Goodbye Jesus

Christians Encourge Us To Hate Gays

Mike D

I saw this statement at that site:

"Those who engage in homosexual behavior already have the same rights as everyone else."

.....Now, can anyone tell me what planet these people are on? Because it ain't the same one I'm on.

"Those who engage in homosexual behavior already have the same rights as everyone else."

.....Now, can anyone tell me what planet these people are on? Because it ain't the same one I'm on.

Jerry Falwell is also fond of saying that homosexuals are seeking "special rights" when we ask for the right to marry our same-sex partners.

I've emailed his organization to remind them that we're not seeking special rights at all. Jerry will be allowed to marry another man too - it won't be limited to gay couples. For some reason they've never written me back. :wicked:

Whoo HOO! :grin:

Someone finally responded to something I typed here! :HaHa:

Thanks man. *sniff* Now I feel complete, like a real member 'n stuff.

Glad I could help, you are now an official heathen B)

I found their contact page and sent them the following letter:

Hey, good going. Good answer to the day of silence. Tell those faggots that we're not going to tolerate them telling us to treat them fairly. Let them know there is no safe place for them to be, even in school. They will be harassed and beaten up, and the teachers and other students will turn a blind eye to it. After all, Leviticus 20:13 tells us to kill them. They're damn lucky to be alive in this Christian nation of ours! I commend you and Pastor Fred Phelps for having the guts to tell the truth in this morally depraved country of ours.

I put my real e-mail address in there so I can see if they reply. I wonder if they'll get the irony? In a perfect world, this would be a wake-up call for their hatred and bigotry.

Hey, good going. Good answer to the day of silence. Tell those faggots that we're not going to tolerate them telling us to treat them fairly. Let them know there is no safe place for them to be, even in school. They will be harassed and beaten up, and the teachers and other students will turn a blind eye to it. After all, Leviticus 20:13 tells us to kill them. They're damn lucky to be alive in this Christian nation of ours! I commend you and Pastor Fred Phelps for having the guts to tell the truth in this morally depraved country of ours.

I put my real e-mail address in there so I can see if they reply. I wonder if they'll get the irony? In a perfect world, this would be a wake-up call for their hatred and bigotry.

:lmao::lmao: I love it!

GLBT group at my first college had the idea of making the Day of Silence be instead of not talking, they'd wear jeans so pretty much anyone who was wearing jeans that day was in support of them. :grin:

Hehe it reminds me of a little study some friends of mine did last year at my college. They placed ads everywhere announcing that next tuesday was a day for the support of gay marriage and to promote it you should wear a blue shirt. When tuesday came they estimated the number of blue shirts in the cafeteria vs an average they had made over the weeks. I don't remember the conclusions unfortunately but I think there was less blue shirts that day. :Hmm:

I love Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Straight/Asexual/Transexual/Pansexual and any other sexuality that doesn't harm other people by default Marriages.

It's equally fun and sacred!

Pity the Christofascists doesn't see it that way.

(If anybody didn't invent the word Christofascist/s, I claim the credit for it.)

LBGT people are like normal people, they just blend in.

Normality is relative, anyway.

What is normal to you is not to other people...

We must accept each other's foibles as long as it doesn't harm us.

Somebody put on voodoo doll curses on: Fred Phelps, Jerry Falwell, Any other powerful fatcat "antialternative marriages" type of people...

:)

Hope you post their reply here, if you ever get one! :grin:

I think we should all contact them. Here's what I sent...

I suggest you change the name of your event to "Day of Religious-Based Bigotry". What's next on your agenda - Days of Truth supporting segregation or attacking women's rights? You could find bible verses to support both of those prejudices as well, but that doesn't make it right.

You have the right to be prejudiced based on your religious beliefs, but keep your poison out of our schools.

Since they require you to enter your address to submit a comment I put "I don't give my address to bigots" in the street address field. :wicked: Bigots have been known to be violent so I don't want them knowing where I live.

I cleaned up AGF's rant a bit (editing out the swear words so they wouldn't hit delete before reading on) and sent it. I'm sure the point will be over their heads, but it was funny sending the letter anyway.

Someone else should send Nirtti's message.

