Goodbye Jesus

Joyce Meyer...

jrmarlin

With so many people who can't even afford healthcare, shelter and basic necessities and here she is, racking up millions in cash from poor folks who think Jebus will give them what she's got.....if only they give her what little they have. If anyone else but a Christian ministry does this, they're put behind bars for embezzlement. Don't you just love it?

Hey Joyce! You say we get an increase from God if we pay you tithes? I got an idea. Why don't you put your preaching where your mouth is? Hell, give me 10% of your cash and we'll both be blessed. I'll be filthy rich and it'll be 10% easier for you to enter the kindom of heaven. See? We both come out ahead! Won't that be a blessin'?

Seriously. This is making me physically ill. :puke:

Goodbye Jesus

But aren't Women Pastors disallowed in the bible. How come all the fundie christains are tolerating this, but at the same time they have heaps of problem with gays?

What a bunch of pious hypocrates!!!!!!

Question…

For those of you over the age of 35, doesn’t Joyce Meyers remind you of Josephine the Plumber from those old Comet commercials? :shrug: Her voice is just the same.

IBF

You have pinned the tail on the donkey. I knew she reminded me of someone but couldn't place my finger on it. :wicked:

cheers,

cho

But aren't Women Pastors disallowed in the bible. How come all the fundie christains are tolerating this, but at the same time they have heaps of problem with gays?

So utterly true - typical of how Xians just pick and choose which parts of the Babble they want to believe in or preach about, and just ignore the rest. Gay-bashing is only just becoming upopular in American society, whereas women-bashing fell out of vogue some decades ago, so the poor Xians have to learn to ride the waves or wipe out. A supposedly carved-in-stone faith and religion is just reappropriated and repackaged to better lure in the society that develops despite its best attempts to halt its progress.

So utterly true - typical of how Xians just pick and choose which parts of the Babble they want to believe in or preach about, and just ignore the rest. Gay-bashing is only just becoming upopular in American society, whereas women-bashing fell out of vogue some decades ago, so the poor Xians have to learn to ride the waves or wipe out. A supposedly carved-in-stone faith and religion is just reappropriated and repackaged to better lure in the society that develops despite its best attempts to halt its progress.

Oh, but she's NOT a pastor. She's a TEACHER. She is the shepherd of no flock. But it's bullshit nonetheless. There is always some loophole for the things they WANT to get around. My ex is of some brand of fundamentalist pentecostal that is accepting of women preachers...that actually head up a church. Hell, she wanted to be one at one time. She probably still does. Her new hubby may be a bit less liberal than I was though and might be putting the kibosh on that.

This woman is ripping off the public with her "gospel" and embezzling money from her "sheep" so much that I hope the IRS nails her to the wall. I hope her whole family gets the same just treatment that all the other "rich pastors who have gone down the hole" before her. :loser:

:nono: We need to start taxing churches -- especially people like this Joyce Meyer character. Imagine the taxes she would have to pay for her home, cars and upkeep alone.

I am so tired of the government cutting churches so much financial slack while they go after individuals for their taxes with a vengence.

Why don't they start going after people like Meyer with the same frevor? I would think that taxes would be far greater returns on their (the IRS) time and resources. Think about it, if Meyers were actually held financially accountable and TAXED, they (the government - state and federal) would stand to make MILLIONS in tax revenue. This being said, it appears rather moronic to go after the $20K waitress because her tips were off by $100.00 for the whole year! And I have heard of instances where they have done this.

Make sense? :Doh:

TAX THE CHURCH and the Country will prosper!!!!!!!!!!!

The fastest way to get rich in America is to start a church... -- Rob Hubbard

Oh, but she's NOT a pastor. She's a TEACHER. She is the shepherd of no flock. But it's bullshit nonetheless. There is always some loophole for the things they WANT to get around.

:HaHa: No loophole in the bible regarding that.

1 Timothy 2:11-12

“A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent

The xtianity is pariachal system both in the NT and OT(just one of the theme that is actually same all through). They are just ignoring the bible, that's all

Women pastors / preachers? What does the Bible say about women in ministry?

God has ordained the only men are to serve in positions of spiritual teaching authority in the church. This is not because men are necessarily better teachers, or because women are inferior or less intelligent (which is not the case). It is simply the way God designed the church to function . Men are to set the example in spiritual leadership – in their lives and through their words.

God has ordained the only men are to serve in positions of spiritual teaching authority in the church. This is not because men are necessarily better teachers, or because women are inferior or less intelligent (which is not the case). It is simply the way God designed the church to function . Men are to set the example in spiritual leadership – in their lives and through their words.

Gotta love the patriarchical beliefs....

