Goodbye Jesus

To Christians: Give Up On The World Ending?

willybilly30

i was thinking how its now the year 2006 the world still is just as it was in 2000

i remember in 1999 think the worlds gonna end im gonna see my dad again all the deads gonna come back bla bla bla. tbn my favorite channel said the world would end in 2000. boy i was a big time gullible christian back then damn!

january 1st 2000: it was a beutiful sunny day

then before 2001: i thought i bet now its gonna happen gods was just testing us last year to see if we still believe.

i decided to look up on the net end of the world. damn just about ever 1000 years threw out history peoples set dates for the end of the world.

its now the year 2006 of febuary gods 5 years late why tbn isnt out of buisness i dont know.

also the fact jesus told some of his deciples they wouldnt see death till the world ended. damn they must be really damn old why ant these 2000 year old men on tv or something.

every war in isreals is supponsingly signalling the end of the world, ever time the goverment does something bad, every natural distaster i remember the crap i used to hear on tbn. shit like this has probally been happening since the cave men days and its never brought the end of the world.

so give up yet?

good grief has ever fundy got me on iggy now?

no one will dare try to debate with me.

does my little devil avar scare you, or maybe my sigline.

tell me so i can tell the others im sure people on here would love to know lol

Willy, I'm not interested in point-for-point debating much of anything here anymore. But I will say that if you misinterpret who "this generation" is describing, you can miss the whole show.

The Russia/Persia/Arab aliiance is hardly fading away. Daniel's Iron/Clay Roman incarnation is right there in full view. Korea and China alone can field the troops necessary to qualify as the eastern kings. Do some research on UN resolutions. The preoccupation with Israel is completely irrational. But it's a dead match for "I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about.....in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people".

I would not sleep well at night if my world view did not comfortably accomodate anomalies like these and I was on the srong side of them.

I would not sleep well at night if my world view did not comfortably accomodate anomalies like these and I was on the srong side of them.

Don't worry you are not alone. The muslim share a similar eschatology with you. So someone on the other side of the world must be thinking, "wow I am in right religion"

Willy, I'm not interested in point-for-point debating much of anything here anymore. But I will say that if you misinterpret who "this generation" is describing, you can miss the whole show.

The Russia/Persia/Arab aliiance is hardly fading away. Daniel's Iron/Clay Roman incarnation is right there in full view. Korea and China alone can field the troops necessary to qualify as the eastern kings. Do some research on UN resolutions. The preoccupation with Israel is completely irrational. But it's a dead match for "I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about.....in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!*#&$!*#$*@$*&*%#@

You know what's so funny? I puked up the same filthy diatribe when I was a christian. I'm glad you came along and reiterated what I've said years before: it reaffirms my outright disdain for the epitome of ignorance that is christianity.

PS - In the last 24 hours, I slept 17. Like a newborn baby.

Man, if we added up the times people thought the world was about to end we would've been destroyed thousands of times over by now. Not just xtians, but almost every other religion out there has predicted the end of the world.

I always liked the Sub Genius approach - they claimed the world would end in 1999. Now they claim the world DID end in 1999 - but nobody noticed!

bobskull_beware-.gif

You know, if every day a person says "today the world will end", then some day some person will be right! Personally, I hope it happens in a 'Hitchhiker's Guide' fashion, some aliens blow it up to make room for a interstellar highway.

:49:

There are terms for 'comfortably accomodating anomalies': 'supression' and 'delusion' are just a couple. Jerusalem has always been a troublesome place, so this is hardly a prophecy. The big trouble with believing garbage like this, is that you are letting some guy (in this case, an unknown cleric) tell us what our future has to be. We need to me in the mindset that we make our own future, and we are not bound to fulfill the prophecies of some narcisistic mystic.

I had an interesting thought about this more 20th century, Hal Lindsey style of scatology the evangelicals have been promoting over the last 100 years: With people like Bush and others indoctrinated with modern evangelical thought, that they actually could create a self-fulfilled prophecy and "Armageddon" could actually happen because they made it happen!

But here's the catch: Millions of people would be dead, bloodshed, disease, poverty, misery, BUT: no Jesus coming back; no rapture; no millennial reign of some messiah- just death and nothing more. Then world would be left to pick up the pieces and go on with life as best we could. No God saving the day, because they created the whole damned thing because they believed it would come true!

