Goodbye Jesus

Praise God! What A Blessing!

mymistake

If you have five bucks in your pocket and you don't spend it then you will still have five bucks in your pocket.  Praise God!  What a Blessing!   WendyDoh.gif

Likewise they might claim that the credit card bill that is lower than normal is a miracle because God deleted a few purchases off of there. My response is "You probably just paid cash for that item." Oh no! It was made on credit card and God deleted the charges! Praise Jesus!

So the merchant or bank got screwed. Praise god?! Wendyshrug.gif

So the merchant or bank got screwed. Praise god?! Wendyshrug.gif

God made the money go to the seller magically. The seller gets digital money that just appears in their account to pay for the transaction. The credit card company and the buyer don't see the charges at all.

We should put God in charge of Social Security.

Guest Furball

I remember when i was a christian, i had ordered some gospel tracts from that ray comfort guy, they had billed me twice (I am sure by mistake, i mean xtians don't really want ALL your money do they?) -anywhoo when i had called them back, this slick fast talking salesman, i mean christian customer service guy told me it was the devil that did it and prayed some super fast prayer to his father in heaven that it would get fixed. It did, but i found out it was the banks fault, not the devils. It's all superstition, paul mocks people in the book of acts for being too superstitious, yet the irony is the bible makes a person superstitious. -my 2 shekels worth

LOL - that made me laugh. Thanks!

Guest Furball

My mom does the same thing. She often says "praise jesus", "thank you, jesus", "thank you, god", "thank you, father god", and "let's pray for <insert good thing> to happen". She even says these things in front of me and the last thing to me even though she knows I'm not a believer anymore. I roll my eyes and/or shake my head at it. I also try my darndest to ignore it and/or hurry out of the room she's in so I don't have to hear more of it. And I close the door to the room she's in if that room has a door and that door can be closed so I don't have to hear more of it; although, I still end up hearing more of it to some extent anyway. Plus, I tell her that she can pray for the <insert good thing> to happen.

Every time I hear her talk about jesus, god, or prayer in the ways I stated above, I just want to tell her, "Stop it! Jesus and god do nothing for you or anyone you care about! So you're just wasting your time!"

My mother does the same thing. I just walk away thinking "whatever". 

I just encountered some of this the other day. Funny how I notice it more now that I don't believe it. The concept of worshiping something is also really weirding me out. Praying to a bloodthirsty storm god just to remind it of how loving, merciful, gracious and gentle it is? Myopic at best, and a dangerous concept.

Praise Jesus for the mundane. That girl needs prayer. God told me this thing and it reminded me of something else, so that means I have to do it now. Dear God thank you for things like electricity and hydro, which are actually not divinely inspired at all but we were taught that all good things belong to God (and therefore all the credit as well), and it's unseemly to look ungrateful. **funnily enough, about ten minutes after Mom finished praying this at dinner, the power went out and a hydro line broke**

Everything is orchestrated... I have been 'destined to meet' so many people who feel a deep connection to me, when really it's because I know how to make those connections quickly. This goes beyond the 'what a blessing!' headache that happens whenever I go to church. Quit blaming it all on Jesus, folks.

</rant> :P