Goodbye Jesus

Could Christianity Be The Real Deal?

Metroplex

You know, I was changed a lot by going through a fire. I lost a friend and housemate who had committed suicide. By religion's logic, something that worked for one person must work for everyone. Then everyone should set fire to their homes (please note, I am NOT seriously recommending that, do NOT try it at home!).

I changed because I deconverted for good, from a liberal Christian. I realized that a loving and kind god would not allow my housemate to murder himself so that he could be tortured in hell forever so that I could survive. (Everyone told me the "it's all in god's plan" excuse.)

Yes, bad things had happened to me before, I had lost my mother to cancer, but I was blinding myself by trying to use mental gymnastics to keep believing in the religion anyway.

After about a year or so of personal searching, reading up on a lot of books, etc., I realized that there was no evidence for any of it to be real. My life was mine to live, not god's, not anyone else's. Whatever happened was my responsibility, and I should take charge of my own life.

An event that has nothing to do with religious conversion can and will change people's lives. Religion doesn't have to do it.

Could Christianity Be The Real Deal?, People get changed...

See the site in my signature to find out for sure.