The reason shit like this pisses me off so much is that these are just kids who don't want to be beat up, spit on, pushed, shoved, kicked, etc., because of who they are. Yet these "loving, compassionate, decent" Christians come along and call this an "agenda", as if there is something diabolical and evil about wanting to be left alone and not harrassed :vent:

I agree; I'm not gay or bisexual but I know people who are. A friend of mine has (or had, I'm not sure anymore) transgendered feelings, and my girlfriend is bisexual. All these are folks I know from personal experience to be just like anyone else. They are not inherently evil or twisted or wicked. They love, work hard, feel joy and sorrow and all the other things straight people do. For them, or anyone else like them, to be abused for absolutely nothing is a crime against humanity and true morality.

True morality consists in actually respecting your neighbor. True morality consists in genuinely treating others as you would like to be treated yourself. True morality consists in coing to understand other people for what they are, and if what they are does not pose an obvious danger to others, respecting them for their right to be themselves. True morality also consists in minding your own damn business unless something personally applies to you, not in "preaching" or "witnessing" to otherwise perfectly fine people who don't need to be "saved." Xianity falls short - way short - of what the vasy majority of folks on this board and elsewhere would call "true morality", and Xians ought to be ashamed of themselves for promoting hostility towards their fellow man by promoting their stupid cult.

I used to be vehemently anti-gay. I thought homosexuality was one of the worst things a person could do, and that gays had a special agenda of their own. Granted, some do - some use their homosexuality as an excuse to whine and demand favoritism, and others commit crimes pertaining to their sexual inclinations. But straight people commit sex crimes, too - this does not render them monsters, so gays and bisexuals, etc, are also not monstrous, and no Creator who allowed them to exist as they are in the first place could possibly condemn them for that. When I dumped Xianity and started being honest with myself, I realized there was no good reason at all to oppose homosexuals or bisexuals or their right to be what they are, so long as they do not use it as an excuse to harm others.

I feel the same way about Xianity, that someone should be free to choose to be Xian if that suits him, just so long as he does no harm to someone else because of it. But Xianity and its moral crusades have done and encouraged great harm to people. So, as a moral human being who strives to become better if I can, I would stand with the homosexuals and others in defending their rights, against the so-called arbitors of ethical behavior.

This is the land of the free, not the land of the cross :nono:

This is the land of the free, not the land of the cross :nono:

That would make an excellent bumper sticker.

I think we should all contact them. Here's what I sent...

I suggest you change the name of your event to "Day of Religious-Based Bigotry". What's next on your agenda - Days of Truth supporting segregation or attacking women's rights? You could find bible verses to support both of those prejudices as well, but that doesn't make it right.

You have the right to be prejudiced based on your religious beliefs, but keep your poison out of our schools.

Since they require you to enter your address to submit a comment I put "I don't give my address to bigots" in the street address field. :wicked: Bigots have been known to be violent so I don't want them knowing where I live.

OK if you guys are sending something now I am thinking I am going to have to send something also. Maybe i'll ask them when we are going to have a Day of Truth about stoning those you hear curse, because the OT clearly commands this. Or maybe a Day of Truth about offering your firstborn son as a human sacrafice? Yep, that's in the OT as well, and I don't see any fundy's rushing to the alter with their baby boys. The "truth" needs to be heard! :wicked:

BTW, this is their rationale for zero'ing in on gays and not other sins:

Why are you focusing on this sin and ignoring all the others?

There is no irrelevant sin in the Bible. All sins are wicked in the eyes of God. The Bible is clear in its condemnation of adultery, false witness, theft, and murder, to name just a few. We are all sinners who deserve condemnation, and it is only because of the love and saving grace of Jesus Christ that we can be reconciled to our Father and have eternal life.

However, there is no organized activist movement that exists worldwide today to legalize and encourage theft, adultery, or lying. But there is a mobilized movement that challenges God’s truth on a daily basis with regard to homosexual behavior. That is why we are responding to yesterday’s “Day of Silence” to counter attempts to legitimize and promote homosexual behavior.

Umm, these idiots need to read up on their laws, since divorce, adultry, lying, cursing, blasphemy, etc. are all legal in most (if not all) of the US!

Hope you post their reply here, if you ever get one! :grin:

Definitely!

Alliance Defense Fund, one of the many fundy Christian groups out there who are outraged that gays and lesbians don't want to be victims of violence and persecution because of who they are.

Those faggoty BASTARDS!!!!!

This is the primary reason I have decided to leave Christianity. There is no place for me, a young gay guy, in it.

Wow, so just because we don't want to be beaten and torchered means we are trying to "push an agenda?"

I can't stand those fundie freaks. This is all about trying to appeal to their demographic in the next election.

Sadly, they are having these kids alienate themselves from their peers to push an agenda.

Wow, so just because we don't want to be beaten and torchered means we are trying to "push an agenda?"

I swear, I am really starting to hate the word "agenda". Everyone who uses it is usually a paranoid conspiracy theory nutjob who thinks there's some sinister "mysterious forces" at work behind the scenes trying to get control. Oh no, it's the illuminati, its the freemasons, it's the liberal media, they're coming to get us! Quick, run for the hills!! :lmao:

I was just reading that some Christians are starting a day in US high schools called "A day of Truth". This is being promoted by the Alliance Defense Fund, one of the many fundy Christian groups out there who are outraged that gays and lesbians don't want to be victims of violence and persecution because of who they are.

That is so sickening. Alliance DEFENSE Fund? They really do think they're soooooooo persecuted.

"Hey! We're not being allowed to beat up and kill gay people! We're so pitifully oppressed by being forced to respect people!"

It reminds me of that time I lost the right to commit arson on children's hospitals.....I've never forgiven The Man for that. :Wendywhatever:

But straight people commit sex crimes, too - this does not render them monsters

Wolfheart,

Did you mean this to sound the way it does? Those who commit sex crimes are not monsters? Sorry, but pedophiles are absolutely monstrous. So are rapists.

Just wanting to clarify your meaning.

Wolfheart,

Did you mean this to sound the way it does? Those who commit sex crimes are not monsters? Sorry, but pedophiles are absolutely monstrous. So are rapists.

Perhaps Wolfheart meant that, even though straight people also commit sex crimes, you don't see all straight people being painted as monsters?

Wolfheart,

Perhaps Wolfheart meant that, even though straight people also commit sex crimes, you don't see all straight people being painted as monsters?

Yes, that would make sense. :phew::grin:

Jerry Falwell is also fond of saying that homosexuals are seeking "special rights" when we ask for the right to marry our same-sex partners.

I've emailed his organization to remind them that we're not seeking special rights at all. Jerry will be allowed to marry another man too - it won't be limited to gay couples. For some reason they've never written me back. :wicked:

Does not surprise me at all that they have not returned a response to you... Are you really that surprised? How often do we find that when questioned or query a xian -- especially a pastor -- the wall of silence goes up. They (Xians) believe that gay people are sick and disgusting. That's real xian isn't it. As per their own bible it says the "All are loved by God." Therefore, gay people are in that ALL, too.

As for Jerry having the right to marry another man... What man in his right mind would have such a wonder-schlup? See my point? :phew:

I was just reading that some Christians are starting a day in US high schools called "A day of Truth". This is being promoted by the Alliance Defense Fund, one of the many fundy Christian groups out there who are outraged that gays and lesbians don't want to be victims of violence and persecution because of who they are.

That is so sickening. Alliance DEFENSE Fund? They really do think they're soooooooo persecuted.

"Hey! We're not being allowed to beat up and kill gay people! We're so pitifully oppressed by being forced to respect people!"

It reminds me of that time I lost the right to commit arson on children's hospitals.....I've never forgiven The Man for that. :Wendywhatever:

Isn't it amazingh that they scream they have been perseucted yet they are the ones persecuting. The biggest cult on this planet. And I mean cult in every sense of the word.

Xians think they have the inside track to heaven....however, they are so persecuted.

As for "We're not being allowed to..." statement. I completely agree. Xians are really too much. And please remember that the KKK has based their beliefs on the Xian religion. See what I mean?

I also loved your closing line. Very pithy.... cute. I hate the fact that they took away your right to commit arsoon on chidren's hospitals, too. Shame on them....

Damn the Man -- Save the Empire!