Goodbye Jesus

Observations of some resident christians.

Asimov

Yeah. I think that Christians do not realise that if an after life actually existed, we would all love to go there. I know I would. But just because something sounds appealing, no matter how much I desire it, it does not make it true.

Yeah, no kidding.

In the long run it is far more dangerous to adhere to illusion than to face what the actual fact is.

-David Bohm

They are the ones that belive in "nothing" becuase thier god doesn't really exists. As much as they pray, hem and haw, thier god is nothing, just like all the other gods they claim don't exist.

Yeah. I think that Christians do not realise that if an after life actually existed, we would all love to go there. I know I would. But just because something sounds appealing, no matter how much I desire it, it does not make it true.

Yep! And you know what else, you guys? I was absolutely bummed when I realized the truth about christianity being a sham. In so many ways I was relieved, but in other ways, I was devastated.

There went Heaven!!! Poof! Gone! :twitch:

No longer did I have this "place" to believe in to go to after I died, some wonderful place where everything was perfect. :(

I was bummed, I was angry, I felt a multitude of emotions. Did it hurt in many ways? YES!! Does it still? YES!!

Christians seem to think that we "want" things to be this way....no heaven, no bliss, no eternal life.

Of course we don't "want" this to be the case!

What happened (and I believe that I speak for most) was that we found out the truth of the matter,

and THEN had to face the facts, deal with it. Was it easy? Heck no....it's been rough for me.

I don't want to believe in "nothing" but the truth is that we are here...and then I really don't know!!!

I would LOVE to think there is SOMETHING, but just because I want that does not make it so.

I felt that I wanted to explain this to the christians on the thread that think we are some shallow bunch with no capability for deep thought or wishes or wants. That is not the case, it has been a rough, emotional journey. LEAVING a "cult" is not a fun thing....when your system of belief comes crashing down around you, it leaves you empty for a while. When you realize what has been done to you, there is even grieving involved.

Healing is long and truth is not always a "fun" thing either.

Hope this clears up any misconceptions that christians may have. :(

Here is a problem I (and others) have run into with some (not all) of the Christians here.

They are lazy.

When they have a choice between posting a rebuttal against an intellectual argument post, or an emotional argument post.....

Notice they choose to debate the emotional arguments nearly every time. While the intellectual posts which back up their positions with verifiable FACT are left untouched to gather dust on the thread.

How can we take you seriously when you'd clearly rather swap insults and emotional barbs, than actually present an opposing argument for the Thread topic at hand?

Of course some of you are whining that Christians are just getting slammed and insulted crudely in the Debate forum....those are the only posts you pay attention to. It's easier to whip out that "sword" with pages when the "sword" itself isn't being proven time and again to be blunt and flimsy.

And of course when the person who crafted the intellectual argument demands a real answer, it either never comes, or you whine that you are being persecuted, no one is listening to you (hint: we will listen to YOU not that damn book you cannot prove valid, big difference) and you take us to task on emotional outbursts that just a few posts prior, you were encouraging with vigor.

Such examples of Christianity are the very examples of religion changing it's tune whenever convienient, re-interpreting the bible whenever convienient, and generally turning tail when the whole house of cards proves flimsy.

Yeah....we really want to get back in line for that ride.

:rolleyes:

Hey!!!! When you guys quote acorn, it defeats the purpose of the ignore feature!!

(Hint, Hint...... Wink, Wink)

Actually it's the Christians that believe in nothing. Where is he? Hey thanks so much for coming into our lives God. We all invited you in and you never showed up...PARTY POOPER!!!

I don't beleive Christians are morally superior to non-christians.  Morality and love are human conditions, not the work of God er sorry - nothing.

:Doh: Wow, I never though of that! Brilliant.

Guest jdrobins2000

Wow, Lisa! That was like going through a time warp back a year ago, though still in it a little. Couldn't have said it better myself.

It just hit me (but probably not a new thought to many here) that the stages of dealing with leaving Christianity are probably similar to the stages of coping with a loss (the death of God?). I never thought of it that way until I was writing this post, but I just googled it, and found this site on it:Stages of Grieving a Loss . It was eerie that I saw aspects of my experience in each stage.

For those too lazy to go to the site, here they are, but some require a little explanation (bargaining?).

1. Denial

2. Bargaining

3. Anger

4. Despair

5. Acceptance

Denial? Oh, yes, I'll take two servings please! Funny that I actually was bargaining with God even while I could hardly believe in him. Ah, the memories.... And I certainly had my Anger stage for several months. I was wondering where the hell that came from.... makes perfect sense now. Despair was there, but buffered by the belief I was one step closer to the truth. Apparently I am in the acceptance stage now, as a lot of that stuff has quieted down and I'm getting comfortable with the new ideas, but we'll see how that goes.

Jon

Yep! And you know what else, you guys? I was absolutely bummed when I realized the truth about christianity being a sham. In so many ways I was relieved, but in other ways, I was devastated.

There went Heaven!!! Poof! Gone! :twitch:

No longer did I have this "place" to believe in to go to after I died, some wonderful place where everything was perfect.  :(

I was bummed, I was angry, I felt a multitude of emotions. Did it hurt in many ways? YES!! Does it still? YES!!

Christians seem to think that we "want" things to be this way....no heaven, no bliss, no eternal life.

Of course we don't "want" this to be the case!

What happened (and I believe that I speak for most) was that we found out the truth of the matter,

and THEN had to face the facts, deal with it. Was it easy? Heck no....it's been rough for me.

I don't want to believe in "nothing" but the truth is that we are here...and then I really don't know!!!

I would LOVE to think there is SOMETHING, but just because I want that does not make it so.

I felt that I wanted to explain this to the christians on the thread that think we are some shallow bunch with no capability for deep thought or wishes or wants. That is not the case, it has been a rough, emotional journey. LEAVING a "cult" is not a fun thing....when your system of belief comes crashing down around you, it leaves you empty for a while. When you realize what has been done to you, there is even grieving involved.

Healing is long and truth is not always a "fun" thing either.

Hope this clears up any misconceptions that christians may have.  :(

Heh, I think you've figured out why I've made myself pretty scarce. There are some major twatfungus characters that float over here and quite frankly bore me. I can only imagine how they make many of you feel.

Heh, I think you've figured out why I've made myself pretty scarce. There are some major twatfungus characters that float over here and quite frankly bore me. I can only imagine how they make many of you feel.

Bah...you shouldn't feel like your being harrassed on here by twatfungus people...We respect you, and I think that's all that should matter.

Now, now, you know I love ya. And the rest of you non-fungal folks ;)

Uh... um...

BigToe.. .could you ask the girl in your avatar to move her arm, please?

:yum:

Uh... um...

BigToe.. .could you ask the girl in your avatar to move her arm, please?

:yum:

:wicked::wicked:

Thou shalt not tempt thy resident Christian!

I don't think nude photos are allowed here are they?

I don't think nude photos are allowed here are they?

hahaha...that was a better answer than I expected!

I don't think they are allowed to be posted...but...they can be pmed!

:HaHa: