Goodbye Jesus

A Win-Win For The Faithful....hooray

Castiel233

Why drinking poison is a win win for Christians

The Bible says followers of Christ can drink any harmful think and it will not harm them, so picture this:

William Lane Craig at his next debate is offered a big ice cold glass of bleach (industrial strength).

He drinks it, and:

He lives (praise be to God, He truly works miracles, the world is converted and WLC is promoted to Deputy God)

He dies (praise be to God, truly this was a man of the Lord who has died as a witness to his faith)

He is dreadfully injured (praise be to God, truly this is a man of the Lord willing to die for his faith, God has moved the inner witness of the spirit to sustain his life )

Win-Win all round

• Like 1

You know, someone might just decide to take you up on that idea and try it...

• Super Moderator

He dies (praise be to His Very Own Stupidity) -- and all the rest of us win!  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

(j/k)

You know, someone might just decide to take you up on that idea and try it...

Hopefully one of the following:

WLC

Kirk Cameron

Ray "Banana" Comfort

Lee Strobel

Actually to any Christian reading my OP, please do not drink anything harmful, The Bible is lying to you and you most definitely not have any super powers. Seriously 

The Bible says followers of Christ can drink any harmful think and it will not harm them, so picture this:

William Lane Craig at his next debate is offered a big ice cold glass of bleach (industrial strength).

He drinks it, and:

He lives (praise be to God, He truly works miracles, the world is converted and WLC is promoted to Deputy God)

He dies (praise be to God, truly this was a man of the Lord who has died as a witness to his faith)

He is dreadfully injured (praise be to God, truly this is a man of the Lord willing to die for his faith, God has moved the inner witness of the spirit to sustain his life )

Win-Win all round

WLC would be the first one to proclaim that the poison verse was just a metaphor. 

He drinks it, and:

Win-Win all round

WLC would be the first one to proclaim that the poison verse was just a metaphor. 

Naturally. He's a slippery one that WLC, more oil than man, perhaps

To add:

Things in the Bible you don't like=allegories

Things you do like= The Gospel truth 

• Like 1

Guest Marty

I did this once when I saw JW walking around the block knocking on doors.  They were young girls maybe 13 or 14 (parent waiting patiently on the sidewalk), and I told them I needed to be sure they were true christians before I would let them into my house and listen to them.  I told her about Mark 16 and offered her some lemon scented bleach and they all refused to drink it, and she seemed baffled that jesus would say such a thing as she nervously flipped through her bible trying to find the passage.  I told her that either her jesus is a lier or she doesn't really believe what she is trying to sell me, but either way don't come knocking on my door and not be willing to do what her book tells her to do and then slammed the door.

jesus.gif

I think I posted about it here right after it happened, but it may have been the old forums.  I'll try to find it...

*EDIT*

Here is the original thread.  Sigh, so much has changed in my life since then…it was only 2008 but it feels like a whole other lifetime ago...

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/26258-i-finally-did-it/#.U95xpBbxVFQ

Guest Marty

I did this once when I saw JW walking around the block knocking on doors.  They were young girls maybe 13 or 14 (parent waiting patiently on the sidewalk), and I told them I needed to be sure they were true christians before I would let them into my house and listen to them.  I told her about Mark 16 and offered her some lemon scented bleach and they all refused to drink it, and she seemed baffled that jesus would say such a thing as she nervously flipped through her bible trying to find the passage.  I told her that either her jesus is a lier or she doesn't really believe what she is trying to sell me, but either way don't come knocking on my door and not be willing to do what her book tells her to do and then slammed the door.

jesus.gif

I think I posted about it here right after it happened, but it may have been the old forums.  I'll try to find it...

*EDIT*

Here is the original thread.  Sigh, so much has changed in my life since then…it was only 2008 but it feels like a whole other lifetime ago...

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/26258-i-finally-did-it/#.U95xpBbxVFQ

You didn't let teenage girls into your house, did you???

No, but I assume they would have asked if I let them control the conversation.  JW have asked me before.

Guest Marty

I never let any religious person in my home ever.  No matter what age.  Lol  Cops either, if they come to my door (which they have before), I go outside to see what they want and close my door behind me.  

Castiel, have you ever considered doing standup comedy? You've got the intelligence, and the tone I gether from many of your posts, you've also got the wit.

Your very kind, but I have a face for radio..........

Castiel, have you ever considered doing standup comedy? You've got the intelligence, and the tone I gether from many of your posts, you've also got the wit.

Your very kind, but I have a face for radio..........

See, there you go again. I think you are born witticist. (Did I just coin a word or mess one up?)

A born witticist....sounds painful!