The evangelicals would be left working out the particulars and creating new ways to keep telling people that Jesus is still going to come, but most people would start to realize that it was that very fucking mindset that led the world to this! If you believe something strong enough, you can make it happen. Evangelical Christianity loves this shit and they want to see it happen. They just might get their wish, but without their salvation at the end they selfishly hoped for, just bloodshed and the deaths of millions.

I had an interesting thought about this more 20th century, Hal Lindsey style of scatology the evangelicals have been promoting over the last 100 years: With people like Bush and others indoctrinated with modern evangelical thought, that they actually could create a self-fulfilled prophecy and "Armageddon" could actually happen because they made it happen!

But here's the catch: Millions of people would be dead, bloodshed, disease, poverty, misery, BUT: no Jesus coming back; no rapture; no millennial reign of some messiah- just death and nothing more. Then world would be left to pick up the pieces and go on with life as best we could. No God saving the day, because they created the whole damned thing because they believed it would come true!

The evangelicals would be left working out the particulars and creating new ways to keep telling people that Jesus is still going to come, but most people would start to realize that it was that very fucking mindset that led the world to this! If you believe something strong enough, you can make it happen. Evangelical Christianity loves this shit and they want to see it happen. They just might get their wish, but without their salvation at the end they selfishly hoped for, just bloodshed and the deaths of millions.

And some people don't believe in magic... :HaHa:

The whole idea of evil existing is just that...an idea. And behold, there is evil in the world!

i dont know anything about those things. but its nothing knew. stuff like thats been happening for years and years just by diffrent people.

Many times I've heard our pastor say, "humanity is quite capable of bring on Armageddon". :( Sad, but very true. Fundamentalists - of all religions - have all the necessary means and technology and knowledge to bring the world - as we know it - to an end. :(

Many times I've heard our pastor say, "humanity is quite capable of bring on Armageddon". :( Sad, but very true. Fundamentalists - of all religions - have all the necessary means and technology and knowledge to bring the world - as we know it - to an end. :(

Makes me sad too, I love life...however, I'm going to do like the song and put on a :grin: face.

Well, thanks alot! Now I'm singin' that song. :HaHa:

But I will say that if you misinterpret who "this generation" is describing, you can miss the whole show.

Ok, I give up TX. How do you interpret "this generation" as something other than "the generation of people I'm speaking to now." :shrug:

Makes me sad too, I love life...however, I'm going to do like the song and put on a :grin: face.

Oh great! Thanks, me too! Think Brady Bunch song, think Brady Bunch song.... :wicked:

Oh great! Thanks, me too! Think Brady Bunch song, think Brady Bunch song.... :wicked:

Aaaarrrggghhhh! :eek::grin:

"The muslim share a similar eschatology with you."

No, they do not.

===========

"Fundamentalists - of all religions - have all the necessary means and technology and knowledge to bring the world - as we know it - to an end"

Fundamentalists have nothing to so with any of it. All of it has to do with a covenant between God and one man, and that man's descendants. The prophecies are not self-fulfilling. What will happen will occur as proof. It takes no less than God to steer history.

In the book of Daniel, there is a period of seventy seven-year weeks having to do with the Israel. Sixty-nine of these are historical, the last one is still on the table. Right now, we are in a period called the "times of the Gentiles". It is the period between the first and second advents. The duraton of this age is about two thousand years or two millenial days. When it ends, the last seven year week will begin. It will be an amazing time. Billions of people will be caught up in overwhelming delusion. (You folks who demand "proof" are gonna get what you asked for, but from exactly the wrong source). The world will be rid of your anathema. Christianity will be non-existent, but a sweeping, irresistable system will fill the vaccuum. It will be an a twisted religious amalgum revolving around one personality. Participation will be mandatory and anyone who refuses will be executed. (My personal theory about the world religion is that it could spring from some "we're all in this together" type faith such as the Bahai's who acknowledge Moses, Krishna, Christ, Buddha, Muhammed and others, all as "enlightened" figures). But the antichrist will be a marvel to behold. You will have never seen charisma like this guy will have.

There is still a lot of staging that will occur. Some of it is quite sad to contemplate.

All the mewing and nail-biting is not going to make this all go away.

"Ok, I give up TX. How do you interpret "this generation" as something other than "the generation of people I'm speaking to now." "

The generation who would witness the things He was describing. Specifically, Jews.

Fundamentalists have nothing to so with any of it. All of it has to do with a covenant between God and one man, and that man's descendants. The prophecies are not self-fulfilling. What will happen will occur as proof. It takes no less than God to steer history.
Yeah, just keep repeating that to yourself. That helps it become true, doesn't it?

