Goodbye Jesus

Xtian Cliches

All Gods Fail

Here's a handy list of the most common xtian responses, courtesy of Pyscho Dave:

The Pathos or "I pity you, Fool! " group

These statements basically say that the Christian is a superior person who must have pity on all of the poor, lowly unbelievers.

(1) "I'll pray for you."

(2) "Jesus Loves You"

(3) "God Loves You"

(4) "I feel sorry for you."

(5) "Atheists suffer from a mental illness that makes them unable to detect God/Spiritual things."

(6) "Jesus still loves you!"

Read the whole list, and you will get a basic sense of what we hear a hundred times a day on the forums. :talkalot:

*edit by HanSolo*

Here's the link directly to the list (the one above goes to the home page): List

Too true, too true..... They treat us like lobatamy patients. Oh well we do the same to them lol.

For some reasons those that are told to turn the other cheek feel the need to get in the last word. Yeah, that all gets nice and lame.

I have to wonder what they would do if I responded in kind (I'll cast a spell for you...).

I nominate this thread to be pinned.

For some reasons those that are told to turn the other cheek feel the need to get in the last word. Yeah, that all gets nice and lame.

I have to wonder what they would do if I responded in kind (I'll cast a spell for you...).

:lmao:

Gee...I was thinking along the lines of, "I'll do a ritual, skyclad of course, and ask the Goddess to guide you in the right direction!"

*edit by HanSolo*

Here's the link directly to the list (the one above goes to the home page): List

Whoops - good call, Hans!

(1) "I'll pray for you."

These are my faves because I'm always thinking, "sorry for me? I'm sorry for you!" and,"you're the one who needs a few extra positive, clean thoughts sent your way so you can be open-minded, eh."

I can't feel sorry for them. Not anymore. I've got to save my sorrow for someone who is worth it, like a cyclops kitty, or all the people that have to deal with the shrieking fundie christian that just said they felt sorry for me.

Don't forget the "You were never a Real True Christian " cliche'.

Also "You didn't pray hard enough," "You just deconverted because you were hurt," and posting any references to John 3:16 or the 10 commandments.

Where's the Annoying things Xtians Say thread when I need it?

Here we go:

Annoying Things Xtians say

How about:

"You love sin and the world too much."

"You want to disrespect your parents, sin, and be rebelous."

"You never read the Bible."

"You don't understand God's love."

"You don't understand God's punishment."

"You don't understand...(insert something lame)."

I really don't like this comment:

"One day you will see that God exists"

That's so derrogatory, and disrespectful. It's almost like they're saying:

"You're stupid, and that's why you don't believe in God, but I'm smarter so I believe. And one day you will see that."

"You're stupid, and that's why you don't believe in God, but I'm smarter so I believe. And one day you will see that."

Yes, it's that same as saying:

I'm right and you're wrong and one day I will be proved right and you'll be proved wrong. You'll see!

edit: Hey, I just thought. We should have a thread. What Christians say=What Christians really mean.

It is. It's like saying, "Neener neener neener! My god will beat you up, and then you'll be sorry!"

(And for Dilbert blog readers, "Who is aggressor animal now? YSLE!")

The worst part is that the people that have used that phrase on me, were nice, kind, loving and really only meant well when they said it, but I got upset each time. Almost wanted to reply "One day you will lose your faith, and see that God doesn't exist." But I was a gentleman in both cases, since they both were women. The first one I got to start crying after 10 minutes of conversation, so I didn't want to add to her burden.

"This domain name expired on 01/21/2006 and is pending renewal or deletion."

Ruh-Roh

'For God So Loved the World that He Gave His Only Begotten Son, That Whosoever Believes in Him Shall Not Perish But Have Everlasting Life' - Christ Jesus.

'For God So Loved the World that He Gave His Only Begotten Son, That Whosoever Believes in Him Shall Not Perish But Have Everlasting Life' - Christ Jesus.

I hear this often when people tell me about God's® unconditional love™, upon which I just spontaneously burst out laughing and ask them: which part of "Whosoever Believes" is unconditional?

Still waiting ...

hahahaa

Well that's certainly informative. Why don't you try honestly answering the question? :shrug:

Here's a handy list of the most common xtian responses, courtesy of Pyscho Dave:

The Pathos or "I pity you, Fool! " group

These statements basically say that the Christian is a superior person who must have pity on all of the poor, lowly unbelievers.

(1) "I'll pray for you."

(2) "Jesus Loves You"

(3) "God Loves You"

(5) "Atheists suffer from a mental illness that makes them unable to detect God/Spiritual things."

(6) "Jesus still loves you!"

Read the whole list, and you will get a basic sense of what we hear a hundred times a day on the forums. :talkalot:

*edit by HanSolo*

How about this: I love you, my brother and/or sister.

Nope, don't get that one very often. :grin: We have gotten it before, though very rarely.

Seriously, the average xtian response is right in that list.

Nope, don't get that one very often. :grin: We have gotten it before, though very rarely.

Seriously, the average xtian response is right in that list.

That is one I usually use when speaking with everyone outside of work.

That is one I usually use when speaking with everyone outside of work.

That is because you are... SUPERXTIAN! AHHH let's run away, we're evildoers and he'll bring us in jail!!

I mean.

You love me so much that you are convinced I am a dirty sinner, impure from the very moment of my birth because of adam and eve, two people that have absolutely nothing to do with me.

If you loved me, wouldn't you think that I am a worthy person, deserving of love and happiness after my death even if I didn't choose to worship your divinity?

I hear this one from time to time, and it always make me chuckle. A very general, diffuse feeling of benevolence toward people is not love. It is not eros, phileo, and it is most certainly not agape. It is ludicrous for people to walk around telling others that they love them. It is the emptiest of platitudes, and devoid of all meaning.

In other words, a perfect Christian catchphrase.

I hear this one from time to time, and it always make me chuckle. A very general, diffuse feeling of benevolence toward people is not love. It is not eros, phileo, and it is most certainly not agape. It is ludicrous for people to walk around telling others that they love them. It is the emptiest of platitudes, and devoid of all meaning.

In other words, a perfect Christian catchphrase.

:goodjob: