Goodbye Jesus

Just My Thoughts...

Guest GodzPoet

I am from NY state originally... now residing in KY. My husband and I are both out of work right now and we are relying on both food stamps and HUD to get us thru for now. Not much fun, but we have most of what we need... and when we need something food stamps won't buy... we either ask our church or donate plasma.

Why are you both out of work? Layoffs, fired, etc.?

If they just moved to Kentucky, that's reason enough for them both to still be out of work. Kentucky isn't exactly a job-mecca like cities on the coast. I'm impressed by anyone who can garner a halfway decent wage out of the central states.

Dude, that ain't even right. What if she is a fat chick?

You didn't even think of that, did you? :Hmm:

:Doh:

Guess not many people watch family guy.

Is this what you did?

Hahaha, it's a good way to make 50,000 dollars.

It's their choice to believe or not believe. And if they don't wanna believe... I can't change that.

I'm surprised I'm the first one to reply to this comment. She's a nice person and all, but that doesn't mean I won't point it out if she makes a mistake...

It's not that we don't WANT to beleive. It's not a choice, you don't CHOOSE what you beleive. And if you did... well, I'm sorry but that means deep down you don't REALLY beleive it.

A beleif is not a choice, it's when a person makes a conclusion based on the informations that are available to him/her. Or, sometimes it can be based on emotions, on what you wish to be true.

But it's certainly not a "choice". Just wanted to clear that up :)

It's their choice to believe or not believe. And if they don't wanna believe... I can't change that.

I'm surprised I'm the first one to reply to this comment. She's a nice person and all, but that doesn't mean I won't point it out if she makes a mistake...

It's not that we don't WANT to beleive. It's not a choice, you don't CHOOSE what you beleive. And if you did... well, I'm sorry but that means deep down you don't REALLY beleive it.

A beleif is not a choice, it's when a person makes a conclusion based on the informations that are available to him/her. Or, sometimes it can be based on emotions, on what you wish to be true.

But it's certainly not a "choice". Just wanted to clear that up :)

Well said Nick, and the subsequent comments did bother me, such as "he is still the only way" - which kind of left me with a feeling that the Poet smooched us to get our attention. But I didn't want to get drawn into a debate about why Christians believe Jesus is the "only way" and then reject all the other Pagan gods who made the exact same claims. Go figure, and your analysis about belief is spot on. You have my vote.

:HaHa:

Guess not many people watch family guy.

haha, I got the joke, thats one of my favorite shows

Guest GodzPoet

Yes we are both out of work... I have not been able to get a job here since we moved here. My husband had a decent job that uses a point system for missing work and my husband got pretty sick about 2 or 3 weeks after he started and ended up pointing out. He is on their rehire list, but they only do rehires when they can't get newbies... which translates into almost never. I think he was called in for an interview on one rehire about a year ago... and that was nearly 5 years after he pointed out.

There is like a 20-25% (maybe even higher) unemployment rate here. Last time we checked, the county we live in is the absolute highest in this state... and KY has the highest or second highest unemployment rate in the USA. Most places around here want the high school and college kids instead of experienced workers... kinda sad.

As per my remarks about my beliefs (or maybe more accurately, my faith)... I didn't come here to debate them, I was simply trying to clarify that my beliefs are not in doubt or in question. I know what I believe and why I believe it. And also... I was not trying to "smooch" you guys. I should have probably worded it differently. I didn't, I offended someone in the process (which I didn't intend to do) and I am truly sorry. I will honestly do my best not to "preach" anymore. Besides, thats not my gift... :grin:

Anyways... thanks for not mowin' me down.

And also... I was not trying to "smooch" you guys. I should have probably worded it differently. I didn't, I offended someone in the process (which I didn't intend to do) and I am truly sorry. I will honestly do my best not to "preach" anymore. Besides, thats not my gift... :grin:

Please don't feel like you have "offended" anyone here, some of us might make comments that are negative (generally it is from our own past experience, and not any relation to your words themselves); but we don't "offend" easily.

We all have our convictions, and you appear have to have a healthier grasp on yours than many christians that come here, and that earns you some respect!

Welcome, and we hope to see you weigh in now and then!

Hey, no problems there.

Something to consider. We really don't dislike Christian people, just rude, inconsiderate, and otherwise unthoughtful people.

I'm more about seeing that this world creates positive people who forward good principals & morals. And far more often than not Christianity allows people to twist things so that they use it as a means to further negative thought & actions.

Hope you find work soon. I went through a long unemployed period myself so I know what you're feeling there!

All the best on your journey.