Your very own mindset (according to the comment you've made above) is the perfect example of the type of person capable of doing such a thing.

IT IS NOT I, BUT GOD WHO DOES THESE THINGS THROUGH ME!!!

*click*

<<pushes red button>>

You're so dead-set on seeing to the destruction of the planet, that you actually believe that it is the will of the God from your book of fairy-tales.

You, and your "type" are the ultimate danger, tx.

You can't see that, I know.

You won't see that, I know.

You'd rather believe, than know.

You're so dead-set on seeing to the destruction of the planet, that you actually believe that it is the will of the God from your book of fairy-tales.

Yes... many of them even get positively orgasmic at the thought of the world being obliterated by their angry god. It's like the world is just one big snuff film to these whackjobs.

Mark 9:1 He also said to them, "Amen, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see that the kingdom of God has come in power."

Matt 10:23 When they persecute you in one town, flee to another. Amen, I say to you, you will not finish the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes."

Mark 14:62 (To Caiphas) Then Jesus answered, "I am; and 'you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming with the clouds of heaven.'"

False prophet.

(Or a nice story)

End of story.

Don't hold your breath for the end of the world.

End of the world according to Islam:

Eschatology refers to religious beliefs about the end of the world and what happens to humans following their death. Islam teaches that the world will end in a manner similar to that predicted by traditional Christianity. Despite differences among branches of the religion, Islam generally holds that after a series of false prophets, an individual known as al-Mahdi (“the guided one”) will appear to unify Muslims, lead them to victory over their enemies, and establish an era of justice.

Following al-Mahdi, a one-eyed Antichrist (al-Masih ad-Dajjal, the “imposter messiah”) will emerge. Misguided Muslims will embrace him, leading to a final battle between good (those who follow al-Mahdi) and evil (those aligned with the Antichrist). The battle will end with the appearance of Jesus, who will strike down the Antichrist and convert all Jews and Christians to Islam.

Yet another battle will then take place between Muslims and the forces of Yajuj and Majuj (the Bible’s Gog and Magog), who will be defeated after Jesus prays to God for assistance. There will follow another period of mass rejection of God’s will, signaling the end of the physical universe and finally the Day of Judgment.

Islam believes that the Day of Judgment, also known as the Hour, is when all humans who have ever lived will stand before God and be judged worthy of eternal reward in Heaven or eternal damnation in Hell (Surah 39:60-75).

As with Christian eschatology, all events leading to the Day of Judgment will take place in the Middle East, but just when they will occur is unknown.

from mediaguidetoislam.sfsu.edu

Scare anybody? Anyone gonna wake up at 2:30 a.m. worrying about "The Hour", and the great Day of Judgment when you stand before Allah?

No?

Think about it.

Why should one religion freak you out when another one is brushed aside without a second thought?

Can you say meme?

winch one should we be worried about muslum jesus or christian jesus? theirs too many jesuses maybe when they come theyll duke it out in the wwf payperview and whoever wins everyone goes with.

Billions of people will be caught up in overwhelming delusion. (You folks who demand "proof" are gonna get what you asked for, but from exactly the wrong source). The world will be rid of your anathema. Christianity will be non-existent, but a sweeping, irresistable system will fill the vaccuum. It will be an a twisted religious amalgum revolving around one personality. Participation will be mandatory and anyone who refuses will be executed. (My personal theory about the world religion is that it could spring from some "we're all in this together" type faith such as the Bahai's who acknowledge Moses, Krishna, Christ, Buddha, Muhammed and others, all as "enlightened" figures). But the antichrist will be a marvel to behold. You will have never seen charisma like this guy will have.

It would be such a horrible thing to live by the meme, "we're all in this together." Oh the horror! :Doh:

You, TX, are one of the people that are caught up in the delusion because anyone that views 'togetherness' as the work of the anti-christ is just plain delusional. Please free up your faith from lies so you can know the truth...it will set you free.

Billions of people will be caught up in overwhelming delusion... The world will be rid of your anathema. Christianity will be non-existent, but a sweeping, irresistable system will fill the vaccuum. It will be an a twisted religious amalgum revolving around one personality. Participation will be mandatory and anyone who refuses will be executed.

Replace "Xianity" with "indigenous Heathen beliefs" and you've just described the Conversion of Europe in a nutshell.

Funny, that...

Is anyone else getting this image of txviper listening to "It's the End of the World As We Know It" on an endless loop? I suppose that explains the attitude and the madness...