Goodbye Jesus

Jesus Return

Guest confused2501

Guest confused2501

I HAVE A QUESTION. IF ANYONE CAN ANSWER PLEASE DO. THEY SAY JESUS WILL RETURN FROM THE SKY. IF THAT IS SO WITH ALL THE TECHNOLOGY WE HAVE WANT WE SEE HIM COMING BEFORE HE GETS HERE. THEY SAY HE WILL COME LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT, BUT IF IT IS NIGHT HERE THEN IT IS DAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. IS HE GOING TO GO BY REGIONS OR IS THIS GOING TO HAPPEN ALL AT ONCE. CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS FOR PLEASE

I HAVE A QUESTION. IF ANYONE CAN ANSWER PLEASE DO. THEY SAY JESUS WILL RETURN FROM THE SKY. IF THAT IS SO WITH ALL THE TECHNOLOGY WE HAVE WANT WE SEE HIM COMING BEFORE HE GETS HERE. THEY SAY HE WILL COME LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT, BUT IF IT IS NIGHT HERE THEN IT IS DAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. IS HE GOING TO GO BY REGIONS OR IS THIS GOING TO HAPPEN ALL AT ONCE. CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS FOR PLEASE

Well, no one knows, and all we can do to be on the safe side is drop to our knees whenever we can and shout out praise and glory to god and beg not to be forsaken. That's your best bet.

it'll all be done with mirrors. LOL

If Rael is correct, they'll be coming on a space ship

Ow.... My eyes....... PLEASE DON'T DO THIS! IT IS HIGHLY ANNOYING AND IT MAKES TEXT REALLY HARD TO READ.

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Hey Confused,

Just check out the "Left Behind" movies and they will explain all you biblical prophecy questions. It's like "Prophecy 101"!

FIRST OF ALL, TYPING IN UPPERCASE LIKE THIS IS LIKE SHOUTING! MY VIRTUAL EAR HURTS! PLEASE USE REGULAR LOWER CASE INSTEAD!

Interesting, I haven't heard this question in many, many years.

Actually, there is an answer to that. It says "like a", it's just a comparison, it's an analogy. It's supposed to mean that he would come unexpected, not necessarely at night or being a thief.

Secondly, in the same verses it talks about people taken away from the fields while they're working. So it's supposed to be during daytime.

But, I don't think he's coming back anyway, so it doesn't matter.

THEY SAY JESUS WILL RETURN FROM THE SKY.

Jesus is coming back? Did he forget his hat or something?

wouldn't Jesus have burned up flying through our atmosphere or suffocated. I hope he didn't get to close to the sun.

What about His clothes? Wouldn't they have gotten ripped off by the wind? Did the disciples get a cheap thrill when the Lard magically floated up into the sky? Did He freeze to death and have to Magically Undeaden Himself again way up in the Sky?

Don't you know? Zombies can't die again or freeze. You have to shoot them in the head to kill them.

I HAVE A QUESTION. IF ANYONE CAN ANSWER PLEASE DO. THEY SAY JESUS WILL RETURN FROM THE SKY.

Return?

Gee, I don't know. I'm like the apostle Paul:

still waiting for the first appearance.

Guest confused2501

Sorry for the caps, but no one answered the question about seeing him coming. is he suppose to just appear or descend from heaven

I don't think the Bible is clear on that point. And according to Revelations, it's seems more like the Christians are supposed to be jacked up in the sky rather than Jezombie comming down.

The new Jerusalem is supposed to descend though, IIRC.

But it's all fantasy literature, so what difference does it make?

Will Mohammed be re-born by a shiite or a sunni muslim? Speculations that no one can answer, and have no validity anyway.

Jesus himself said that he would return while that generation was still living. As for worrying about being able to see him coming with telescopes, etc. Jesus and his disciples had no clue as to the vastness of space and the size of stars. Revelation has the stars falling to earth from the heavens. Since the smallest star would dwarf the planet Earth many times over, it is quite evident that Revelation and the entire NT is just so much mature male bovine manure. Below is the verses that show Jesus intended to return while that generation lived. He didn’t, it is 2000+ years later, so he is nothing more than a false prophet.

Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Mark 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

13:27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

13:28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:

13:29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.

13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Luke 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

21:29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;

21:30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.

21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

John 21:22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

Heimdall :yellow:

Good post, Heimdall.

That is the point, isn't it?

