Goodbye Jesus

To Christians: Give Up On The World Ending?

willybilly30

Is anyone else getting this image of txviper listening to "It's the End of the World As We Know It" on an endless loop? I suppose that explains the attitude and the madness...
Too bad he isn't listening to So Long and Thanks For All The Fish instead. :mellow:

Hi guys

What is a seven year week? And doesn,t "this generation", mean...well.....this generation? ie the one Jesus was preaching to?

Hi guys

What is a seven year week?

No idea :HaHa:

And doesn,t "this generation", mean...well.....this generation? ie the one Jesus was preaching to?

Yes, but Christians are well-known for their wondrous ability to contort in manners that would make Gumby scream. They'll twist anything and everything that doesn't suit their needs until it does.

"Christianese", indeed.

How their little world would crumble if they knew that other religions predicted a violent end of the world too.

No, not really. The ones I've run across just point and scream "LOOK WE WUR RIGHT CUZ T EY TOOK TEH IDEA FRUM US!!!111!11!!ONEONEELEVEN!"

You know, conveniently overlooking the fact that most of those myths are hundreds, if not thousands, of years older than their own... Then again, I DO have the misfortune of dealing with TECs most of the time, and they're dead convinced that THEIR religion (and thus "their" prophecies) came FIRST, and everyone else COPIED them because everyone else were agents of Satan trying to decieve Christians or somesuch garbage...

You're right, how very sad. I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with TECs....are they young earther's. I'm sure you have heard about every excuse possible, must get irritating.

Yeah, that was supposed to be "YECs". I hate typos :HaHa:

Dang. And here I thought the world is supposed to end when an unplanned male savior child will be born to the leader of a watery planet and then later go on to tame a bunch of blue-eyed desert people and some bigass spicy worms... or wait, maybe we're all supposed to drink the spicy worm at the bottom of a bottle of El Tesoro water of life...

I don't think I'll drink the Kool-Aid, thanks.

Why should one religion freak you out when another one is brushed aside without a second thought?

Can you say meme?

Amen, Brother! Yeah, or brainwashing and indoctrination. It's very freeing to realize the fact that god is nothing more than a character in an ancient book! Glory!