of all.

Just one moment... I need to do a little C+P job.

I have difficulty restraining my temptation to revert to being an elitist snob by just saying, "We atheists, agnostics, and non-believers and such... we're better than you.  We can figure these things out.  We don't need to be told what is good.  We have empathy.  We can tell when an action hurts someone else."

Are you that mentally undeveloped that you need to be told to care?

More to the point, just because someone doesn't believe does not mean they don't care.

Yes, asimov, we believe in our Bible and stand firm by simple "faith", just like you stand firm on your belief in "nothing".

I believe in nothing?? Thanks! I was wondering when somebody would tell me what I believe in because, frankly, I jus din know!

So, whats the difference, if your right then who cares. That should maybe be the mindset i would assume from someone that believes in "nothing". Whereas my mindset is to care because thats what my book says to do, Love the greatest commandment of all.

Amazing. I'm with Crazy-Tiger on this one. You're one fucked up individual if someone needs to tell you to care.

Exactly, I was telling my wife the same thing, being a recent Christian and all, formerly didnt care at all. My wife was trying to tell my something about the End days and she was all wrong, but she was raised listening to other preachers and Christians opinions instead of looking in the Bible. Good point, there are a lot of people that hear a song and think it came from the Bible. Crazy. :HaHa:

Heya Acorn......

There's enough nasty things in the OT done by biblegod that kinda speaks for itself. I totally agree, one should study and research all of it themselves....the history of the bible and the whole ball of wax.

Yes, asimov, we believe in our Bible and stand firm by simple "faith", just like you stand firm on your belief in "nothing". So, whats the difference, if your right then who cares. That should maybe be the mindset i would assume from someone that believes in "nothing". Whereas my mindset is to care because thats what my book says to do, Love the greatest commandment of all.

Dude, you admit that your beliefs are based on one book. However, we base our thoughts and ideas on FACTS and PROOF. We don't need a book to tell us to care, because we can care on our own. We can look at an argument or a research paper or whatever and decided for ourselves if it meets the burden of proof. We are rational, where as you let others do your thinking for you.

You don't need the bible in order to love......right Asimov? :grin:

Love the greatest commandment of all.
You've just admitted that you're a robot. A robot has to be told what actions are correct. You are a robot.

You can't be commanded to love. Love is an expression of appreciation that comes from you. If something external commands you to love, then that emotion isn't from you.

You don't need the bible in order to love......right Asimov? :grin:

Hahaha...you're goddamn right about that.

Hahaha...you're goddamn right about that.

Hee hee....how bout a kissie then and we'll just show that love, now won't we? LOL!

:Love:

:grin:

Hee hee....how bout a kissie then and we'll just show that love, now won't we? LOL!

:Love:

:grin:

Hehehehe!!

This is some good love!

:wicked::wicked::wub:

The EXTRA strong Apologetic shampoo is for the legends of apologism. Only JP Holding and Kent Hovind and Ken Ham uses it and makes the skeptics go away.

Cost: At moment of super hardening of fundy thoughts and then can yuou pay the $1780 for it!

Can you speak Christianese? If so, you are elibge for it!

If there is one thing I hate, it is when I get accused of believing in nothing. What exactly does that mean? My girlfriend says that every time someone asks if I'm Catholic. "He doesn't believe in anything".

Actually, I believe in a lot of things. I believe life should be cherished, I believe family is the most important thing in the world, I believe in reducing the amount of waste we produce and recycling what we do use. I believe in woman's rights. In regards to Christianity, I believe it's all a load of shit.

I hate being told that I believe in nothing.

Actually it's the Christians that believe in nothing. Where is he? Hey thanks so much for coming into our lives God. We all invited you in and you never showed up...PARTY POOPER!!!

I don't beleive Christians are morally superior to non-christians. Morality and love are human conditions, not the work of God er sorry - nothing.

I would venture to say that us nonchristians would LOVE to be able to believe in a God...

I mean, WHO wouldn't love to have an afterlife? Especially one filled with peace and bliss and perfection? :shrug:

But not having that luxery of that belief system, based on the fact that biblegod does not exist, does not mean we believe in "nothing."

I have a lot of beliefs, they just don't include biblegod.

Guest MysticVoid

This mutant brand of Christer is one of the most irritating . They can make up whatever bull they want , twist it into pretzels and you will never make a dent in it with logic. You can show them in the bible where it says this or that, and they will just reinterpret it to fit whatever they want to believe or discount it totally .

I think there was a recent study that said most Christians believe the saying that "God helps those who help themselves." is actually in the bible. Pathetic. If you try to tell them they don't even know what is in the bible they keep pushing on people, they just get enraged or think YOU are the crazy one.

Lately I am having to encounter the even stranger edge of the mutant spectrum --The New Age Christer. This one thinks the bible might be a lie, and all the modern channeled stuff by anybody and everybody about Jesus is true. Toss in any fiction books too. You end up with a space alien married Jesus with 10 kids living in France who faked his own death. (And , by the way, he will be reincarnating as a woman to "fix" women. Aren't you thrilled about that? --Why not? What is wrong with you? )

Oh- I forgot to mention. There is a new Commandment that comes along with the new mutant Christer . I CAN BELIEVE WHATEVER I WANT. YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO BELIEVE. And that makes it so.

I would venture to say that us nonchristians would LOVE to be able to believe in a God...

I mean, WHO wouldn't love to have an afterlife? Especially one filled with peace and bliss and perfection? :shrug:

But not having that luxery of that belief system, based on the fact that biblegod does not exist, does not mean we believe in "nothing."

Hey Lisa,

Agreed. Science, rational thought and (wait for it) common sense have blown BibleGod to bits....It's funny how we are being told otherwise though...

Gotta love those fundies for trying.

Yeah. I think that Christians do not realise that if an after life actually existed, we would all love to go there. I know I would. But just because something sounds appealing, no matter how much I desire it, it does not make it true.