Tho, I will say, I don't like Joyce Meyers... not because she has gone against the babble to become a "teacher" or "spiritual leader." I don't like Joyce Meyers because she's a thief. :vent:

I LOVE this bitch! She's like Dr. Phil with a pussy and a fundy message :lmao: Oh, man! She seems to be part of my "family" (lesbian). Just get that vibe.

Wal-Mart and K-Mart are OVERSTOCKED with her books. She has several. I have been almost tempted to read it, but I respect true literature and my own intellect too much to stoop so low. Must be funny though.

I LOVE this bitch! She's like Dr. Phil with a pussy and a fundy message :lmao: Oh, man! She seems to be part of my "family" (lesbian). Just get that vibe.

I got that same lesbian ‘vibe.’ I think that is why she reminded me of Josephine the Plumber. When she stopped selling comet, she moved on to Jesus. The both make everything oh so clean. :grin:

Joyce_Josephine.jpg

I wonder how close I'd have to be to hit that cross with a paintball gun.

Does anyone know if this thief is still under investigation by the IRS? If so, has there been any further word about it? :vent:

She's always under investigation. If you ask me, it's not a matter of if, but when. Unfortunately, as is usual, people probably will still regard her as a woman of God who deserves respect. The fundy set, anyway.

She's always under investigation. If you ask me, it's not a matter of if, but when. Unfortunately, as is usual, people probably will still regard her as a woman of God who deserves respect. The fundy set, anyway.

Just amazing. She should be put in jail. Her theft is so blatantly obvious. One would think her followers were get wise and quit giving this thief more money to spend.

Reading that article above made me sick. Utterly sick. She belongs in jail.

On a side note: that band I told you all about said her son, Dan, was a real idiot. One of the guy's wives works as his personal assistant and the guy is a complete moron. Apparently. Of course, my source was a complete moron, too. :Hmm:

I just checked the local listings and her show is not on. Did the show get cancelled?

Scratch that. I just found some listings. I want to see what this fruitcake is all about.

Another beautiful story of Joyce Meyer's love towards her own....

Here is another beautiful example of how Joyce Meyer treats people who have worked for her. Talk about Christian love...

Apparently, this woman was fired for "talking about another employee" after working for Joycie for over a decade -- and at the time of termination, was still only making $9.75 a hour, even though Joycie makes around $950,000 a year.

This woman, after being fired, had her rented home bought out by the Dream Center (Joyce Meyer's complex where here little workers do her bidding for her.) Now she is being evicted. Nice, huh?

Another reason why Xian love just doesn't work!

Meyer's money pleas

Sometimes soft, sometimes tough, Meyer's plea for money, like most things she does, is matter-of-fact and without apology.

"Some of you need to sow a special seed this weekend," Meyer told her Detroit audience. "Don't be a $10 man all your life. Don't even be a $100 man all your life. . . . You have to give sometimes until it hurts. It needs to cost you something."

Sometimes, she's more demanding.

"I don't have to stand here and beg," she told the crowd in Buffalo. "What God wants you to do here tonight is to pay for somebody else to watch my show."

Meyer told her Detroit audience about those who are unhappy with the way she pleads for money.

"People say, 'I don't want to hear about the money, the money, the money, the money. I came to hear Joyce. I didn't come to hear about the money,'" Meyer said. "Giving will change your life. When God gives you an increase, you give more."

Meyer often stands on stage hawking her products. In Atlanta, she held an enormous basket, overflowing with 50 of her books - "free" for a $1,000 offering.

She showed off new tape offerings packaged like suitcases. At one point, Meyer struggled to carry four of the massive tape cases, which sell for $110 apiece, across the arena stage.

"I need to see you leaving my meetings just like this," she said.

She pointed out that her audiotapes are cheaper than the $100 an hour that some professional counselors charge.

She told her flock in Buffalo that they have to stop being jealous of people like her who have nice things.

"Don't be jealous of what somebody's got," she said. "It's not about somebody getting your money. You need to give."

Joyce knows how to get money... Perhaps we should all start churches just so we can get as rich as Miss Thing. She's a used car salesman pitching the Jebus Hotrod.

What is most intriguing to me is given what is above, what makes her any different from a homeless person on the street begging for a quarter....yet most people pass the homeless guy and give her $1,000.00. Does this make any sense whatsoever?

Fascinating.

I wonder how close I'd have to be to hit that cross with a paintball gun.

Just make sure to use red paint, you know, to give it the illusion it's bleeding. :HaHa:

I used to watch her. It saddens me how materialistic she is. So much of that money could help build up undeveloped areas and whole countiries. Why is not the rising and th setting of the sun enough, and other nature?