When you read in the gospels or the epistles that Jesus is coming soon, you mustn't read it through your eyes. These things were written two thousand years ago.

The backpedaling is evident in the writings, even back then.

In James, Chapter 5, we have this:

Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. 8You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near.

From 2 Peter Chapter 3:

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness.

1 John 2:

Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

So, then. We knew it was the last hour 2,000 years ago. And yet christians still watch the clouds and pray for Jesus' return.

Watch the clouds, christians. At least when you're busy doing that, you're not pestering the rest of us who try to utilize our brains and attempt to excercise rational thinking.

Watch the clouds, christians. At least when you're busy doing that, you're not pestering the rest of us who try to utilize our brains and attempt to excercise rational thinking.

Well spoken good and faithful comrade! :wicked: - Heimdall :yellow:

Sorry for the caps, but no one answered the question about seeing him coming. is he suppose to just appear or descend from heaven

he'll be in a ship with this logo

eg5-raelian-swastika.jpg

WANT WE SEE HIM COMING BEFORE HE GETS HERE.

Yes. Jesus will be spotted on radar by most of the advanced countries on earth, as he makes his way into our earth's atmosphere. At that point he'll likely be classified as a UFO, or possibly a nuke or other WMD from an enemy country. My guess the US will go into DEFCON 1 and Jesus will be shot down as a hostile act of aggression (possibly from Iran or N. Korea) before he lands on earth.

In other words, anyone who believes Jesus is coming back needs their head examined, IMO.

And, the US government will cover it up like Roswell. Heck, if we are lucky someone will make a video of the autopsy. A thousand years of book writing will follow. Some will claim a government cover-up, while the true™ believers will claim it as historical fact. Conspiracy theorists will use it to advance their political agenda, and the faithful will use it as “proof” to re-re-re-re-interpret Revelation because it clearly doesn’t fit the facts (never has).

Either way, they will all have a go at it, while the rationally minded will be the only people seeing this for the same bullshit as the original claim about a guy that supposedly left earth on a cloud somewhere in the middle east, while the poor assholes on the southern tip of Africa had to wait until 1652 before the first white European was called (by God) to FINALLY preach the good news of Jesus Christ to them. And just to sodden HELL with all those who had to wait 1600 years to finally get God wonderful revelation of love, peace and reconciliation. After all, God can only manage one language at a time, ever since the first snake opened her mouth. Now he uses lexicons and concordances to speak to us.

:Wendywhatever:

:( Heck, it was Roswell! :HaHa:

They killed Jezombie, and burried him in Area 51.

They killed Jezombie, and burried him in Area 51.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yep, that's why he won't be back any time soon. But it's their own fault, they caused it, so they're just reaping what they sowed.

Well according to this verse,

In Matt. 16:28, Jesus says, "Verily I say unto thee, there are some standing here, who shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in His kingdom."

Meaning, those that were there when he was speaking, would not die until he has returned..... well, either he has already returned or we have some very old, shriveled up people over 2, 000 years old still around waiting?

Seriously, when I was a christian, I wondered that myself. I also wondered how every eye would see him. Some christians believe that through the television everyone will see him come. However, if he is suppose to come as a thief in the night, how are we suppose to see him? It is just one huge mess. I was always under the impression, in my christian daze, he was suppose to return the same way he left, he ascended into heaven, suppose to return descending from heaven.

Or you could look at the nearly identical verse from Mark:

9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

I haven't seen any 2000 year old Apostles running around recently....Guess he lied! You know the punishment for being a false prophet, don't you? Stoning! :wicked: - Heimdall :yellow:

Or you could look at the nearly identical verse from Mark:

9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

I haven't seen any 2000 year old Apostles running around recently....Guess he lied! You know the punishment for being a false prophet, don't you? Stoning! :wicked: - Heimdall :yellow:

Someone is gonna get pelted! lol

I have read somewhere on a christian site that he was meaning a different kingdom. There is an earthly one and a heavenly one.... :Wendywhatever:

Just like the term "last days", christians say that in heaven, one day equals to 1,000 or 2,000 years on earth (Can not remember the exact quote, sorry) so that explains why it is the "last days", because it is heavenly days he was speaking of. But that never did explain to me why the apostles believed they would see it happen huh? Maybe because of the verse that we mentioned. So much for a different kingdom theory.

You could always believe like a Jehovah Witness, he came back invisibly in 1914 according to them.. lol